Report: Chicago Bulls one of ‘most likely’ destinations for Jahlil Okafor

Ron Burgundy

i.jpg

Jahlil Okafor made it clear that he wanted out of Philadelphia after the team declined to pickup his four-year option last week. The former No. 3 overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft and his relationship with the 76ers has been strained over the years. He's played in just one of the team's first nine games this season and isn't in their future plans. Following the news of his option not being picked up, Okafor revealed he wanted to be traded and he might get his wish. NBA Insider David Aldridge is reporting that if Okafor is moved this season, two teams have emerged as the likely destinations: Chicago and Atlanta. Here's what Aldridge wrote:
League sources indicate the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks are the most likely destinations for Okafor. But the Sixers are still holding out for at least a Draft pick, and could still opt to keep Okafor either as insurance against further injury to Embiid, or as a potential expiring contract to aggregate as the trade deadline nears.​
Both teams are in a full rebuild and trading away a draft pick probably isn't at the top of their lists for a full rebuild. Okafor will be available in the Summer if he can stick it out for at least another season. Taking a flier on a 21-year-old center might not be a bad idea for the Bulls but will they trade away a pick? Stay tuned.

More...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I like okafor but wouldn't trade a pick for him. Just wait for the end of the season and sign him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What kind of pick? I mean Okafor is not a bad player. Struggles on D. Plays on the block in a run and gun league, but you would be hard pressed to get someone of his talent or scoring ability with a late pick. I mean the Bulls shouldnt trade anything of big significance, but he is worth a try. He never wanted to be in Philly. Seems like a change of scenery and the work he needs to still do would be great in Chicago. He could be a young core piece if taught right. He didnt have a problem being coached at Duke.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What kind of pick? I mean Okafor is not a bad player. Struggles on D. Plays on the block in a run and gun league, but you would be hard pressed to get someone of his talent or scoring ability with a late pick. I mean the Bulls shouldnt trade anything of big significance, but he is worth a try. He never wanted to be in Philly. Seems like a change of scenery and the work he needs to still do would be great in Chicago. He could be a young core piece if taught right. He didnt have a problem being coached at Duke.

Dude average 17.5 PPG and 7 RPG as a rookie. He's very capable, just doesn't fit within the team. His D is an issue, but he's not a locker room cancer or anything. If 76ers are selling low, I think you take that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Niko for Okafor has to be one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'd rather not waste any time on Okafor.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Niko for Okafor has to be one of the worst trades in NBA history.

GalePayton likely has some strong words for you. One of them would be that you're something that starts with an 'r' and ends with a 't'.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GalePayton likely has some strong words for you. One of them would be that you're something that starts with an 'r' and ends with a 't'.

Since it is Gus........... "RODENT"?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

That's fine. I'll ride with my opinion on Jalil.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:

Why would I care?

I only point out actual racism, like what this site has shown by allowing Hawk (realgm mod) and grimson to spew their hate. The sad part is that they are both loved by the majority of posters here, as evidenced by their reputation bars.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why would I care?

I only point out actual racism, like what this site has shown by allowing Hawk (realgm mod) and grimson to spew their hate. The sad part is that they are both loved by the majority of posters here, as evidenced by their reputation bars.

If you think The Hawk is a mod on any other website, then you are a bigger fool than previously thought.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
First noel and now embid. This is like the timberwolves and trading point guards

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why would I care?

This idiot throws "racist" around like popcorn at a movie. All while he has shown only that he hates white people himself which is also true racism. The thing about idiots like this guy is that he and others like him only serve to divide people with their hate. And when there are real racists that are encountered, he has spewed so much hateful rhetoric that he and others just get tuned out. IN virtually all of his posts, he brings up racism. When a back person doesn't succeed at something, he cries that he failed because of racism. He is just a loser.

Also, I have no idea who this realgm person is. Must be one of his fantasy racists. Must be a white guy, right?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They should give them Niko and Portis.

But honestly, I don't want Okafor. Sucks on D, isn't a good rebounder for his size, etc.