We knew it could be a frustrating season

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This is an example of a frustrating loss that could have been a win. Atlanta, Minnesota, Green Bay, New Orleans, Detroit, five games that with better coaching or one or two better players and it's a win instead of a loss.

Yeah there are no more morale victories, and there is no room for error. It's a mess it's fun for 60 minutes and a miserable week and an even more miserable offseason.

There are spurts and moments as Fox said but it hasn't been consistent enough.

Trubisky is going to be good, he's already good for a rookie. Shaheen is going to be good, it's just tough to swallow.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Totally agree.

The silver lining is just what you hit on, talent that is starting to emerge and, if properly coached, can take the next step next season. I would like to think that we could be the LA Rams of 2018... Goff didn't even look close to how Biscuit is currently. Can't wait to see MT after going through a training camp with, hopefully, more weapons next season.

I am concerned about some of the injuries from today though...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Silver lining? I feel like there's been a dark cloud over this franchise for years. God does not want the Bears to prosper. He sends plagues of injuries and locusts and disastrous hiring decisions on us every year just so that the Bears continue to be a national embarrassment

Liked Posts:
Had the Bears hired a new coaching staff after last season, on top of drafting a new QB, this year wouldn't be frustrating to me at all. It would just be the status quo for going through the early growing pains of attempting to start a new era. But unfortunately Fox is still the HC when he should have been fired after last season. Why would anyone want Fox overseeing a new QB? Fox has never developed a QB worth talking about, has been overrated his whole career, & is today's version of Jeff Fisher & he should meet the same fate as Jeff Fisher in season too. By keeping Fox they pissed away a chance at a full year of progress into a new era with a different coach with Trubisky under center, & the struggles that would have come with that change wouldn't have frustrated me at all.

What frustrates me is that John Fox is just another shining example of how the Bears ownership & front office is always a day late & a dollar short with the moves they should make but never do because they are chickenshit owners & now we have a young inexperienced QB who's just going to have to go back to square 1 next year because the cowardly FO had to piss away a full year with John Fox.

Part of the problem with this franchise is that when positions on the roster need upgrades like QB, it seems as though they believe that all they need to do is address the position & it will hash itself out. When they need to address the situations around the positions of need also. Like when they have a new QB, hey should look to hire an up and coming NFL asst. coach to the HC position, not a CFL coach, but an NFL coach, who has proven he can develop a young QB in the NFL & build/strategize around that QB. The Bears don't do this well, if at all, & when they do they go out of their way to make the dumbest ass move they can like hiring Mark Trestman when Arians was all but begging for the job.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This has been an interesting season indeed.

Week 1 vs. ATL- blown coverage leads to 88-yard TD. Dropped pass at/near goalline to potentially win the game with the PAT.
Week 5 vs. MIN- blown coverage leads to TD. Multiple injuries at ILB forces an inexperienced guy to call the defense and he didn't get them ready in time, leading to TD. Late INT in a tie game by a rookie in his first game.
Week 8 vs. NO- terrible call by officials takes away points, when the game would have tied late
Week 10 vs. GB- bad challenge by Fox (I think it was a bad call by officials too) takes away 7 points in a game decided by 7 points.
Week 11 vs. DET- makeable game-tying FG missed to send the game into OT.

That's really close to this team having a chance to be 8-2 right now. Of course, they would have had to win the last 4 of those games in OT.

Of course on the flip side, the Bears have won 2 games in OT and a 3rd where they scored 3 offensive points, so with even more terrible luck they could be 0-10.

Honestly, this team is about where it should be based on talent, coaching, and luck. Would like to think 1 more draft (and 4 of the 5 picks contributed positively today) and a legitimate coaching staff would mean more luck and this team can take a big step forward.

