2018 Starting Outfield

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
My brain is just fine, dipwad. My point just flew over your head like it does with Brett. The White SOx do not spend the necessary money to compete because these have a miserly owner. I never said that the White Sox should spend the money that the DOdgers have. But they should also not be at the bottom of the pay-roll ladder. All this has been in the last year is a pay-roll dump disguised as a rebuild by an organization that has shown that it cannot find regular line-up talent.

You keep ignoring facts as it speaks against your ideology. You've been shown that the Sox spend, even this year mid pack with bottom attendance. You've been shown they play well as a team after the "dump."

You have no realistic plans that are different than what the club is doing to the approval of the fans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not the point flew over my head, it's that the point is incredibly stupid. And you totally forgot we discussed this yesterday. It couldn't be more obvious.

The Sox haven't ever been at the bottom of the payroll ladder. That has been shown to you dozens of times, and you refuse to believe it even though it's fact. They will be this year because of the rebuild. But that doesn't fit with what they've done at any point in this century, and thus logic tells us it's an anomaly.

Nope. You made a silly statement that implied that the Dodgers reduced payroll by getting rid of older veterans for youth. That is why I asked you if you had taken a look at the payroll that they still had.

Truth is that Reinny dumped a shitload of salary and has never spent consistent money to try and compete. Yet guys like you buy into this faux narrative of building through a youth movement. You and Brett like to trot out this nonsense about Reinny being good about spending money. He has not.Period. He's just a cheap ass owner and will likely try like hell to move to Vegas.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
its been said over and over again the reiny problem has never been a spending thing. They spend. The Reiny problem is his loyalty which hurts his franchises. No one is accountable its very odd and you dont see this with other franchises

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again with this move the team to Vegas shit???

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nope. You made a silly statement that implied that the Dodgers reduced payroll by getting rid of older veterans for youth. That is why I asked you if you had taken a look at the payroll that they still had.

Truth is that Reinny dumped a shitload of salary and has never spent consistent money to try and compete. Yet guys like you buy into this faux narrative of building through a youth movement. You and Brett like to trot out this nonsense about Reinny being good about spending money. He has not.Period. He's just a cheap ass owner and will likely try like hell to move to Vegas.

The Dodgers have gotten rid of older high priced vets before because they have a huge budget and can absorb free agent mistakes.

It's not just me and Brett, it's everyone but you. We can all find out how much the Sox spend. I know you've seen this before:

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2016_payroll

The average over the last 15 years is about 12th. Never lower than 20th, as high as 4 in spending.

It's useless to try to reason with you because you are unreasonable.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Dodgers have gotten rid of older high priced vets before because they have a huge budget and can absorb free agent mistakes.

It's not just me and Brett, it's everyone but you. We can all find out how much the Sox spend. I know you've seen this before:

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2016_payroll

The average over the last 15 years is about 12th. Never lower than 20th, as high as 4 in spending.

It's useless to try to reason with you because you are unreasonable.

That is not enough for an owner as wealthy as Reinsdorf. As for you and Brett being in the mainstream of Sox fans, I find that humorous. The White Sox fans that I know aren't happy with the White Sox and their huge salary dump and shit product on the field. Your defense of Reinny is pitiful. He's already wrecked the Bulls and now he is in the process of wrecking the Sox. They right now are one of the worst teams in all of baseball and the so-called talent pool is a long long way away from becoming major league quality. It didn't have to happen this way. It really didn't. Now they sold off almost all of their once formidable pitching and created holes all over the place in their line-up.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Do you ever notice how really drunk people perseverate?

It's because the alcohol essentially stunts the brain, forcing it to get stuck.

That's like you with Reinsdorf. Arguing with someone who is perpetually about 15 drinks deep and comes back to the same incorrect point over and over.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
It's never been about spending for the Sox - it has been about commitment to an actual sustainable future with a healthy amount of prospects. They have finally turned that corner and there is a lot to be excited about.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you ever notice how really drunk people perseverate?

