Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait the White Sox have a long way to go to be as good as the Astros?

That's pretty insightful. You should be a scout or maybe a manager.
    Um, I'm closer to being a scout or a manager than the White Sox are from being a very good team. But you should maybe talk to Brett because he thinks that there isn't a big difference between the two teams

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

You Can Call Me Al
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The White Sox are rebuilding their team in the same way the Cubs, Astros, and (to a lesser extent?? Help me out with this one brett or dennehy) the Dodgers. A young talented core of cost controlled everyday players. Now, I haven't seen anyone who has at all suggested that the Sox will have the same kind of success that that Astros and Cubs have had the last few years, but the mindset/plan is the correct way to go.
    Last edited by Gustavus Adolphus; 11-01-2017 at 12:42 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    The White Sox are rebuilding their team in the same way the Cubs, Astros, and (to a lesser extent?? Help me out with this one brett or dennehy) the Dodgers. A young talented core of cost controlled everyday players. Now, I haven't seen anyone who has at all suggested that the Sox will have the same kind of success that that Astros and Cubs have had the last few years, but the mindset/plan is the correct way to go.
    Yep. I think the Dodgers have an advantage because they were able to trade away that huge payroll of FA signings they had to help build the system, but overall I totally agree with you.

Sox are doing what they should do, obviously no guarantees but they are taking their best shot imo.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

Funny stuff. This just proves that Gus is equally stupid in all sports. Hey, Gus, go back to the football board and call me a coward some more. Leave these folks alone.

Yep. I think the Dodgers have an advantage because they were able to trade away that huge payroll of FA signings they had to help build the system, but overall I totally agree with you.

Sox are doing what they should do, obviously no guarantees but they are taking their best shot imo.
    Funny shit. Ever take a look at the Dodgers payroll? Get back to me after you checked. Then compare that payroll to the amount of salary that the Sox dumped this year. The Sox now have two good major league players on their entire 40 man roster. "They are taking their best shot"? Not with that idiot owner that they have they are not.

Also, Losing Buddy Bell is going to hurt. Great baseball man.

White Sox played a game under .500 since the dump. Yes, they are awful
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    Funny shit. Ever take a look at the Dodgers payroll? Get back to me after you checked. Then compare that payroll to the amount of salary that the Sox dumped this year. The Sox now have two good major league players on their entire 40 man roster. "They are taking their best shot"? Not with that idiot owner that they have they are not.

Also, Losing Buddy Bell is going to hurt. Great baseball man.
    the Dodgers had the largest payroll in baseball this year, at $265mil, more than twice what the White Sox payroll has been for the last 5 years - some years close to 3x. Probably $100 million of that Dodgers payroll was paid to guys who don't play on the Dodgers anymore. Guys who they traded for younger players.

You Can Call Me Al

the Dodgers had the largest payroll in baseball this year, at $265mil, more than twice what the White Sox payroll has been for the last 5 years - some years close to 3x. Probably $100 million of that Dodgers payroll was paid to guys who don't play on the Dodgers anymore. Guys who they traded for younger players.
    $40 million dollars between Scott Kazmir (didn't pitch this year) and Adrian Gonzalez (71 games).

Yeah the Dodgers are in a different world from the Sox, and almost every other team, financially.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

You Can Call Me Al

That fact will be lost on some people....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

Yep. That is my point. It does take an owner spending some money to win. I just wish that the White Sox had an owner who allowed Hahn to have a chance to assemble a quality team. Look, I am not saying that they need to spend as much money as the Dodgers or Yankees do or other top teams. But Reinny refuses to spend money. I like some of the prospects that they have acquired but now there is talk about trading their one true star, Abreau.

