Deshaun Watson Is Waaaayyyy Better Than Mitch Trubinsky

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
If the draft were held today despite the injury I would still pick Watson ahead of Trubs -- at least at this point -- because Watson has shown the ability to possibly be THE top quarterback in this league after Brady and Rogers.... and Trubs has really not shown anything.

That analysis of course could all change depending upon whether Trubs can turn it on and show something.... (fingers crossed)

I am not worried about Watson coming back from injury btw. This is one kid that you simply do not bet against.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the draft were held today despite the injury I would still pick Watson ahead of Trubs -- at least at this point -- because Watson has shown the ability to possibly be THE top quarterback in this league after Brady and Rogers.... and Trubs has really not shown anything.

That analysis of course could all change depending upon whether Trubs can turn it on and show something.... (fingers crossed)

I am not worried about Watson coming back from injury btw. This is one kid that you simply do not bet against.

So you would take a QB that uses the run as a big part of his game that has had a torn ACL in each knee already before Trubisky? I'm glad you're not calling the shots. He's probably not going to be ready until early next season and typically players aren't the same for two years after an ACL surgery At that point, he'll have to prove he can do the same things on the field going forward. The injury is a major setback. I was a Watson/Mahomes guy going into the draft last year. No way I'd take him over Mitch under the current circumstances...

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
So you would take a QB that uses the run as a big part of his game that has had a torn ACL in each knee already before Trubisky? I'm glad you're not calling the shots. He's probably not going to be ready until early next season and typically players aren't the same for two years after an ACL surgery At that point, he'll have to prove he can do the same things on the field going forward. The injury is a major setback. I was a Watson/Mahomes guy going into the draft last year. No way I'd take him over Mitch under the current circumstances...

I hear you. As I said, this would be ONLY if Trubs does not show more than what he has already shown. And remember, with Watson we are talking about a guy who clearly has the ability to be among the top 3 quarterbacks in the game. This year (before injury) there has been legitimate talk of him being the MVP of the league. Those type of guys you simply cannot pass up.

As for the injury... if anything, at every stage, Watson has shown himself to be a winner... somebody that always exceeds the odds... no reason to think he won't do the same with this injury.

Its sort of like what the Cowboys did with Jaylon Smith. Where injury is concerned, you take the chance on once in a generation type talent guys.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I hear you. But we are talking about a guy (Watson) who clearly has the ability to be among the top 3 quarterbacks in the game. This year (before injury) there has been legitimate talk of him being the MVP of the league. Those type of guys you simply cannot pass up.

As for the injury... if anything, at every stage, Watson has shown himself to be a winner... somebody that always exceeds the odds... no reason to think he won't do the same with this injury.

Its sort of like what the Cowboys did with Jaylon Smith. Where injury is concerned, you take the chance on once in a generation type talent guys.

Watson was never going t be top 3 in the league for one he may have a couple of good seasons probably not now though. But never top three
Smith is still recovering from his injury and even though being a ND fan I know he has the talent watching him I know he isn't the same
Once in a generation talents don't get hurt and if they do it won't slow there roll so I don't think your opinion of the has any real factual points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I hear you. As I said, this would be ONLY if Trubs does not show more than what he has already shown. And remember, with Watson we are talking about a guy who clearly has the ability to be among the top 3 quarterbacks in the game. This year (before injury) there has been legitimate talk of him being the MVP of the league. Those type of guys you simply cannot pass up.

Winner or not at some point he’s still human and may not have the physical characteristics for a prolonged NFL career. We’ll see how he bounces back.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
No, you don't fucking get that the bears have to resort to gimmick plays to throw td passes because they can't really on their qb to get a td offer game. I'm not saying for Mitch to do what Watson has done, I'm asking why it would be suddenly too much to match him in double the games. Then the excuses come flying in. Not to mention, cohen+O'Donnell have 2 tds. Mitch has 2 tds. And asking the qb to throw more tds than the punter and rb is suddenly too much.

Do you guys hear yourselves? I'm asking for average play out of the qb since you guys seem so intent on ripping Watson's injury despite the fact that the bears qb can't throw for a td a game or compete half his passes. His play is on par with c.j. Beathard right now, so until he shows consistency, maybe the mocking of Watson's injury is premature. Also, Savage should be able to step in and light it up in Houston because of the weapons around him.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm talkin about a corps of wide receivers and your talking about a rookie QB with 4 starts. You just either can't or won't get it. And that's fine. I have no problem with people being oblivious. It's just too bad that those same people push their ignorance on others like it's some sort of crusade. I'll just leave you to your jihad.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Right, because I'm asking for the impossible of Mitch. I forgot. 19 tds is somehow unattainable. I look at the remaining bears schedule and think he can actually do it if he progresses. But for some reason, you guys are already giving me excuses like you don't expect it to happen. Exactly, what numbers are you expecting mitch to finish with?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

That's just it. I don't really have number expectations for him. Especially because you can't always look at a box score and tell how well someone actually played. And with Miller down, one of his only weapons through the air. Yikes. I don't think we should focus on numbers with him. Just want to see him get better.

