What are you expectations for trubisky next season?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I like what I see from trubisky and I'm very excited to see what he can do when the bears get some weapons next year (I am hoping the bears have a good offseason), but I think next year he needs to put together a season similar to what goff and wentz are having this year. There are no 3-4 year projects anymore in the NFL. I think pace is probably back and gets to pick a coach because trubisky is a promising player. If Trubs has a season similar to this one where he shows flashes but isn't winning games and still making mistakes, would you be ready to move on from him season 3? I think pace would be fired if the bears suck again and a new gm shouldn't be committed to the other guys qb.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Next season? How about we worry about this season first.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There is nothing to worry about. The bears suck. I think this is a huge preseason for trubs. Make all the mistakes you want this season. Be ready next season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is John Fox the coach?

If he is I don't expect much. More conservative play calls and more "afraid to make a mistake" sacks.

Does Ryan Pace get real WRs in here?

If he brings in more White, Royal, Wheatons then I expect very little to happen for Trubisky.

Is Kyle Long healthy?

2017 he has been beat to hell and 1/2 of what he is.

Is the OL improved and fortified?

They just aren't good enough right now. Way too much quick pressure.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The way things going now around 1200 yards passing 500 yards rushing and 5 tds 3 int 6 fumbles and a million excuses by dumb ass fans

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
100 TDs 11 INT..... all 11 INT will be against the Packers, cause somehow the Bears can't not shit their pants against the Pack.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I've learned from message boards is that without a 20 TD season, he'll be labeled a "game manager" and the pitchforks & torches will ensue. My guess is this will be a reality by the final games of next year. Doubt I'm wrong.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Somewhere between Goff and Wentz.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I've learned from message boards is that without a 20 TD season, he'll be labeled a "game manager" and the pitchforks & torches will ensue. My guess is this will be a reality by the final games of next year. Doubt I'm wrong.

20 TDs is a game manager.

Christ, good QBs chuck that in 10 games, not 16.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Is John Fox the coach?

If he is I don't expect much. More conservative play calls and more "afraid to make a mistake" sacks.

Does Ryan Pace get real WRs in here?

If he brings in more White, Royal, Wheatons then I expect very little to happen for Trubisky.

Is Kyle Long healthy?

2017 he has been beat to hell and 1/2 of what he is.

Is the OL improved and fortified?

They just aren't good enough right now. Way too much quick pressure.

Gonna have to prioritize offense in the draft and free agency. 16.7 points a game is pathetic. But there are still people who want the Bears to draft defense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like what I see from trubisky and I'm very excited to see what he can do when the bears get some weapons next year (I am hoping the bears have a good offseason), but I think next year he needs to put together a season similar to what goff and wentz are having this year. There are no 3-4 year projects anymore in the NFL. I think pace is probably back and gets to pick a coach because trubisky is a promising player. If Trubs has a season similar to this one where he shows flashes but isn't winning games and still making mistakes, would you be ready to move on from him season 3? I think pace would be fired if the bears suck again and a new gm shouldn't be committed to the other guys qb.
Pretty good post, except you don't move on from him after season 2 if the progression is not there yet. He was raw to begin with and for what we gave up to get him at #2, you ride it out longer

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect the instant gratification types to finally get their cookie and then say they knew it all along.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I expect a new staff and WRs and G and RT. Then I expect it will take 16 games in a new system to get accumulated. I think Trubs is the most talented QB drafted in the last 5+ years but also the least NFL ready. Year 3 is when I'll have great expectations. I just expect him to get a little better each week till then. I'm in no hurry.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Complete grasp & command of the offense. 3:1 or better touchdown to int ratio. Top half of the league qbr.

In 2019 I expect top 10 numbers and his first playoff appearance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It's way to early to talk about what Trubs will be next season without knowing who his coaches will be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I expect a new staff and WRs and G and RT. Then I expect it will take 16 games in a new system to get accumulated. I think Trubs is the most talented QB drafted in the last 5+ years but also the least NFL ready. Year 3 is when I'll have great expectations. I just expect him to get a little better each week till then. I'm in no hurry.

He looks way better than Goff did in a similar situation last season.

If all the changes you mention are made I cannot see why we shouldn't expect a similar growth.

But those are lots of changes. The Rams hit on all of their changes, we would have to do te same.