dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So Pace did hide his interest in Trubisky from J.Fox.....maybe.

So i guess now that Rich Campbell of the chicago tribune says it's true then somehow it's true. I really don't even give a shit about it.

https://t.co/xpZtUGqcei

A few months ago ESPN insider Chris Mortensen added a bombshell to the NFL draft drama. It came right after the Chicago Bears had drafted quarterback Mitch Trubisky #2 overall. It said that head coach John Fox actually had no idea he would be the pick until shortly before it happened on draft night. This set off loads of speculative conversations, wondering if there was a divide between him and GM Ryan Pace.

Over time the buzz on that cooled. Fox insisted he was involved in the process and Pace insisted he kept his coach in the loop on everything. Though Mortensen has long been a trustworthy source for inside NFL information, he may have merely not known the full scope of what actually happened.

Well that seems to have finally come to pass. New information has come to light regarding what happened and it backs up with he first reported back in April.

Ryan Pace didn’t trust Fox to not betray Bears interest in Trubisky

According to Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune, Pace did indeed keep Fox in the dark about his plans. The reasoning? His interest in Trubisky was extensive and had been for months. He didn’t want anybody outside the front office to know about it. Not even the head coach.

“THE DEMARCATION LINE WAS DRAWN IN APRIL. PACE’S INFATUATION WITH TRUBISKY AND OBSESSION WITH KEEPING IT SECRET LEFT FOX LAGGING BEHIND THE GM’S PLAN.

ALTHOUGH FOX WAS INVOLVED WITH RESEARCHING TRUBISKY, PACE CONCEALED THE EXTENT TO WHICH HE COVETED THE QUARTERBACK. THE GM AND HIS LIEUTENANTS WERE DETERMINED NOT TO LET FOX, WITH HIS PENCHANT FOR CHATTER AND AN EXTENSIVE LEAGUE-WIDE NETWORK OF PALS, EXPOSE THEIR PLAN. IN THEIR ESTIMATION, THEIR FUTURES DEPENDED ON TOTAL SECRECY.

SO AS FOX ENTERED THIS SEASON, THE CRITICAL PENULTIMATE YEAR OF HIS FOUR-YEAR CONTRACT, PACE AGGRESSIVELY MOVED TO DRAFT TRUBISKY, WHO HE DID NOT INTEND TO PLAY AS A ROOKIE.”

In other words Pace understood Fox’s outgoing nature and wasn’t comfortable with entrusting sensitive information to him. So in a word both stories had truth to it. Mortensen was correct in that Fox didn’t know, but Fox also wasn’t lying when he said he was involved in the evaluation of Trubisky.

All told this is a somewhat unusual situation. One can understand Pace’s precaution and it doesn’t necessarily mean he lacks faith in Fox. At the same time a GM intentionally keeping his coach in the dark on something? It’s hard not to see that as troubling.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is why Jim Harbaugh will never be the Chicago Bears coach. Ryan Pace will never give up any control in the front office and honestly he's been doing pretty good in the draft and with what he can get in free agency with nobody wanting to come to a bad team like Chicago with high taxes.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is why Jim Harbaugh will never be the Chicago Bears coach. Ryan Pace will never give up any control in the front office and honestly he's been doing pretty good in the draft and with what he can get in free agency with nobody wanting to come to a bad team like Chicago with high taxes.

The last friggin' thing this organization needs is Jim Friggin' Harbaugh as coach and GM.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The last friggin' thing this organization needs is Jim Friggin' Harbaugh as coach and GM.

Yeah, why would anyone want a winning, successful NFL coach who took his team to 3 straight NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in the organization and control over the 53 man roster? 12-30 in 42 games is the preferable option. We're the Bears, winning is for chumps.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, why would anyone want a winning, successful NFL coach who took his team to 3 straight NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in the organization and control over the 53 man roster? 12-30 in 42 games is the preferable option. We're the Bears, winning is for chumps.

Yeah i think Jim Harbaugh is just what this team needs. I don't think Pace should give up control of personel but if those two could get on the same page it would be a good marriage.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Come on, almost all GMs want total control. And I don’t think Harbaugh is the answer. He isn’t killing it at Michigan and he has worn out his welcome virtually everywhere he has ever been.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Translation, Pace knows Fox is a fucking clown that he can't trust. He didn't want to play Trubs this year because he knew Fox could potentially permanently damage his development and also would have no clue on how to develop him.

So far pace has been correct on all accounts

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Translation, Pace knows Fox is a fucking clown that he can't trust. He didn't want to play Trubs this year because he knew Fox could potentially permanently damage his development and also would have no clue on how to develop him.

Not sure why Pace kept Fox on last year if this was the case..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ridiculous Sports Mockery filler rehash. Fox doesn't tell us anything important, ever and does not have to be rumor managed. The evaluation of Mitchell went far beyond the norm with secret meeting and work outs that Fox attended while Biscuit was told to keep it on the down low. Pure illogical speculation by someone who has no inside knowledge on the topic. Dude is just trying to hit a tight seam that he can't squeeze his agenda into but he doesn't have the talent or good judgement to pull it off.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
startrek.jpg

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
McCa$keyBuck$.

Everyone's handcuffed, why can't people just do the jobs their paid to do instead of getting micromanaged? I bet the last 3 home games will lose more revenue than Foxy's salary.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Everyone's handcuffed, why can't people just do the jobs their paid to do instead of getting micromanaged? I bet the last 3 home games will lose more revenue than Foxy's salary.

That'd be interesting to know. I'm guessing most of the revenue is from the TV deal and not concessions sales.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This is exactly what I thought when the news first came out. John Fox cannot be trusted. He has a big blabber mouth and would have went straight to Jay Glazer with the story. Glazer releases the story and then maybe someone like the Browns offer more and leap over the Bears to number 2. Do not blame Pace at all but this is another reason John Fox will be gone.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

This has been my thought as well. Explains why Fox is extra weird this season. Knows he's gone. Also explains Giraffe; poison pill of sorts to ensure Fox is put down.

Dangerous game Pace is playing; whoever they hire next better be great.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DaaBears is probably on suicide watch along with DespBro

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Yeah Pace won't hire Harbaugh.

Because Harbaugh is EVERY GM's WORST NIGHTMARE.

Which sucks because I'd take Harbaugh ANY day over Pace.