My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Umm it seemed to me schwarber made some adjustments in the 2nd half and went the other way a lot more often. I remember a lot of opposite field jacks in the 2nd half. Im really not worried about Schwarbs, he has an incredible eye, incredible power, and has already shown an ability to make adjustments (2nd half last season). Schwarbs is gna be s monster. Trading Schwarbd now would be selling low and a huuuuuugggggge mistake.

Baez is the guy to trade...trading him would be selling high! He's the guy I think he is what he is. To me his problem is pitch recognition, when watching him he seems to be guessing at the plate. Pitch recognition seems like something that would be very hard to improve on. He has a decent floor value w his Defense and power, but I could see him regressjng if pitchers attack him appropriately.
He didnt make any adjustments, he just got lucky and had a few more hits. He still tried to pull everything, every at bat last year.

You say trading him is a huge mistake, then why is the general consensus in the baseball community that he has no value?

When Schwarber goes opposite field it's because he swings late and cant catch up with the velocity. Never on purpose

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didnt make any adjustments, he just got lucky and had a few more hits. He still tried to pull everything, every at bat last year.

You say trading him is a huge mistake, then why is the general consensus in the baseball community that he has no value?

When Schwarber goes opposite field it's because he swings late and cant catch up with the velocity. Never on purpose

You just answered your own question. Why trade him him now? He's worth far more than you'd ever get in return plus he's affordable. When the other shoe drops and some of these guys will be demanding huge contracts....having an affordable player will be an asset in itself, particularly if he turns it around and starts hitting. Personally, I don't give a flying fuck about his defense.....if he hits, it's a non-factor.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You just answered your own question. Why trade him him now? He's worth far more than you'd ever get in return plus he's affordable. When the other shoe drops and some of these guys will be demanding huge contracts....having an affordable player will be an asset in itself, particularly if he turns it around and starts hitting. Personally, I don't give a flying fuck about his defense.....if he hits, it's a non-factor.
Continuing with the Schwarber experiment just delays getting a real baseball player in LF

He is not hitting so he is a non-factor. Additionally, he is a seven inning player and a butcher on defense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Do you really believe that is the consensus in the baseball community?

Are you referring to writers and bloggers? Or actual Scouts and GM's?

Put Schwarber on the trade block and several GM's will be licking their chops.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Continuing with the Schwarber experiment just delays getting a real baseball player in LF

He is not hitting so he is a non-factor. Additionally, he is a seven inning player and a butcher on defense.

Double dipping there, chief.

He's poor on D, which makes him a 7 inning player. But it is not TWO separate issues. He's not a 7 inning player if he goes to the AL. Don't try to diminish his value further by criticizing one flaw as two.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Double dipping there, chief.

He's poor on D, which makes him a 7 inning player. But it is not TWO separate issues. He's not a 7 inning player if he goes to the AL. Don't try to diminish his value further by criticizing one flaw as two.
He's Adam Dunn

TL1961

Liked Posts:

So....when he is not hitting, that isn't BAD luck. But when he did hit, he just had GOOD luck? Ummmm....OK.

The guy missed an entire season, and came back in an offensive role he had never been in before. But he's now simply done? NO VALUE?

Why not wait and see what he does in 2018 before declaring him Joe Charboneau?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So....when he is not hitting, that isn't BAD luck. But when he did hit, he just had GOOD luck? Ummmm....OK.

The guy missed an entire season, and came back in an offensive role he had never been in before. But he's now simply done? NO VALUE?

Why not wait and see what he does in 2018 before declaring him Joe Charboneau?
Dont blame me because he plays like shit and refuses to do what any normal major leaguer would do. His arrogance and obstinance willguarentee himself a short career.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So, I didn't realize it until now but cots contracts has a luxury tax track on top of their normal salary stuffs which is nice cuz calculating that shit is annoying. They have the cubs at $65,009,524 under though that includes arb estimates for Grimm and Rondon who may be DFA'd and the money you tend to save some money toward in season moves.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So, I didn't realize it until now but cots contracts has a luxury tax track on top of their normal salary stuffs which is nice cuz calculating that shit is annoying. They have the cubs at $65,009,524 under though that includes arb estimates for Grimm and Rondon who may be DFA'd and the money you tend to save some money toward in season moves.

