Chris Bosio

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Chris Bosio Fired

Per Bob Nightengale. Could go after Jim Hickey who worked under Maddon for years.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damn i was gonna mention this yesterday after i saw mike maddux would be available now after Dusty was fired and moreso Epstein comments about the walks and where they been ranked and all ..

That i wouldnt be surprise with the way the pitching went backwards if they'd consider dropping Bosio..
Plus now just thinking about it, i wonder if the incident earlier this year when he was suspended had anything to do with it too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bosio worked wonders with reclamation projects, but this year was a no win situation with Anderson. As far as the rest of the pen, he sucked.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
Damn i was gonna mention this yesterday after i saw mike maddux would be available now after Dusty was fired and moreso Epstein comments about the walks and where they been ranked and all ..

That i wouldnt be surprise with the way the pitching went backwards if they'd consider dropping Bosio..
Plus now just thinking about it, i wonder if the incident earlier this year when he was suspended had anything to do with it too

When was he suspended and for what? I thought he was just taking time off for a family situation.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

The fact that Jim Hickey is available probably tipped the scales towards his ouster.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I wish Greg would get back into it.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't really have an issue with Bosio going but if they are replacing him I hope they get a guy who's great at developing young starters because that's what's coming up in the cubs system.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Hopefully, our hitting coach is next fired. Worst postseason BA in history and only 2 players on whole team that hit to opposite field on outside pitches

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would be fine with Hickey. All he has worked with is young arms and that seems to be the direction they are heading.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hopefully, our hitting coach is next fired. Worst postseason BA in history and only 2 players on whole team that hit to opposite field on outside pitches
Yeah. Not sure about that. Obviously Heyward's supposed mechanical changes didn't really take. Did Schwarber progress? You mention hitters not going oppo. That's on the hitters TBH. Mallee cannot control that. At MLB level players have heard everything. They will go with what got them to the Show.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If you want a slap hitter then draft & develop or sign one.

Now most good hitters start to drive to opp. To get out of a slump then start to pull after out of it. That bit comes down to plate approach.

All a coach will do is do video and point out mechanical flaws and then tinker in season to right the ship. But most over hauls have do be done off season. And honestly that is up to higher power personnel if they do that or trade for it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Kk
I would be fine with Hickey. All he has worked with is young arms and that seems to be the direction they are heading.
Not saying Hickey won't be considered..

Just how do you figure their direction is in young arms next year or so..
Assuming your meaning in young arms is under 2 years of MLB experience..

Rotation has Lester Hendricks Quintana, all experienced..

Most likely going after a TOR pitcher who will most likelyhave over 3 yrs experience..

So, only possible "young arm " may be a kid for the 5th spot..

I doubt he fills the bullpen with those young arms, except maybe Dillon Maples..

So if they are interested in Hickey it wont necessarily be because of how he works with kids...

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I am not here to defend Mallee, specifically, but the Cubs were one of the highest scoring teams for the year, and the #1 scoring team since the break. And you call for his firing due to the postseason?

It was certainly bad in the playoffs, but they seemed to be gassed as much as anything. They faced Strasburg twice, Scherzer once as starter, Kershaw twice, Darvish once, Alex Wood once....same thing is happening to both Houston and NYY. Top two scoring teams scored a total, between them, of 12 in the first two games.

(But I do wish they had kept Mueller)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
KkNot saying Hickey won't be considered..

Just how do you figure their direction is in young arms next year or so..
Assuming your meaning in young arms is under 2 years of MLB experience..

Rotation has Lester Hendricks Quintana, all experienced..

Most likely going after a TOR pitcher who will most likelyhave over 3 yrs experience..

So, only possible "young arm " may be a kid for the 5th spot..

I doubt he fills the bullpen with those young arms, except maybe Dillon Maples..

So if they are interested in Hickey it wont necessarily be because of how he works with kids...

It won't be a one year gig.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It won't be a one year gig.
And Lester Hendricks Quintana and whoever they add will be around for next 3 + years so again their not really going into the direction of young SP anytime soon..

So for cubs, hiring a guy at the MLB level because his main credential is how he handles young pitchers isn't going to be a reason now.

Again not saying there won't be an interest in hiring hickey but i think it'll be more for his history/familiarity with Maddon then his ability to work with kids..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And Lester Hendricks Quintana and whoever they add will be around for next 3 + years so again their not really going into the direction of young SP anytime soon..

So for cubs, hiring a guy at the MLB level because his main credential is how he handles young pitchers isn't going to be a reason now.

Again not saying there won't be an interest in hiring hickey but i think it'll be more for his history/familiarity with Maddon then his ability to work with kids..

I can't imagine they let Bosio go without a definite target. I would certainly think they are targeting Hickey. We'll see. Lots of openings.