My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Why would the Red Sox trade him for our Dave Kingman (without his plate discipline) clone?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Free Agent Rumors: Holland, Bruce, LoMo, Hosmer, Morrow, IchiroNovember 9th, 2017 at 4:22pm CST •*By*Steve Adams

Though*Greg Holland*turned down his $15MM player option and will also reject his $17.4MM qualifying offer, it’s not yet a foregone conclusion that his Denver days are in the past,*writes FanRag’s Jon Heyman. The*Rockies*“believe that Holland is the right leader” for their young pitching staff and will seek to re-sign him to a more lucrative multi-year offer, per Heyman. They will, of course, face a fair bit of competition in that pursuit. Heyman lists the*Cubs*and*Cardinals*as teams that will possibly be in the market for Holland this offseason as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why would the Red Sox trade him for our Dave Kingman (without his plate discipline) clone?

Maybe you need to look at who he is keeping off the field.

Theo keeps saying position player depth. Why would you replace the top guy at the position? Russels depth is Baez, and Russell would go first. Happ is Zobrists depth at second if Baez is at short.

Sorry, but this all sounds like panic to me. You have a core of players that are still the best players we might be able to get.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Too far in left field

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why zig when you can Zag

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He can play CF....

They trade Schwarbs Almora or Heyward for pitching, their going to need replacements

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He can play CF....

They trade Schwarbs Almora or Heyward for pitching, their going to need replacements

You missed the point. Why would the red sox give up Benedetti for Schwarber?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You missed the point. Why would the red sox give up Benedetti for Schwarber?
Who says they want Schwarber?

Article just says Epstein willing to ship players and Schwarber could be that guy...

Their not suggesting he shipped in that deal, just in a deal..

Which as i stated above..
If they use Schwarbs etc in a deal to get pitching then their gonna need to bring in a replacement ..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Who says they want Schwarber?

Article just says Epstein willing to ship players and Schwarber could be that guy...

Their not suggesting he shipped in that deal, just in a deal..

Which as i stated above..
If they use Schwarbs etc in a deal to get pitching then their gonna need to bring in a replacement ..

The article suggests a Bennedetti for Schwarber trade

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The article suggests a Bennedetti for Schwarber trade
Ummm. No it doesnt

Epstein has made it clear he'd be open to shipping one of his stud sluggers.*Many believe Kyle Schwarber could be the slugger to be on his way out, should a trade be made.

Their saying if he makes A TRADE....
Schwarber could be the guy on way out as the "stud slugger" he open to ship out

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
If this rumor has legs the Red Sox want power. So it would likely mean Schwarber and with Happ or Baez.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If this rumor has legs the Red Sox want power. So it would likely mean Schwarber and with Happ or Baez.

And those two would get them a ticket to the game. No chance Andrew goes for that. Andrew would need Rizzo to get the talks started.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Love it when rumor dedicated sites open a can of fluff. Maybe Kaplin can start writing for them too.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
And those two would get them a ticket to the game. No chance Andrew goes for that. Andrew would need Rizzo to get the talks started.

Not so sure, Benitendi only had a war that matched Baez. I actually think the Red Sox would have to send another top 20 prospect back to us.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Love it when rumor dedicated sites open a can of fluff. Maybe Kaplin can start writing for them too.

lmao-o.gif

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not so sure, Benitendi only had a war that matched Baez. I actually think the Red Sox would have to send another top 20 prospect back to us.

Top 20 on team to do Rizzo for Andrew or Baez for Andrew?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

C'mon. Rizzo for Benintendi is silly. In 776 PA we have no idea what he's going to be any more than we know what Schwarber is going to be after 764. In fact in almost identical PA Schwarber has a 112 wRC+ to Benintendi's 106 with almost identical wOBA of .336 and .333 respectively. Benintendi only produced .7 WAR more than Schwarber in 180 more PA in 2017. Rizzo is a proven veteran who dwarfs both players.. It's not even close to going to happen but a Benintendi/Schwarber swap would be nearly even despite what folks here might like to think.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

If we are trading Schwarber who has similar WAR and either Baez or Happ, then it is Boston who has to sweeten the pot (a top 20 prospect). Starting with Rizzo is downright nonsense.