It's because the alcohol essentially stunts the brain, forcing it to get stuck.

That's like you with Reinsdorf. Arguing with someone who is perpetually about 15 drinks deep and comes back to the same incorrect point over and over.

Wow. 15 drinks deep? Amazing insight from a guy who hallucinates a lot about a team going nowhere. Until Reinsdorf leaves and sells the team, the Sox have no future.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's never been about spending for the Sox - it has been about commitment to an actual sustainable future with a healthy amount of prospects. They have finally turned that corner and there is a lot to be excited about.

They may have turned the corner and met a semi-trailer heading right at them. Name the White Sox future starting pitching staff, relief corps, and everyday line-up, please.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You keep ignoring facts as it speaks against your ideology.

That perfectly describes every single post of his on this board. It's so annoying and repetitive that I just ignore him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That perfectly describes every single post of his on this board. It's so annoying and repetitive that I just ignore him.

That isn't true. I talked about a Dodger pitcher tippng pitches. Talked about how great the 5th game of the series was. Talked about not trying to trade Abreau and what a great hitter he is. The thing is that there really isn't any good discussion on this board other than Rask. And anytime I or Rask questions the path that the Sox have embarked on, we get insulted because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I wish that there were more Sox fans on the board to share views with and talk real baseball with. Don't know what the answer is but I do not think that when people bring up anything that doesn't fit the Reinny and they get mocked for it it stifles intelligent conversation. I have been a White Sox fan pretty much since I was old enough to learn all about Luis Aparicio and AL Lopez. IF the military draft hadn't interfered with my baseball, I might have even been in the White Sox farm system having been looked at in Sarasota, Florida where they expressed interest in me. I wouldn't have made it because my fastball probably would have topped at at 90-91 as a projection. But I love baseball and would have loved that chance to experience pro competition.

I did have, as a pitching coach, though great satisfaction at developing young guys into talented pitchers and then following them in the collegiate and professional careers. That was my joy and I loved it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

BTW. When are you going to add something of interest to this board? Seriously. It is very easy to insult people like you do and call people "annoying" and such. But what do you have to offer? This board needs energy and things of interest. What do you have to add?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wow. 15 drinks deep? Amazing insight from a guy who hallucinates a lot about a team going nowhere. Until Reinsdorf leaves and sells the team, the Sox have no future.

I feel like 'hallucinating about a team going nowhere' would be more like advocating for just doing the same old thing they've been doing, which is what you apparently want.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They may have turned the corner and met a semi-trailer heading right at them. Name the White Sox future starting pitching staff, relief corps, and everyday line-up, please.

Has this not been done for you already at least once?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Has this not been done for you already at least once?

Not by him it hasn't. I am sure that he has his own ideas. Or is it your opinion that only you are capable of projecting the starting line-up for your 2018 Chicago White Sox? There are what, maybe six or seven posters in this forum. It is as dead here as it can be and I remember you bemoaning the lack of a moderator to ban me. Really weak shit, Brett.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not by him it hasn't. I am sure that he has his own ideas. Or is it your opinion that only you are capable of projecting the starting line-up for your 2018 Chicago White Sox? There are what, maybe six or seven posters in this forum. It is as dead here as it can be and I remember you bemoaning the lack of a moderator to ban me. Really weak shit, Brett.

2018? Who gives a fuck about 2018? They're going nowhere....another year of developing young kids and flipping the older players. Now, 2019....there's the year where a 25 man roster might be something of interest.

Kind of how a rebuild works....

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess my hope was to consider which OF prospects would potentially be brought up at the end of next season... getting looks going into 2019... Rutherford to AAA? Robert AAA? Jiminez AAA/MLB? Will Avi still be with us? Will Tillson/Engel/May/Delmonico be young pieces that develop?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
As someone else mentioned I prefer these kids to come up when ready not just for the sake of bringing them up. No one is in a hurry to win next year, well maybe one guy on this board, otherwise I think not rushing any prospects is the best move ATM.