IGT - 11/15 Rags @ Hocks

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine you useless sea slugs, I'' make the damn IGT.

[h=1]Rangers visit Blackhawks, seek seventh straight win[/h] [h=2] New York Rangers [/h] 9-7-2

7:00 PM CT
NBCSN
Line: CHI -130

[h=2] Chicago Blackhawks [/h] 8-8-2

1:43 AM CT
  • STATS LLC

CHICAGO -- The New York Rangers will try to extend their six-game winning streak when they visit the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night at the United Center.
New York (9-7-2) has outscored opponents 26-16 during its streak, which has included two overtime wins on the road and four regulation wins on home ice. A dynamic offensive attack has powered the Rangers, who have scored at least four goals in seven of their past eight contests.
As the Rangers surge, Chicago (8-8-2) is looking to break out of a slump. The Blackhawks have lost three of their past four games and squandered a three-goal lead in their most recent contest.
Chicago goaltender Corey Crawford will look to bounce back after allowing six goals in two periods Sunday night against the New Jersey Devils. He was replaced by Anton Forsberg in the third period.
Crawford is 7-7-0 with a 2.21 goals-against average and .932 save percentage on the season. In six career games against the Rangers, he is 2-3-1 with a 2.37 GAA and .921 save percentage.
New York goaltender Henrik Lundqvist is likely to start opposite Crawford. The 35-year-old has posted an 8-4-2 record with a 2.92 GAA and .905 save percentage this season. In 10 career games against Chicago, he is 6-2-2 with a 2.19 GAA
The Rangers are led in scoring by Mika Zibanejad and Pavel Buchnevich, who have eight goals apiece. Zibanejad is in a five-game scoring drought, while Buchnevich has scored in three straight.
Yet the Rangers' consistency away from the puck has prompted the hot streak, players say.
"Our speed is our strength, but we can only use that when we play well without the puck in our own zone," Rangers right winger Rick Nash told the New York Post. "We've been OK since we realized that we needed to keep it simple and follow the plan. That's something we need to continue to reinforce."
Chicago is led in scoring by Brandon Said, who has seven goals. Patrick Kane, Alex DeBrincat and Artem Anisimov have six goals apiece. Several other players including Ryan Hartman have been mired in recent slumps.
Hartman hopes to return to the lineup against the Rangers after sitting out the previous game as a healthy scratch. He has four goals and six assists this season but has one goal in his past 10 games.
"Any time your team's struggling, I think everyone kind of grips the stick too hard," Hartman told the Chicago Sun-Times. "Everyone's trying to produce when teams aren't producing.
"My game's always been playing the corners, play hard and the goals and points will come, so maybe I was thinking a little too much offensively and not enough about playing hard in the corners and taking the body and stuff like that. I'm looking to bring that when I come back."
This marks the first of two meetings during the regular season. The Blackhawks will travel to Madison Square Garden on Jan. 3 to complete the series.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who am I kidding, just don't get embarrassed again.

Hehe, yes please.

Remember back in the day.... they could be down be 3 goals going into the third and thinking "they got'em right where they want 'em". And then they'd get 4 goals.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hocks need a shake up

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Anisimov skated with some purpose, Seabrook was shooting lasers at the net, welcome back Hartman but Hayes still got us lol.

Lets hope they can maintain this.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crawford Meh. on the 3rd goal, other two Quint...er...Keith caused and Richmond...er...Rutta caused. Ani played with a purpose...same with El Gato.

Glad Toews got the coffin nail, Kane can show up any time he feels like it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seabrook still looked like a dunce on defense...

Seabs and Keith seem to get ragdolled these days.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still think that this team will get it together. They lost a lot of glue before this season and I thought that it will take time to reconstitute this team. I trust that Q will figure it all out by the half way point of the season.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It all went to shit without the Hoss...

giphy.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is Hoss still in limbo.... I know they wanted him shut down for this year, but has he announced he is 100% done, not coming back even after this year?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Hoss still in limbo.... I know they wanted him shut down for this year, but has he announced he is 100% done, not coming back even after this year?

I haven't heard that, haven't really much of anything about him. Anyone know if he is even still in the US?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I haven't heard that, haven't really much of anything about him. Anyone know if he is even still in the US?

Honestly, I will be a bit heartbroken if we never see him play for the Hawks again.

I know it might be unlikely, but I have this hope that the Hawks make a surge into the playoffs and Hossa rejoins them for the playoffs.... maybe last couple weeks of the season to get in playing shape.

Then we win another cup with Hossa and he retires raising a cup.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I will be a bit heartbroken if we never see him play for the Hawks again.

I know it might be unlikely, but I have this hope that the Hawks make a surge into the playoffs and Hossa rejoins them for the playoffs.... maybe last couple weeks of the season to get in playing shape.

He deserves to play again if only to give him a proper sendoff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that was a big win. NY on a roll and they stomped them. Yeah the team is still disjointed but the nucleus is still very good. They probably are a mid level NHL playoff team buts that is okay. I think that they just might make a run this year if Crawford gets hot and I think that next year they will be elite once again.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Me too. And I'd love to see him make a big comeback.

He deserves to play again if only to give him a proper sendoff.

That's what sucks most of all, he didn't get any kind of retirement sendoff deserving of a hall of famer.