Rip off the A

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But he also has no consistent D partner. It's bounced around, for now it seems when Franson plays it's him but when he is scratched it can be any of the 3 Rhd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But he also has no consistent D partner. It's bounced around, for now it seems when Franson plays it's him but when he is scratched it can be any of the 3 Rhd

That's the same tired excuse people used for Toews underperforming...sorry for being glib on the issue but it's more than just age or partners, he's like 2011 bad. Bad decisions, bad coverage, etc.

If Masshavoc is correct and he's trying to do too much, fine, he's gotta worry about himself 1st and foremost and let the rookies sink or swim--especially since Crawford is playing at a high level this year. But right now his cringeworthy play is leaking beyond his PP performance...it's leaking into his D coverage.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I agree in premise, but the G has still been carrying him since 2016.

I do think he needs to worry about his coverage 1st and let the other D-man sink or have Crawford bail them out.

But recently Goose has been the best D-man AINEC.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Agreed... and I'm not saying he hasn't lost a step, but when you are still as all world as he was, you can lose a couple of steps and still be an all-star... Goose been good for him, that's for sure, but I'm not just talking about covering for other D... I feel like a lot of the young guys just aren't helping well on D. They seem lost and gives up big opportunities. Sink or swim for the whole team I think... not to mention as much as I love Kane, who had gotten so much better in D the last few years, this year it feels like he's reverted to trying to cherry pick some to boost the offense because it's been so bad.

either way can we all just agree that the real fucking problem of this team yet again is that the power play eats a big bag of dicks.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's the same tired excuse people used for Toews underperforming...sorry for being glib on the issue but it's more than just age or partners, he's like 2011 bad. Bad decisions, bad coverage, etc.

If Masshavoc is correct and he's trying to do too much, fine, he's gotta worry about himself 1st and foremost and let the rookies sink or swim--especially since Crawford is playing at a high level this year. But right now his cringeworthy play is leaking beyond his PP performance...it's leaking into his D coverage.

He's like 2011 bad... like what I was going to say as well. Because Keith played with periods then Leddy and Dylan Olsen.

When he was always those 2 years trying to do too much and never consistent. Not until Oduya was traded for did he settle into better play with less pressure and steadily more with prime Seabrook.

In the last two years when vs top matchuod he still has Hammer and didn't need to do it all. He's really never been asked to be the top offensive and defensive dman since 2011.

And maybe he shouldn't try to be the top offensive dman anymore.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's like 2011 bad... like what I was going to say as well. Because Keith played with periods then Leddy and Dylan Olsen.

When he was always those 2 years trying to do too much and never consistent. Not until Oduya was traded for did he settle into better play with less pressure and steadily more with prime Seabrook.

In the last two years when vs top matchuod he still has Hammer and didn't need to do it all. He's really never been asked to be the top offensive and defensive dman since 2011.

And maybe he shouldn't try to be the top offensive dman anymore.

The flipside is Keith looked good with the bad Rosie.

Plus, in 2011 he made bonehead plays that were on him and him alone.

I agree he's trying to do too much, but still...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In positive news, Both Keith and Brent "The Refrigerator" Seabrook looked good last game. Hell, everyone did and it was the best team effort put forth since game 2 in Columbus.