And as far as excuses? No one should have to make excuses for the kid. He's very green and needs time. The mistakes he's made, have likely been good for him in the long run.

I'm clearly looking at things differently than you are. Which is fine. I just think that if people are going to go "Mitch needs to start throwing X amount of TDs per game to CONVINCE ME that he's not a bust." then you're going about it all wrong. And you're likely just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

fuckin really? its been half a goddamn season... and hes a running qb with a bum knee. if he fully recovers, its still only a matter of time before Ds realize hes no threat when you take away his legs. hes was having a hell of season, but so have plenty of young athletic college qbs. plus he had o'brian calling plays and tweaking their O to resemble clemsons(and that shit wont fly in the nfl for long... again like plenty of Os tailored to young rookie qbs) and he has damn good receivers. probably some of the best a rookie qb has ever had to work with.

but whatever, u, and plenty of others, like him, thats one thing, but to suggest after half a season that he has shown anything or that trubs has shown nothing, regarding their long term careers, is fucking rediculous. let alone that watson could be the next brady. lol

anyway, just like before the draft, if we could have watson right now, before the injury, or keep trubs, im sticking with trubs. his skill set simply translates to the nfl better long term.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
But haven't you heard? He's not just a running QB. They have to have his games go 6 hours just so he can fit all his awesomeness in.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Helps having 2 WRs that run past safeties, get wide open, and make great plays on contested catches. But yea I'm sure he could totally do that with anyone off the street.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
fuckin really? its been half a goddamn season... and hes a running qb with a bum knee. if he fully recovers, its still only a matter of time before Ds realize hes no threat when you take away his legs. hes was having a hell of season, but so have plenty of young athletic college qbs. plus he had o'brian calling plays and tweaking their O to resemble clemsons(and that shit wont fly in the nfl for long... again like plenty of Os tailored to young rookie qbs) and he has damn good receivers. probably some of the best a rookie qb has ever had to work with.

but whatever, u, and plenty of others, like him, thats one thing, but to suggest after half a season that he has shown anything or that trubs has shown nothing, regarding their long term careers, is fucking rediculous. let alone that watson could be the next brady. lol

anyway, just like before the draft, if we could have watson right now, before the injury, or keep trubs, im sticking with trubs. his skill set simply translates to the nfl better long term.

Yes, dude, wake up! Take your bias glasses off for a second. He was leading the league in all type of passing statistics and reasonable minds were pegging the dude for possible MVP of the league THIS YEAR!

No reason to think that someone who had taken the league by storm like that in YEAR 1.... someone in the discussion for MVP.... could not possibly be (before injury) the best QB in the game ONE DAY in the future.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No reason to think that someone who had taken the league by storm like that in YEAR 1.... someone in the discussion for MVP.... could not possibly be (before injury) the best QB in the game ONE DAY in the future.

I can think of 2 reasons:

scars-of-old-person-legs-who-underwent-knee-replacement-operations-G0858D.jpg

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yes, dude, wake up! Take your bias glasses off for a second. He was leading the league in all type of passing statistics and reasonable minds were pegging the dude for possible MVP of the league THIS YEAR!

Change your jizz stained panties. He's a rookie. He got broken THIS YEAR! There will be plenty of time for whacking if you wait to see how it plays out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Did you actually check? 16th in yards, 19th in %. 5th in rating. 12th in sacks taken. 4th in TD vs INT differential. 16th in 1st downs. That's awesome stuff for a rookie and those big plays to Hopkins and Fuller help a lot but they are not MVP #s. He was a shoe in for rookie of the year.:beer: 6-8 game runs are not that uncommon in this league. It looked very promising but we need to see more.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Two repaired knees at age 22.
He’s done... career backup at best.
Hope he heals well and proves me wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know it happened in practice but since they are incorporating a lot of Clemson, you know he was running a lot in practice as well and it increased the likelihood of something like this, contact or not. It's perhaps too fine a point but I like QBs that try to stay at home most of the time. I have no problem with how Mitchell tries to protect himself and is conservative when he scrambles. Watson was/is definitely the better runner but it rarely lasts long for QBs in the NFL.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Texans were 4-3 to start the 2016 season, and they are 3-4 this season with Watson starting the last 6. It seems he has had minimal impact on the team itself. Mitch has had an impact as well and as much.
They were the highest scoring team with him and now can't score vs the friggin' Colts without him. If you think that's minimal impact, you may very well be Special person.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Texans were 4-3 to start the 2016 season, and they are 3-4 this season with Watson starting the last 6. It seems he has had minimal impact on the team itself. Mitch has had an impact as well and as much.

Really funny shit. You obviously didn't see the guy play:(

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Really funny shit. You obviously didn't see the guy play:(

Why is it so hard to grasp that he's a rookie? He could play really good and end up bad, he could play really bad and end up good, he could play good and end up good.

Glennon had 19 TDs and 8 interceptions his rookie year. ZOMG!!!!11 He's a great one!!!11 We must sign him for $18million dollarz!!!11

The way it's looking Watson could end up being good with a career cut short because of injury.