You Can Call Me Al

The team that just won the World Series also won 101 games this season, and they started off the season with the 15th highest payroll in the league and were around $3,000,000 below the league average.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

The team that just won the World Series also won 101 games this season, and they started off the season with the 15th highest payroll in the league and were around $3,000,000 below the league average.
    And was better the last two months than the four previous months
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    White Sox played a game under .500 since the dump. Yes, they are awful
    Yes they are. They were 35 games behind the Cleveland Indians and 18 games behind the 2nd place team. They are a very weak team. They have two legit major league players on their roster and they are rumored to be on the trade block. Their payroll is the lowest or among the lowest in baseball. They have huge holes in the outfield, catcher, starting pitching and the relief corps. 3rd base is below average. Short-stop is below average. DH is way below average. Yeah, they are awful.

35 games behind the Cleveland Indians? Who are worse than the Houston Astros Dream on , Brett, Reinny will not spend any money. He wants to move to Vegas.

Do you know what the Dodgers payroll is?

Do you know what the Dodgers payroll is?
    I already answered that. Is your brain so addled that you forgot we already had this discussion yesterday? Just look at this page of the thread.

The Dodgers have a payroll that is 2-3x what the White Sox (and most other teams) have. They also have close to $100million of that payroll being paid to players who aren't on their team or didn't play this year. Some of those players were traded for younger talent.

Point being that the Dodgers aren't exactly a model for the Sox like the Astros and Cubs are, although they have done well drafting and developing players.

I already answered that. Is your brain so addled that you forgot we already had this discussion yesterday? Just look at this page of the thread.

The Dodgers have a payroll that is 2-3x what the White Sox (and most other teams) have. They also have close to $100million of that payroll being paid to players who aren't on their team or didn't play this year. Some of those players were traded for younger talent.

Point being that the Dodgers aren't exactly a model for the Sox like the Astros and Cubs are, although they have done well drafting and developing players.
    My brain is just fine, dipwad. My point just flew over your head like it does with Brett. The White SOx do not spend the necessary money to compete because these have a miserly owner. I never said that the White Sox should spend the money that the DOdgers have. But they should also not be at the bottom of the pay-roll ladder. All this has been in the last year is a pay-roll dump disguised as a rebuild by an organization that has shown that it cannot find regular line-up talent.

My brain is just fine, dipwad. My point just flew over your head like it does with Brett. The White SOx do not spend the necessary money to compete because these have a miserly owner. I never said that the White Sox should spend the money that the DOdgers have. But they should also not be at the bottom of the pay-roll ladder. All this has been in the last year is a pay-roll dump disguised as a rebuild by an organization that has shown that it cannot find regular line-up talent.
    It's not the point flew over my head, it's that the point is incredibly stupid. And you totally forgot we discussed this yesterday. It couldn't be more obvious.

The Sox haven't ever been at the bottom of the payroll ladder. That has been shown to you dozens of times, and you refuse to believe it even though it's fact. They will be this year because of the rebuild. But that doesn't fit with what they've done at any point in this century, and thus logic tells us it's an anomaly.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

You keep ignoring facts as it speaks against your ideology. You've been shown that the Sox spend, even this year mid pack with bottom attendance. You've been shown they play well as a team after the "dump."

You have no realistic plans that are different than what the club is doing to the approval of the fans.
    Hidden Content

It's not the point flew over my head, it's that the point is incredibly stupid. And you totally forgot we discussed this yesterday. It couldn't be more obvious.

The Sox haven't ever been at the bottom of the payroll ladder. That has been shown to you dozens of times, and you refuse to believe it even though it's fact. They will be this year because of the rebuild. But that doesn't fit with what they've done at any point in this century, and thus logic tells us it's an anomaly.
    Nope. You made a silly statement that implied that the Dodgers reduced payroll by getting rid of older veterans for youth. That is why I asked you if you had taken a look at the payroll that they still had.

Truth is that Reinny dumped a shitload of salary and has never spent consistent money to try and compete. Yet guys like you buy into this faux narrative of building through a youth movement. You and Brett like to trot out this nonsense about Reinny being good about spending money. He has not.Period. He's just a cheap ass owner and will likely try like hell to move to Vegas.

its been said over and over again the reiny problem has never been a spending thing. They spend. The Reiny problem is his loyalty which hurts his franchises. No one is accountable its very odd and you dont see this with other franchises

You Can Call Me Al

Again with this move the team to Vegas shit???

30. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast