Joe Girardi Out as Yankees Skipper

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yank’s uppers seemed to believe that Joe was getting burnt out. I can see him taking a year off honestly

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Yank’s uppers seemed to believe that Joe was getting burnt out. I can see him taking a year off honestly

I thought he might walk away but I am surprised the Yankees were actually the deciding force in the end. I would assume he takes some time off but I'm guessing Philly will make some overtures to him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I thought he might walk away but I am surprised the Yankees were actually the deciding force in the end. I would assume he takes some time off but I'm guessing Philly will make some overtures to him.

Phil are a rebuild. If he wants to relive his Miami days I get it

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The Nationals or Cardinals would be worse case scenarios as a Cub fan.

I could honestly see (and hope) he takes a year off to get away and then comes back when he can basically choose any job he wants in a year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I hope so..

Imagine him with the nationals talent.

Wouldnt be good for cubs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maybe someone wanted soda in the Yankees locker room really, really bad.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I hope so..

Imagine him with the nationals talent.

Wouldnt be good for cubs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If I'm Joe Girardi or John Farrell I don't touch Washington with a ten foot pole. They completely disrespected Bud Black after offering the job and then, frankly, took advantage of Baker's desperation when they hired him. Now, I wouldn't have hired Baker in the first place, I think it's pretty clear his teams win but don't get to the dance, but to let a guy go after a two division titles and 192 wins indicates the kind of volatility I wouldn't want if I'm a veteran manager. Prior to Girardi being let go Dave Martinez was the front runner for that job, I would think he's still most likely. I think if Girardi wants to manage it's a horse race between he and Farrell in Philly. They're a team on the cusp, lots of young talent and oodles of money to spend the next two seasons. If Girardi gets it maybe Farrell becomes Cubs pitching coach if Hickey goes elsewhere.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
While I think they did Dusty wrong, I could easily see Washington offering a 4/20 to Girardi. I really feel he's in the team photo for best active manager and the Nationals are ready to win now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Nationals or Cardinals would be worse case scenarios as a Cub fan.

I could honestly see (and hope) he takes a year off to get away and then comes back when he can basically choose any job he wants in a year.

Prior to playoffs I read a team was ready to grab Girardi if Yanks didn't keep him. I worried it might be Cards, as Matheny was not guranteed to be back.

But Cards justvrevamped entire staff (not Matheny's decision), so I can't imagine they make a change. Three new coaches in last week.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
While I think they did Dusty wrong, I could easily see Washington offering a 4/20 to Girardi. I really feel he's in the team photo for best active manager and the Nationals are ready to win now.

That job is not bad, but looks less attractive when you see that two top position players are over 30, and Harper could leave in a year.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
That job is not bad, but looks less attractive when you see that two top position players are over 30, and Harper could leave in a year.

Frankly if I'm them I trade Harper this offseason for some young talent. They'll win the division anyway unless Philly really surprises. Get your new nucleus going with Victor Robles and put Adam Eaton in RF. Juan Soto is probably a year away and Carter Kieboom is not far behind him. With the 1-2 punch of Scherzer and Strasburg around for awhile they aren't going away any time soon with or without Harper.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Frankly if I'm them I trade Harper this offseason for some young talent. They'll win the division anyway unless Philly really surprises. Get your new nucleus going with Victor Robles and put Adam Eaton in RF. Juan Soto is probably a year away and Carter Kieboom is not far behind him. With the 1-2 punch of Scherzer and Strasburg around for awhile they aren't going away any time soon with or without Harper.

I don't perceive Harper doing anything but staying put in WAS

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I don't perceive Harper doing anything but staying put in WAS

I don't agree at all. By all accounts he doesn't like playing there and has a real beef with Mike Rizzo. I think he's gone and if Washington becomes sure of that why not move him? I've been consistent for two years I think he's a Phillie in just over a year. He or Machado would make perfect sense for them as a veteran centerpiece.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't agree at all. By all accounts he doesn't like playing there and has a real beef with Mike Rizzo. I think he's gone and if Washington becomes sure of that why not move him? I've been consistent for two years I think he's a Phillie in just over a year. He or Machado would make perfect sense for them as a veteran centerpiece.

I have been consistent too in that Washington will be the only ones to pay him close to what he is looking for. He's not headed to Phi to do a rebuild. I don't think Machado is either, though I think he could look at the White Sox depending on the year they have in 2018.

We'll see

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I have been consistent too in that Washington will be the only ones to pay him close to what he is looking for. He's not headed to Phi to do a rebuild. I don't think Machado is either, though I think he could look at the White Sox depending on the year they have in 2018.

We'll see

Philadelphia is almost done. I think they sign some help this year and go all in for 2019. I think they'll nip at Washington's heels all next year. I thought Atlanta would too to be honest but their FO is in chaos so I don't think they can do what they want to although they're still said to be in on Arrieta.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
First time ever that three managers from playoff teams were fired.

Wonder if Jeter will be calling.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Philadelphia is almost done. I think they sign some help this year and go all in for 2019. I think they'll nip at Washington's heels all next year. I thought Atlanta would too to be honest but their FO is in chaos so I don't think they can do what they want to although they're still said to be in on Arrieta.

I'll be shocked if Philly wins 81 games in 2018