Hot Stove,Random Trade Ideas, And FA Ideas And Discussions

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its almost hot stove time.....probably a cold one for the sox but hey anything can happen right? :rolleyes:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
1) carl crawford is going to be over priced

2) I dont want anymore speed guys on this team, meaning, it gives ozzie another guy to run and get caught stealing and lose more games again because he obviously isn going to change his approach unless he has no choice by having jr come down on him instead of kw.

3) i prefer rios in CF over Crawford

4) aj is the only descent catcher available besides the impossible guy to get in vmart.

5) why would you trade a SP without knowing what will happen with peavy? say you trade edwin jackson and peavy cant play. you are looking at buehrle,danks,floyd, (blank), (blank).......and i would guess one of those would force sale into the rotation which i am totally against.

1) I think Crawford might be less than Konerko, certainly I can't see him getting more than 14 million a year which would be ok for the White Sox I think.

2) I don't mind speed and more speed, but smarter base running is part of that.

3) Either way

4) Keep vmart. For me, he's overrated.

5) I can live with Buehrle, Danks, Floyd and two fillers. Especially if the filler is Sale. He might not have the mechanics to be a SP for years, but I don't need years, I need a year and I think he would be fine in that role.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Positive: No more Tubby Jenks.

Give me Rafael Soriano in the 9th.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) I think Crawford might be less than Konerko, certainly I can't see him getting more than 14 million a year which would be ok for the White Sox I think.

2) I don't mind speed and more speed, but smarter base running is part of that.

3) Either way

4) Keep vmart. For me, he's overrated.

5) I can live with Buehrle, Danks, Floyd and two fillers. Especially if the filler is Sale. He might not have the mechanics to be a SP for years, but I don't need years, I need a year and I think he would be fine in that role.

A career .300 hitter with a .369 OBP, he will give you around 17-20 home runs

This team needs OBP, I only mention AVG because it is considered a stat, but the obp and his plus power for the catcher position is great. I will take that all day. He is also a 3.0 WAR.

The only negative is his jello arm.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
A career .300 hitter with a .369 OBP, he will give you around 17-20 home runs

This team needs OBP, I only mention AVG because it is considered a stat, but the obp and his plus power for the catcher position is great. I will take that all day. He is also a 3.0 WAR.

The only negative is his jello arm.

That didn't keep AJ away for, what, the last 5 years?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Well, you're going to have to pay to get good OBP and SLG nowadays in the MLB. This isn't 2000-2001 anymore, when Billy Beane and his crew were able to dominate the baseball marketplace by getting undervalued assets (OBP) for pennies on the dollar, teams have wised up, to an extent.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cora finish 2nd in the Brewers managerial race. He will likely be back.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well, you're going to have to pay to get good OBP and SLG nowadays in the MLB. This isn't 2000-2001 anymore, when Billy Beane and his crew were able to dominate the baseball marketplace by getting undervalued assets (OBP) for pennies on the dollar, teams have wised up, to an extent.

Totally agree there Lefty, I just won't tie down that kind of money in the Catcher position. Especially an old one at that. Now if it were a RF, 3b, 1b, now we are talking.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love OBP. batting avg is just ehh, OBP is the stat for sure. The sox need OBP like yesterday.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I hope we sign OF Carl Crawford.
Love ya Paulie but I let ya go if its Crawford or Paulie. Because speed is more of what we need! I'd keep AJ if we can't get Vmart!

Have you guys heard if were interested in Crawford or VMart?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love ya Paulie but I let ya go if its Crawford or Paulie. Because speed is more of what we need! I'd keep AJ if we can't get Vmart!

I don't want to be the Angels. If they're interested in Crawford, there has to be a move to accommodate the signing (at least I would hope if he's in the plans).

Lefty

Liked Posts:

No, we need on-base ability. Speed is, at best, a tertiary concern.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Totally agree there Lefty, I just won't tie down that kind of money in the Catcher position. Especially an old one at that. Now if it were a RF, 3b, 1b, now we are talking.

Well, if you're going into the free agent pool to look for production, you're more than likely going to overpay for that production, no matter where it is coming from. Besides, who is to say that a contract for V-Mart would be that much larger than the deal Pierzynski had? If he comes out and demands Konerko-type money, then you tip your hat and move on, but I don't think he's going to be getting upwards of $10 million+ a season, probably closer to the $8-9 million range.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Crawford is good he can get on base. If we had him and pierre man wow!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
last 2 seasons of BA and OBP were not all that bad and his WAR is a 4.7 which is right up Leftys alley, but....he is going to get way overpaid, and again......i dont want another runner on this team, it makes it so ozzie can run us out of more innings. we need a BAT.