Reactions: 1ke

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Another silver lining.... No more Jay Cutler. 3 Effing picks in one quarter before he was knocked out of the game.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Had the Bears hired a new coaching staff after last season, on top of drafting a new QB, this year wouldn't be frustrating to me at all. It would just be the status quo for going through the early growing pains of attempting to start a new era. But unfortunately Fox is still the HC when he should have been fired after last season. Why would anyone want Fox overseeing a new QB? Fox has never developed a QB worth talking about, has been overrated his whole career, & is today's version of Jeff Fisher & he should meet the same fate as Jeff Fisher in season too. By keeping Fox they pissed away a chance at a full year of progress into a new era with a different coach with Trubisky under center, & the struggles that would have come with that change wouldn't have frustrated me at all.

What frustrates me is that John Fox is just another shining example of how the Bears ownership & front office is always a day late & a dollar short with the moves they should make but never do because they are chickenshit owners & now we have a young inexperienced QB who's just going to have to go back to square 1 next year because the cowardly FO had to piss away a full year with John Fox.

Part of the problem with this franchise is that when positions on the roster need upgrades like QB, it seems as though they believe that all they need to do is address the position & it will hash itself out. When they need to address the situations around the positions of need also. Like when they have a new QB, hey should look to hire an up and coming NFL asst. coach to the HC position, not a CFL coach, but an NFL coach, who has proven he can develop a young QB in the NFL & build/strategize around that QB. The Bears don't do this well, if at all, & when they do they go out of their way to make the dumbest ass move they can like hiring Mark Trestman when Arians was all but begging for the job.

I wonder if Arians is out in Arizona after this year?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only thing that would make this season really frustrating is if John Fox someone had survived.

I think more than anything his coaching has been exposed this season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Silver lining is that Fox will soon be gone.

Besides a successful youth movement, this was my only other hope. Was afraid the bears would have some bullshit fluke season and somehow get 10 wins and then get stuck with the dipshit as coach for another 2 years. Just one more nail in his coffin.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
We have the Niners and the Browns at home on the remaining part of the schedule, if we manage to lose both, or if we end up going 0-6 for the remainder of the season, I do not see how Fox keeps his Job.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The only thing that would make this season really frustrating is if John Fox someone had survived.

I think more than anything his coaching has been exposed this season.

Things are still going in a positive direction. Players are getting better, Trubisky is getting better Shaheen is getting better etc. All that needs to happen next is winning football games. Since the Bears are competitive they'll start winning games WITHOUT John,Fox.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

Definitely worthy of consideration. I like the idea of the Bears fixing their mistake.

But his offense is very different from what most teams do currently though I believe.

Pretty sure its a ton of high risk high reward stuff (like Mike Martz) that can lead to your QB getting drilled a ton.

Not my first choice I guess, but the Bears could do a whole lot worse than Bruce Arians

Washington

Liked Posts:
Same old shit for say 45 of the 55 years I've been a Bears fan. Very sad indeed but it is SOP and expected of this organization.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with the silver lining sentiment personally. I don't think they're far off. The coaching and lack of imagination really stood out now than I could have imagined.

Talent wise though, I don't think they're as far off as others think. I also am fully aware of the dross the rest of the league offers.

Lastly, isn't this what most of us expected? I think they'll finish with 5 wins. 2 wins off my lofty expectations of 7. When the season started, we knew. Now it's playing out. Fox will be fired, but it's gotta play out.

And in reality, the season other than White getting hurt again, and Flo getting hurt yesterday, has gone according to plan, with the bonus of Fox getting personally his nails ready for his coffin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:

Not really sure. I would hope not though. Other than this year he done pretty well through nagging off & on injuries to Palmer. I think the Cards should allow him to draft & develop his own blue chip QB. I do think Arians was doing the usual draft limbo by pointing out Trubiskys lack of experience in hopes that he'd drop on opponents boards.

The whole Arians thing was really just an example of my point for when the Trestman hire had occurred. Even if it is warranted for Arians to be fired this year, I'd still would have taken him, or most any available NFL assistant coach over Trestman.