OT-Thanksgiving

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
A little early maybe, but what are your plans for turkey day? I haven’t fried a bird for years and I’m leaning in that direction. Ive smoked them, baked, brined, injected, and, of course, fried them. Be interested in hearing what your favorites are.
And, if anyone is planning on frying, found Louana 100% peanut oil at jewel last night marked down to $29.99. Haven’t seen it that low in years.
I mean, Thanksgiving is a football topic, right??

supra8795

Liked Posts:
A little early maybe, but what are your plans for turkey day? I haven’t fried a bird for years and I’m leaning in that direction. Ive smoked them, baked, brined, injected, and, of course, fried them. Be interested in hearing what your favorites are.
And, if anyone is planning on frying, found Louana 100% peanut oil at jewel last night marked down to $29.99. Haven’t seen it that low in years.
I mean, Thanksgiving is a football topic, right?��

Deep fried turkey is the best IMO.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like the smoked turkey. The good smokey flavor comes alive when I make stock from the carcass.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If I smoke one, I finish it in the oven to crisp the skin. What do you do?

I do the same. The first time around I didn't, and the skin was like biting through rubber. Never making that mistake again.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have had turkey many different ways......my wife cooks it upside down in an oven bag in chicken broth, garlic, butter, celery, carrots with Thyme and olive oil on it....

so good.

then you make the mashed potatoes and stuffing with the drippings from the oven bag....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Doing a duck this year because we're only going to have four people eating. Four hours slow roasted with a lacquer of soy sauce, chili sauce, and honey. Gonna let the duck sit out uncovered in the fridge for a couple days to dry the skin out, making it crispy. Perhaps will use some salt to pull the moisture out as well. Then duck fat potatoes.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have family visiting this year and my cousin is bringing his smoker along. I’ll be starting a brine on Wednesday morning and we’ll start smoking it sometime Thursday morning.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This year I have so many different things to be thankful for and people to be thankful with so I will be needing extra space because we won't have enough room inside of my mom's house and it will probably be too cold outside to get a tent even if we get all of everyone's space heaters together and wear longjohns so this year I am thinking about renting the biggest truck from Ryder or uhaul and having our Turkey day inside of that because I can literally pull the truck right besides my mom's house because her neighbors got evicted from the lot next to hers and they owned their home so now it's like she has an extra side yard until the next person comes along in a couple weeks. I'm having my room-mate and his girlfriend and her parents, my mom, her boyfriend, his boys and his brother and his brothers ex-wife, and probably some friends from my pizza jobs and also hopefully the girl from the apartment upstairs from mine who said she never has been to a thanksgiving because she is from a south American country that doesn't celebrate it. Of course also my dad always has an open invite as well but that never happens but if it does hopefully he knows we're all eating in a moving truck next to mom's house!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Pasta at Carmine’s on Paradise Island. Hoping for some turkey, but doubt the Bahamians care about our holiday traditions.
I’ll deep fry up a turkey when we get back.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you don't overnight brine your turkey, you should be flogged in the village square.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This year I have so many different things to be thankful for and people to be thankful with so I will be needing extra space because we won't have enough room inside of my mom's house and it will probably be too cold outside to get a tent even if we get all of everyone's space heaters together and wear longjohns so this year I am thinking about renting the biggest truck from Ryder or uhaul and having our Turkey day inside of that because I can literally pull the truck right besides my mom's house because her neighbors got evicted from the lot next to hers and they owned their home so now it's like she has an extra side yard until the next person comes along in a couple weeks. I'm having my room-mate and his girlfriend and her parents, my mom, her boyfriend, his boys and his brother and his brothers ex-wife, and probably some friends from my pizza jobs and also hopefully the girl from the apartment upstairs from mine who said she never has been to a thanksgiving because she is from a south American country that doesn't celebrate it. Of course also my dad always has an open invite as well but that never happens but if it does hopefully he knows we're all eating in a moving truck next to mom's house!

I would literally kill for an invite to this.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wine... lots of wine... and turkey.

I’ll second this, but my drink will be whiskey. I’m having my cousin bring me a bottle of IL distilled whiskey and I’m going to trade him a bottle of CO distilled whiskey. Hopefully by game time I’ll be hammered enough that I won’t care how bad the team plays...