Rip off the A

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I wonder if that Goon analogy of ripping off the A might be a shake up this team needs.

Seabrook has not been himself since he became the highest paid dman on this team. Honestly, I thought his game was dropping since before that contract. When they have to remember hits from the playoff series in detroit how many years ago, I think this is the first step before they just give up and deal him. Maybe it will wake up the rest of this team.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I wonder if another team will take him. He looks so slow out there now

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
5.8 million cap hit? I think they missed the boat on this one. Wished they dealt Seabs instead of Hammer. Even playing backhand and forcing the partner to play their off side is better than watching seabrook give pucks away.

I am just wondering if it would send enough of a message. Give the A to Kane?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
His contract has so much future negative value, we will have to throw in a pick and prospect and/or take back another albatross contract to move him.

We stuck. Gonna remain stuck, shitty, and boring for a few years. Fair price to pay for the period 2010-2015.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
We just have a roster that is pretty well stuck, so something changing has a better shot at happening than changing personnel. Would be a big trade though, probably need a top d man making big bucks to go down for an extended period. Seabs pretty much has to stay in the west since its too physical for him in the east.

https://leftwinglock.com/salary-cap/

Dont know if this is current or not, but plenty of teams have some dollars to spend to stay above the cap floor, which is pretty much why Florida took Campbells albatross deal back in the day. Just hope he does not pass too many more super hawks on games played before they pull a trigger.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seabs is 6.857M...not 5.8; that was his previous deal.

Plus, he has an NMC.

I think the only way he's leaving the club is retirement, or a compliance buyout.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Me and Bigfoot have taken to calling him Seabrookzival

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yesterday he shot a couple lasers at the net that we have not seen for a long time, but Forsling proved he is the next best defender we have now.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yesterday he shot a couple lasers at the net that we have not seen for a long time, but Forsling proved he is the next best defender we have now.
Next? He was out best defender last night when Keith bailed on the play like Runblad on goal #2.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Seabs had a better in 3rd pair minutes. Only a big Nash moment hasld him burned and that was from finally attacking the blue line.

So the Q-uestion is now will he possibly get games paired with the other often 3rd ice minutes d in Kepmny?

I doubt the lines will change for the next game but after that it could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Next? He was out best defender last night when Keith bailed on the play like Runblad on goal #2.

Its hard enough getting people to realize Seabrook is going down hill, let alone put Duncan (clear to the blue paint) Keith as well.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its hard enough getting people to realize Seabrook is going down hill, let alone put Duncan (clear to the blue paint) Keith as well.

There's a difference though.

Seabrook just looks old and slow, but while his mind is willing, his beefy old body isn't able.

Keith, on the other hand, looks like he doesn't know what's happening around him at any given time, much less where he is, what he's doing, and why though around him are pointing and laughing.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
There's a difference though.

Seabrook just looks old and slow, but while his mind is willing, his beefy old body isn't able.

Keith, on the other hand, looks like he doesn't know what's happening around him at any given time, much less where he is, what he's doing, and why though around him are pointing and laughing.
Agreed on Seabs, but for Keith, to me at least, it's not that he is lost our there or can't figure out what's going on, it's almost like he realizes how bad the Defense is and is very indecisive about what his role should be because he's so used to covering for everyone. So he has to decide if he's going to just do his job or try to cover the other players job and he's too slow in figuring it out so by the time he does he's usually stuck in between and it just makes him look foolish because he's trying to do too much. He should just focus on him, do his job and let the others go down in flames especially if that means they are going to lose the game anyway. Fastest way to get new players is to stop covering for the weak ones.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed on Seabs, but for Keith, to me at least, it's not that he is lost our there or can't figure out what's going on, it's almost like he realizes how bad the Defense is and is very indecisive about what his role should be because he's so used to covering for everyone. So he has to decide if he's going to just do his job or try to cover the other players job and he's too slow in figuring it out so by the time he does he's usually stuck in between and it just makes him look foolish because he's trying to do too much. He should just focus on him, do his job and let the others go down in flames especially if that means they are going to lose the game anyway. Fastest way to get new players is to stop covering for the weak ones.
I agree in premise, but the G has still been carrying him since 2016.

I do think he needs to worry about his coverage 1st and let the other D-man sink or have Crawford bail them out.

But recently Goose has been the best D-man AINEC.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk