2018 Starting Outfield

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The point went over your head The Hawk. Again I might add.

The point is that the difference between a team like the Astros and the White Sox isn't as great as you make it out to be and once a team hits the playoffs anything can happen.

But hey, keep attacking the club. It's all you are good at. Accuracy? No, but consistent for sure.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The point went over your head The Hawk. Again I might add.

The point is that the difference between a team like the Astros and the White Sox isn't as great as you make it out to be and once a team hits the playoffs anything can happen.

But hey, keep attacking the club. It's all you are good at. Accuracy? No, but consistent for sure.

You really think that there isn't much difference between the Astros and the White Sox, eh? Hilarious. THe White Sox are a long way away from being even an average team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait the White Sox have a long way to go to be as good as the Astros?

That's pretty insightful. You should be a scout or maybe a manager.

Um, I'm closer to being a scout or a manager than the White Sox are from being a very good team. But you should maybe talk to Brett because he thinks that there isn't a big difference between the two teams:)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The White Sox are rebuilding their team in the same way the Cubs, Astros, and (to a lesser extent?? Help me out with this one brett or dennehy) the Dodgers. A young talented core of cost controlled everyday players. Now, I haven't seen anyone who has at all suggested that the Sox will have the same kind of success that that Astros and Cubs have had the last few years, but the mindset/plan is the correct way to go.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The White Sox are rebuilding their team in the same way the Cubs, Astros, and (to a lesser extent?? Help me out with this one brett or dennehy) the Dodgers. A young talented core of cost controlled everyday players. Now, I haven't seen anyone who has at all suggested that the Sox will have the same kind of success that that Astros and Cubs have had the last few years, but the mindset/plan is the correct way to go.

Yep. I think the Dodgers have an advantage because they were able to trade away that huge payroll of FA signings they had to help build the system, but overall I totally agree with you.

Sox are doing what they should do, obviously no guarantees but they are taking their best shot imo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Funny stuff. This just proves that Gus is equally stupid in all sports. Hey, Gus, go back to the football board and call me a coward some more. Leave these folks alone.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. I think the Dodgers have an advantage because they were able to trade away that huge payroll of FA signings they had to help build the system, but overall I totally agree with you.

Sox are doing what they should do, obviously no guarantees but they are taking their best shot imo.

Funny shit. Ever take a look at the Dodgers payroll? Get back to me after you checked. Then compare that payroll to the amount of salary that the Sox dumped this year. The Sox now have two good major league players on their entire 40 man roster. "They are taking their best shot"? Not with that idiot owner that they have they are not.

Also, Losing Buddy Bell is going to hurt. Great baseball man.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
White Sox played a game under .500 since the dump. Yes, they are awful

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Funny shit. Ever take a look at the Dodgers payroll? Get back to me after you checked. Then compare that payroll to the amount of salary that the Sox dumped this year. The Sox now have two good major league players on their entire 40 man roster. "They are taking their best shot"? Not with that idiot owner that they have they are not.

Also, Losing Buddy Bell is going to hurt. Great baseball man.

the Dodgers had the largest payroll in baseball this year, at $265mil, more than twice what the White Sox payroll has been for the last 5 years - some years close to 3x. Probably $100 million of that Dodgers payroll was paid to guys who don't play on the Dodgers anymore. Guys who they traded for younger players.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
the Dodgers had the largest payroll in baseball this year, at $265mil, more than twice what the White Sox payroll has been for the last 5 years - some years close to 3x. Probably $100 million of that Dodgers payroll was paid to guys who don't play on the Dodgers anymore. Guys who they traded for younger players.

$40 million dollars between Scott Kazmir (didn't pitch this year) and Adrian Gonzalez (71 games).

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah the Dodgers are in a different world from the Sox, and almost every other team, financially.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep. That is my point. It does take an owner spending some money to win. I just wish that the White Sox had an owner who allowed Hahn to have a chance to assemble a quality team. Look, I am not saying that they need to spend as much money as the Dodgers or Yankees do or other top teams. But Reinny refuses to spend money. I like some of the prospects that they have acquired but now there is talk about trading their one true star, Abreau.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The team that just won the World Series also won 101 games this season, and they started off the season with the 15th highest payroll in the league and were around $3,000,000 below the league average.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The team that just won the World Series also won 101 games this season, and they started off the season with the 15th highest payroll in the league and were around $3,000,000 below the league average.

And was better the last two months than the four previous months

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
White Sox played a game under .500 since the dump. Yes, they are awful

Yes they are. They were 35 games behind the Cleveland Indians and 18 games behind the 2nd place team. They are a very weak team. They have two legit major league players on their roster and they are rumored to be on the trade block. Their payroll is the lowest or among the lowest in baseball. They have huge holes in the outfield, catcher, starting pitching and the relief corps. 3rd base is below average. Short-stop is below average. DH is way below average. Yeah, they are awful.

35 games behind the Cleveland Indians? Who are worse than the Houston Astros:( Dream on , Brett, Reinny will not spend any money. He wants to move to Vegas.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Do you know what the Dodgers payroll is?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Do you know what the Dodgers payroll is?

I already answered that. Is your brain so addled that you forgot we already had this discussion yesterday? Just look at this page of the thread.

The Dodgers have a payroll that is 2-3x what the White Sox (and most other teams) have. They also have close to $100million of that payroll being paid to players who aren't on their team or didn't play this year. Some of those players were traded for younger talent.

Point being that the Dodgers aren't exactly a model for the Sox like the Astros and Cubs are, although they have done well drafting and developing players.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I already answered that. Is your brain so addled that you forgot we already had this discussion yesterday? Just look at this page of the thread.

The Dodgers have a payroll that is 2-3x what the White Sox (and most other teams) have. They also have close to $100million of that payroll being paid to players who aren't on their team or didn't play this year. Some of those players were traded for younger talent.

Point being that the Dodgers aren't exactly a model for the Sox like the Astros and Cubs are, although they have done well drafting and developing players.

My brain is just fine, dipwad. My point just flew over your head like it does with Brett. The White SOx do not spend the necessary money to compete because these have a miserly owner. I never said that the White Sox should spend the money that the DOdgers have. But they should also not be at the bottom of the pay-roll ladder. All this has been in the last year is a pay-roll dump disguised as a rebuild by an organization that has shown that it cannot find regular line-up talent.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My brain is just fine, dipwad. My point just flew over your head like it does with Brett. The White SOx do not spend the necessary money to compete because these have a miserly owner. I never said that the White Sox should spend the money that the DOdgers have. But they should also not be at the bottom of the pay-roll ladder. All this has been in the last year is a pay-roll dump disguised as a rebuild by an organization that has shown that it cannot find regular line-up talent.

It's not the point flew over my head, it's that the point is incredibly stupid. And you totally forgot we discussed this yesterday. It couldn't be more obvious.

The Sox haven't ever been at the bottom of the payroll ladder. That has been shown to you dozens of times, and you refuse to believe it even though it's fact. They will be this year because of the rebuild. But that doesn't fit with what they've done at any point in this century, and thus logic tells us it's an anomaly.