Bears head coaching job will be coveted.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
For me, the bottom line is winning & improving with what he inherited. His setback season isn't entirely on him due to roster turnover/rebuild. I'm open to firing him for setbacks this year and the next. I would hope that his critics would be open to keeping him due to winning. But there are always critics who will never be flexible because they've already made their mind up that he's not going to be a SB coach regardless of improved records. They always use not winning a SB as justification...well, welcome to the other 31 teams that don't have Belichick & Brady.
But he's not winning. 6-10, 3-13, 3-5. You guys are assuming 8-8, which is not even winning.

I know this is Chicago and we aren't used to this, but we actually have a QB of the future now. We should be trying to get the best out of Trubisky. Nothing about Fox says he is the best for Trubisky. Throw in the fact that he hasn't actually won these 5 games you guys are giving him the rest of this season, it's a no brainer to get rid of him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was in response to a comment about how it was difficult for a coach to win with that much turnover. The Eagles are winning with that much turnover. 2015 Eagles included their 2015 draft class also. I wasn't comparing apples to oranges.

How do you still not see that this is still apples and range rovers. The Eagles didn't turn over the same amount of roster the Bears did. The Eagles also didn't have the NFL record high number of injuries the Bears sustained last season. People seem to conveniently forget that glaring detail. Hard to win with an injured squad now isn't it. Something that we are having to somewhat deal with all over again this season albeit not the the same degree. Despite all that there still is improvement being seen and to be seen.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox hasn't won anything.....he will still need 3 more wins just to get back to his first year with the Bears....

Fox isn't winning.......he certainly has been part of the team getting good on defense, but you also have to take in account the lack of offensive production as well. He is the head coach and responsible for what the team does.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
But he's not winning. 6-10, 3-13, 3-5. You guys are assuming 8-8, which is not even winning.

I know this is Chicago and we aren't used to this, but we actually have a QB of the future now. We should be trying to get the best out of Trubisky. Nothing about Fox says he is the best for Trubisky. Throw in the fact that he hasn't actually won these 5 games you guys are giving him the rest of this season, it's a no brainer to get rid of him.

C'mon, you know what we mean. Winning in respect to what he inherited. It doesn't happen in a year or two. This year isn't over. I'll wait until the end of the year to judge. I'm not giving him the wins.

Also, we don't know if Trubisky is "The Quarterback of the Future." I'm not inclined to make a coaching change solely on that blind premise. It's not a foregone conclusion.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
C'mon, you know what we mean. Winning in respect to what he inherited. It doesn't happen in a year or two. This year isn't over. I'll wait until the end of the year to judge. I'm not giving him the wins.

Also, we don't know if Trubisky is "The Quarterback of the Future." I'm not inclined to make a coaching change solely on that blind premise. It's not a foregone conclusion.
Trubisky was traded up for and taken with the 2nd pick. He's the QB for at least the next 2 1/2 years, and likely the best 4.5 years simply because of his draft status. That's the future. If he fails and Fox is still his head coach when all is said and done, everyone involved or thinks this can work will look like absolute idiots.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, fuck all of you that want Fox back. He's incompetent at best.

Go back a couple of pages and read where I said Fox sucks at challenges and timeouts. This time it actually cost a game. All aboard the fire Fox train.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would offer David Shaw 7 million a season and he can decide whether he wants to keep Pace as GM.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The top coaches aren't going to want to come here. Pace will have to find an assistant that fits what he's looking for and hope he can assemble a pro level staff.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace is only left with overpaying for a coach then telling him he will overpay for FA talent.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
My prediction is the Bears will hire Jason Garrett when Dallas lets him go on Black Monday. Bears are unlikely to want to go with some young gun coach. They will want predictability and someone they can control considering Garrett will be desperate for work and as a head coach nonetheless. It will be the same situation that happened with Fox believe it or not.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
IMO there are conditions to just how coveted the HC position will be. Does management saddle the incoming head coach with any staff from the existing regime? Does Ryan Pace meddle with Trubisky's usage? Does Ryan Pace fail to revamp the receiving corps?

Well.....the first part is easy to tell. I don't expect anyone to be retained. Should be no problem. But, clearly, the new coach will know if this is a condition.

The second and third? While I expect neither to be an issue ultimately, they both would occur after the coach would be here, so they won't factor into a coach's decision.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The top coaches aren't going to want to come here. Pace will have to find an assistant that fits what he's looking for and hope he can assemble a pro level staff.

Why?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would offer David Shaw 7 million a season and he can decide whether he wants to keep Pace as GM.

What if he doesn't.

A college coach gets to be GM, too?

I like Shaw, but I don't like coach as GM.

Or coach choosing the GM.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This may be the most incompetent post I have seen on this board in a while. I simply do not understand people who blame Fox for losing when we were in REBUILD mode. Rebuild mode isn't as concerned with winning now as it is with developing players and giving young and inexperienced guys an opportunity to grow within the game. The priority is to build a playoff caliber team for the future instead of the wining a handful of games at the sacrifice for long-term development. One is setting for mediocrity, the other is patient progress. The defense was a s**t hole when Fox inherited it and the offense was an aging and quickly declining unit. This team is primed to win in the very near future because of the efforts the coaching staff have put in to be patient with the process.

Complaining about a coach who helped build a playoff is silly. Considering where we have been the last decade we would be fortunate to be talking about losing the Superbowl and having the #1 or #2 seed locked up. It is unrealistic to expect the next coach to be Bill Belicheck and have the track record to back it up. Everyone other candidate you all mention doesn't have as a successful track record in the NFL so you all dream one up.

Reality is that John Fox will be the coach in the future. We will win 8+ games this year, Defense will continue to show dominance, and the offense will show signs of improvement. We very well could be in the playoff race at the end of the year, but I am not getting my hopes up as we are ahead of schedule if we do make it. Next year is the year to expect a playoff appearance.

This may be the most incompetent post I have seen on this board in a while.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The state of the Bears is probably not as important as you think in getting coaches to "covet" the HC position. The state of the Bears monarchy is more limiting.
And how much power is allowed the HC position. New HC candidates will want the opportunity and most likely believe in their skills enough to over come things.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The McCaskey Matriarch gonna be all like...

purse-652495.jpg

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Not sure this will be a coveted job now. This team is so bad that anyone taking the job will be in a very difficult position. Ryan Pace is also looking very very questionable at this point as well.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

If you were a promising NFL assistant that was getting offers from multiple teams, would you pick A: a team with an ownership and management that was well run and looking for a SB win or B: the Bears with an accountant running a shitshow owned by a 90+ year old woman who won't even allow cheerleaders and want all "her" players to be boy scouts that never misbehave, and all her many interfering obnoxious children?