Bears head coaching job will be coveted.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Here is an interesting question.

Say the Bears do get a new HC. Insert whatever favorite HC you want. Do you support him if he wants to go QB with the Bears 1st rnd pick? Or are you telling the new HC, this is your QB for the foreseeable future, deal with it.

I will never understand why Pace didn't can Fox last year, never!

I think a prerequisite of your next coaching hire is that they like Trubisky and feel they can develop him. If McDaniels or whoever came in and said I like the job but Mitch is a bust. Take Darnold at 5 and I'm in, I think you pass.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick was just on Waddle & Silvy. He reckons there's no contest between Giants and Bears for a new head coach.

Giants have...

- a stable organisation with respected owners
- an actual young talented roster (OBJ, Engram, Shepherd, Collins)
- most importantly a clean house with a new GM that will have plenty of time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How did that work out?

Irrelevant what happened. You said you couldn't figure out why Fox wasn't fired, well the obvious answer is the McCaskeys didn't want to eat that salary. Not saying I agree with the decision, but I doubt Pace had a choice.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick was just on Waddle & Silvy. He reckons there's no contest between Giants and Bears for a new head coach.

Giants have...

All comes down to the QB in my mind. If people like Trubisky the coaches will line up. And I'm placing big money on the Saints connection too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Irrelevant what happened. You said you couldn't figure out why Fox wasn't fired, well the obvious answer is the McCaskeys didn't want to eat that salary. Not saying I agree with the decision, but I doubt Pace had a choice.

So, Pace could blow 18 mil on Glennon, but not waste 7 on Fox?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The point is, if McCaskey forks over the money for that new HC, that is basically saying "I have faith in Pace to turn this around in a couple seasons." Say a new HC gets a 4 year 5M per deal (about normal for HCs). Do you think McCaskey would say OK to giving up on that after only one season...to basically pay 20M for a 1 year trial at HC (not to mention the $$$ paid out for all the assistants and the rest of the staff)???

A new HC guarantees Pace another couple seasons, unless the wheels fall completely off (yes...it can get worse!)

I think Pace gets 2 more years.

But some coaches will even look at that and say I can do better in Indy or NY.

Christ, some of them may look at this roster and not be super impressed with what Pace has done from a talent acquisition stand point.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think Pace gets 2 more years.

But some coaches will even look at that and say I can do better in Indy or NY.

Christ, some of them may look at this roster and not be super impressed with what Pace has done from a talent acquisition stand point.

In Indy??? Come in the intrigue of what a competent coach can do with trubisky has to be better than the mess in Indy.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In Indy??? Come in the intrigue of what a competent coach can do with trubisky has to be better than the mess in Indy.

The NY Giants job will be by far the most coveted in the league.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The NY Giants job will be by far the most coveted in the league.

I agree with that. I’m low on the Bears right now but I think it looks like a better spot than some. As much as some people hate it this franchise is not yet the browns.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I agree with that. I’m low on the Bears right now but I think it looks like a better spot than some. As much as some people hate it this franchise is not yet the browns.

Not yet. Get the next coach hire wrong and have to clean house again and we will be in full on Browns territory minus Myles Garrett.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just blow it all up and give Jim Harbaugh the keys. He might just be the right kind of bat shit crazy to make this franchise relevant. You need an alpha dog who will put the McCaskeys in their place and Pace is not that.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:

Giants have...

He's also campaigning for a GM job himself. He interviewed for the 49ers GM position last year and was passed over. He's probably just wanting a shot at the now vacant Gianta GM position.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why, exactly? I mean why would that be a requisite for the job? Honest question.

Some want to continue the Trestman Coaching Tree.

On a side note, and not to hijack, but Mel Tucker is on Phil Fulmer’s short list at TN. ��