2018 Starting Outfield

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So a friend of mine asked me today who I thought would be the starting outfielders at the END of the 2018 season. While I hope Jimenez and Robert have shot through the minors to join Avi, I’m not sure Robert will be there. That being said, who you got for September in the 7,8 & 9 positions?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Right now the only thing that seems certain is that Avisail will be our RF. Is a 20 year old Jimenez ready? The organization needs to be sure IMO, but I think he'll have a chance. It all depends on how well he handles AAA pitching. So I will say yes Jimemez is our LF. CF is not ready internally. So it's a mix of guys like Engel, May, Garcia, Tilson, etc. I think we stay pat and not look outside for this position and go with what we can muster up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason a talented young player like Robert can't surpass a bunch of trash.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Is Robert project to CF? I thought he was more of a corner guy.

I think Eloy will come up next summer after the deadline for accruing a major league year. So excited for him.

Robert is a ways off. Rutherford too.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Is Robert project to CF? I thought he was more of a corner guy.

I think Eloy will come up next summer after the deadline for accruing a major league year. So excited for him.

Robert is a ways off. Rutherford too.

Robert if he progresses through the minors should be our CF and don't count on seeing Eloy in the Bigs until 2019.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Robert is still an unknown, but yes he profiles better as a Corner Man IIRC.

Rutherford is the one that the White Sox need to prove that they can develop players. He's needed

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm not counting on Eloy next year, but would be stoked if he made it. He demolished AA in his games there last year.

I'm worried about Rutherford. He didn't show much.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Avi is the future "left fielder" and you got Jimenez Ropert fighting out CF/RF?

If the question is literally how do they finish the season? Well I would think one of them makes it in June, and the other is getting a look + experience in September. We finish

Avi-Jiminez-Ropert

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching that WS game last night was fun. An amazing display of hitting talent on both sides. It also buttressed my opinion this season that they messed with the baseball once again. Basically breaking pitches were unable to be thrown per normal. If you watched this game and the play-offs, pitchers have to go with fastballs and some change-ups because they cannot feel the ball well enough to put spin on a curve or a slider. Most everything is STRAIGHT and if you can throw 100 mph and be straight, you will get hit and hit hard.

Anyway, the game itself was great entertainment but as a pitching coach and former pitcher, it wasn't a great display of solid two way baseball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching how good the Dodgers and Astros are, it will take a long long time, if ever, for the White Sox to compete. Every bat in those two line-ups is a legit threat. Then we take a look at the White Sox. It is really depressing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah....we can rebuild all we fucking want, rebuild 100 times, but finding a

Correa/Springer/Altuve isn't a guarantee. Its a miracle. Or a Bryant/Rizzo/Arrieta. Papi/Ramirez/Pedro.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah....we can rebuild all we fucking want, rebuild 100 times, but finding a

Correa/Springer/Altuve isn't a guarantee. Its a miracle. Or a Bryant/Rizzo/Arrieta. Papi/Ramirez/Pedro.

Yeah and it is not just the Correa/Springer/Altuve. Their entire line-up can and will hurt you. That line-up has talent all through it. Amazing talent. And you can tell that their team really loves each other. At every position, except for 1B and maybe right field, the Astros have better talent by far than the White Sox have. And if they continue with the doctoring of the baseball like they have done, pitching will not be a prime requirement for a team.

Its not just the Stros but when I take a look at baseball and where the Sox are, they really have so much less talent going forward than at least ten teams in the league right now.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah and it is not just the Correa/Springer/Altuve. Their entire line-up can and will hurt you. That line-up has talent all through it. Amazing talent. And you can tell that their team really loves each other. At every position, except for 1B and maybe right field, the Astros have better talent by far than the White Sox have. And if they continue with the doctoring of the baseball like they have done, pitching will not be a prime requirement for a team.

Its not just the Stros but when I take a look at baseball and where the Sox are, they really have so much less talent going forward than at least ten teams in the league right now.
Skipping the tainted baseball comment.

How did these Astros do against the White Sox this year? How many more runs did the White Sox put up against them in 2017?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Skipping the tainted baseball comment.

How did these Astros do against the White Sox this year? How many more runs did the White Sox put up against them in 2017?

Funny stuff. Yeah, those White Sox sure deserve to be in the WOrld Series. Brett thinks that they are better than the Stros:)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Funny stuff. Yeah, those White Sox sure deserve to be in the WOrld Series. Brett thinks that they are better than the Stros:)

I never said such a thing. Just showing you a piece of evidence that tosses your statements made with Rask where they belong.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never said such a thing. Just showing you a piece of evidence that tosses your statements made with Rask where they belong.

COme-on Brett. YOu made a silly comment about the White Sox outscoring the Stros and I called you on it. Man up for a change. HOw dare I have an opinion that the White Sox have a huge way to go to having a line-up anywhere near the Stros and others, huh? YOu just do not want to hear anything on this board that questions your pollyanna vision of how well the White SOx are doing, eh?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wait the White Sox have a long way to go to be as good as the Astros?

That's pretty insightful. You should be a scout or maybe a manager.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Wait the White Sox have a long way to go to be as good as the Astros?

That's pretty insightful. You should be a scout or maybe a manager.

Also, how convenient for Cawksucker to forget that Houston tanked multiple seasons away (worst record in 2012 for example) in order to stockpile the amount of talent they currently have.