Time for Q to go

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After last years 1st rnd playoff exit and the way the team is looking now it's time for Q to be shown the door. McDonut will be calling for it. Bylsema is out there and so is Tippet. Hawks are not a play off team right now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"time to R-E-L-A-X..."

Aaron Rodgers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope he will be gone if he doesn't right this sinking ship. McGrinch has little patience with him after last years playoffs.

4 new defenders.

That last game was on Forsberg.

It will get righted. We have led in shots against most teams, and quality chances. I don't think the problem are wild, although some roster adjustments may be necessary. This team is still more than good enough to keep the season salvaged all the way to the trade deadline and then we will see.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope he will be gone if he doesn't right this sinking ship. McGrinch has little patience with him after last years playoffs.

200.gif

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4 new defenders.

That last game was on Forsberg.

It will get righted. We have led in shots against most teams, and quality chances. I don't think the problem are wild, although some roster adjustments may be necessary. This team is still more than good enough to keep the season salvaged all the way to the trade deadline and then we will see.

I call B.S. on this. Yeah, Forsberg was shit on a hotplate, but let's not forget that it took him being pulled for the skater core to decide to show up and actually do something.

However...

While I don't really think blame for the skid thus far this year is solely on Q's shoulders and Q's shoulders alone, he might be past his expiration date. Coaches are hired to be fired and I think the core could use a taskmaster coach who could manage their egos. I think it starts and ends there. Will Q be shown the door? Who knows, but right now the coaching staff is not wringing the best out of the skaters--much less the skater core who've been on autopilot since game 3.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It just seems its also a bitter part of scheduling and travel. We had a 3 in 4, then 1 game in a week. Went to Las Vegas. Went to Colorado at 6,000 feet on a back-to back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did already fire the warning shot. And they displayed there power over personnel to the extent Q had to storm out in a rage during the off-season at one point.

They probably should have sold the entire ice hogs team to Columbus before letting Panarin go, imo. Because Colombus didn't really want him. Maybe he plays out his contract and comes back to finally complete our top 6. Last year we were one player short of a top 6. This year its 2.

Wingels has real leadership. That is one thing I love to see. Toews is a quiet captain, Wingels has words and expression to go with courage and ethic.

I think they will get the defense right eventually and the team will follow. It looks like the talent is there, they need experience and finding the right combos. Q is the right guy for that job.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we put Kane on the other side? I just feel he is the most predictable unpredictable dude I have ever seen. Putting him on the other side might mix up some chaos where I think he plays his best anyway.

His greatest goal was from the left side. (Philly)

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did already fire the warning shot. And they displayed there power over personnel to the extent Q had to storm out in a rage during the off-season at one point.

They probably should have sold the entire ice hogs team to Columbus before letting Panarin go, imo. Because Colombus didn't really want him. Maybe he plays out his contract and comes back to finally complete our top 6. Last year we were one player short of a top 6. This year its 2.

Wingels has real leadership. That is one thing I love to see. Toews is a quiet captain, Wingels has words and expression to go with courage and ethic.

I think they will get the defense right eventually and the team will follow. It looks like the talent is there, they need experience and finding the right combos. Q is the right guy for that job.

Panarin has 1 goal so far. I agree it is a bit early to be freaking out much.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
For those of you that still believe the solution lies in blending the lines, you may be delusional.

Our D and PP are clearly subpar for a playoff team, let alone a SC contender. We don't have fixes in the current lineup, nor at the Rock, nor do we have cap space or other resources to plug our gaps.

It's been a great run, and we still have great players to entertain us, but IMO our SC window is closed and will stay closed for several years due to our personnel contracts and lack of any top-end or elite prospects.

I'm not mad, just a realist and recognizing the inevitable fall after 3 Cups is perfectly acceptable to me.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those of you that still believe the solution lies in blending the lines, you may be delusional.

Our D and PP are clearly subpar for a playoff team, let alone a SC contender. We don't have fixes in the current lineup, nor at the Rock, nor do we have cap space or other resources to plug our gaps.

It's been a great run, and we still have great players to entertain us, but IMO our SC window is closed and will stay closed for several years due to our personnel contracts and lack of any top-end or elite prospects.

I'm not mad, just a realist and recognizing the inevitable fall after 3 Cups is perfectly acceptable to me.

Mad, no. But even if Q was to be gone only a rank bandwaggoner would remember him in any way but fondly. He did the job and then some for 9 years or so.

The issue is with the core skaters. Hossa last year at 38 looked about how you'd expect a 1st ballot HoF player to possibly close out his career. Toews & Kane aren't even 30 yet and look older and slower than he did in 2016--which was probably his worst pro career year.

That's a problem. TKKS are all virtually immovable and were stuck with them through 2023. We can't even swap them out for just who don't need the upside of 15kV across the nipples to kickstart their hearts.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I call bullshit on this.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Panarin has 1 goal so far. I agree it is a bit early to be freaking out much.

But we currently have nobody who strikes fear in defenders or goalies with a shot like Panarin has. We have Bouma and Wingels who were both tough guys but get to chicago and everyone becomes a finesse player.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I call bullshit on this.

Care to elaborate?

I know you love to toy with lineups for the Hawks and Bulls, but I hate to tell you it doesn't matter because new/more personnel talent is required, we are not blending our way out of it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I call bullshit on this.

I dont call bullshit. There is a clear and present pissing contest between Q and the Bowmans. Q will not use the player that Bowmans got for an intended purpose and Bowmans are trying to define who is running the show.

In all honesty, Bowmans admitted guilt in pissing off or on Saad when his agent simply gave them 6/36 as a starting point. No negotiations to a bridge contract that might have worked at 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 where the dollars were actually the same and they get some relief while Hossa was still being paid.

Taking back sharp was for the fans.

I guess they felt Panarin is expecting to be at 8 or 10 next year. But instead they pay a guy like Anisimov who Bowman loved a 4.5 cap hit. Yes, AA is a nice player, good on the power play and net front presence, but getting those 200 feet to the net and not being outskated by his wingers is a problem.

Last year, no faith to let the D men develop, so they kept Soup who showed he was slow and done, then went back to Oduya who was slow and hurt.

That is what I always go back to. The big Sved covered really nicely for Keith when he hurt his knee. But after that, back in rockford.

Now they are already writing articles asking which veteran D man we are going to trade for? Who have they given up on, Murphy, Forsling, Franson, not Rutta I hope. These guys need this NHL experience and getting that betteran is not going to help any development. TVR gets dumped to Vegas while they protect Panik, Jurco and Hammer when they wanted the salary relief from Hammer anyway?

Then Q's buddy Kitch gets fired without Q's approval, but then the Bowmans bring in Ulf, Q's buddy to fill the role, even though Ulf is most probably seen by Q as his replacement.

We are talking about lines, while the ice is yellow from the pissing contest.

What is there to figure out. Keep the kids and you get cap space for now.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Murphy has been a disappointment for sure.

To me, the biggest difference in this team's ability to control puck possession and tempo is the blue line. During our Cup runs, we had the best overall top-4 defense me in the NHL. I feel like we went from #1 overall in that measurement to somewhere in the 20-25 range.

With this brutal Cap in place, i just can't see how we can properly reload our personnel through FA and trades given our limited resources.

I'm really not a Debby-downer type, but IMO the arrow is pointing South for the Hawks' foreseeable future.