They have est arb cases also. They are expecting 9 mil on Bryant

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's Adam Dunn

I wish he was.

Adam Dunn in 10 yrs of NL baseball hit 354 Hrs and drove in 880 runs.

That's 35 and 88 per year, bad D and all....if Schwarber can duplicate those numbers, you won't be hearing much about his defense or his strike outs.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I wish he was.

Adam Dunn in 10 yrs of NL baseball hit 354 Hrs and drove in 880 runs.

That's 35 and 88 per year, bad D and all....if Schwarber can duplicate those numbers, you won't be hearing much about his defense or his strike outs.
And his .220 career BA and contender for most KOs in MLB history, along with shitty defense. I think Theo has higher standards than that for a corner oF

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That I've seen else where though so that wasn't that useful to me.

They seem pretty on with their info. I doubt Rondon is picked up. That pay roll is better serves elsewhere. They have him at 6 mil and if he is not the primary 8th inning guy that is about stupid.

Hendricks: 6 mil. Bargain.
Wilson: 4 mil. If he bounces back it is a cheap price. If not it is not over the top.
Rest are really over the top. Russell they have him at 3. Last season save a few mil for the Ricketts. Grimm at 2. Cut please.

They have payroll at 132,077 Shave off 8 mil from Grimm and Rondon puts it at 126 mil. $197M luxury tax threshold 71 mil that they can spend on the roster.

I'm figuring Cobb is a lock. Regardless of opinion I really don't see this not happening. I'm guessing a 8 mil start off with a increase to 12 mil year 2. Might go 4 years.

That absorbs the payroll cut. Back to 132 mil. Need 1 SP and a Closer. A set up would be ideal.

After this I would look at Addison Reed Age is the biggest argument for. 28/29 in ST. Honestly it is hard to argue against him here. Most he made was 7.7 mil and a equal deal that Cobb got honestly would be fair. start at 8 mil and go up.

Puts pay roll at 140 mil. Need a TOR and a lead off. Have 50 mil to work with.

Now the lead off issue. Cheap way is resign Jay. I'm not a fan honestly. I just don't like the platoon lead off thing in general. Cain is the only guy on the market and he is 32. So again not a huge fan of that investment. I see the Giants making that choice as they have done this in the past.

So this mabe the biggest issue going forward. I really don't see a clear answer here.

But regardless with 50 mil they would be looking at a primary lead off. Then a set up for Reed. Could go internal and let Maples take a rotation spot. Then a TOR.

A ballsy off season would be:

Yu 20 mil (highest paid 11 mil) upscales to 25 mil avg. Reed and Cobb both making the same. AVG 14 mil per. 2nd arm stay internal to keep costs down. Then trade for a lead off with resources. Just because you have to create playing time for him. Delino Deshields comes to mind and he maybe on the market. Choo is another. Not not a fan of his age/20 mil per tag.

But what ever. I'm just waiting for the the first chip to fall and honestly right now it really feels like Cobb and then Reed seems like the right fit for the 2nd player. Then they can focus on the 2 real issues in a lead off and a TOR righty.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So monday is when 40 man rosters need to be set for rule 5. Expect to see some low key moves over the next few days from teams.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I’m figuring any on the AFL will be protected. They are there for a reason. Rest are suspect

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I’m figuring any on the AFL will be protected. They are there for a reason. Rest are suspect

I think yes and no. Generally the AFL is a proving grounds of sorts. For example, I could see a case to be made for the cubs trading Bote for a similar 40 man type piece. 2B is the last thing the current MLB team needs and he's basically ready. It would make sense for the cubs to deal him for a LH reliever who can make the club. For example, someone to essentially replace Duensing would make sense. Currently the only LHP on the 40 man are Lester, Q, Monty, Wilson, Rob Zastryzny and Randy Rosario. Maybe Zastryzny takes Duensing's spot but would be nice to have a little more in AAA in case of ineffectiveness/injury.