Malle/Gary Jones Out, Chilli Davis is

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess so, but how do you get to be a hitting coach in the league if nobody gives you that shot.

I just want to watch a team that does not get shifted on each batter. Its almost like they are trying to tire the third baseman out by having him run back and forth.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So if the team doesn't make the Playoffs this year (2018), is Maddon next?
Depends a bit on the guys they bring in this off season..

I mean right now on paper without knowing who the new starters are , etc ..
With the guys they have, their probably a .500 team

Obviously new additions should make them better..
So if their projected a 90+ win team and WS contender..
Then yes im sure a red flag will go up on Maddon if they fail to make playoffs barring major injuries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No I really don't. Hines has never been a hitting coach in MLB so I get why he's an assistant. Chili Davis has a track record and could be seen as an upgrade to Mallee.
From what i heard..

Davis and Mallee are both saber guys but Davis is a bit more to Epstein likings..
Also
Their saying that sometimes eventhough you have 2 people with same approach, changing the voice and ways of implementing it could be effective over hearing and doing the same thing over and over again..

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Chili Davis seems to preach about grinding out at bats. Which is what we have seen from successful playoff offenses. Combine that with our talent and I believe we become the best offense in the league. Will it work? Who knows.....

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I would prefer that 60 year old guy I had in little league telling me to hit the ball where the defense was not. This is great when the ball flies over the fence or to the gap, but if how many hits would the cub have had if the short right fielder did not throw out our hitter?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Chili Davis seems to preach about grinding out at bats. Which is what we have seen from successful playoff offenses. Combine that with our talent and I believe we become the best offense in the league. Will it work? Who knows.....
Mallee and Maddon preached the same thing....

Like i said, chili davis isnt much different then Mallee..
Its just sometimes you need a different voice preaching the same idea in a different way

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What was not being done is a long list that can be added to.

Go with the pitch to the opposite field. Pitchers are throwing away away away and the defense is shifted. Should be easy for these millionaires.

Protect the plate with 2 strikes. That means tapping balls foul to get another pitch. Too many times our guys watch the called third strike that "they should not be swinging at anyway", but eventually you have to start spoiling them not walking back to watch the film to know you were right. You were still called out.

Whichever student figures this out the fastest should be our leadoff hitter.