Poll: Who is CCS favorite defensive coordinator candidate?

Vic Fangio's Replacement

• Paul Guenther

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Patricia

• Mike Pettine

• Ted Monachino

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We all want Vic Fangio to stay but what our the Bears options if he leaves.

James Bettcher [Cardinals Defensive Coordinator]

Bruce Arians may retire due to health issues after this season. The Cardinals finished last season with the NFL’s #2 ranked defense after having the #5 ranked defense in Bettcher’s first season as defensive coordinator in 2015. It is the first time in team history the Cardinals have gone consecutive seasons with one of the league’s top-five defenses. The #2 ranking in 2016 is the top defensive ranking in franchise history.

BettcherMAIN.jpg

Paul Guenther [Bengals Defensive Coordinator]

In each of the last two seasons, Guenther’s units have earned top-10 NFL rankings for the Bengals in fewest points allowed. Guenther will be 46 years old tomorrow and gets better every season. Marvin Lewis is in the hot seat and would surprise a lot of people if he lasted another season.

guenther120120.0.jpeg

Matt Patricia [Patriots Defensive Coordinator]

If Bill Belichick retires after this season and Patricia can't find a head coaching gig. it's worth a shot. Since moving to coach the Patriots on defense in 2006, the team has finished in the top-10 in fewest points allowed in 10 of his 11 seasons with the defense. Patricia's 2016 defense finished as the No. 1 scoring defense in the NFL by allowing only 15.6 points per game.

usatsi_9770042.jpg

Mike Pettine [Unemployed]

Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine would often sleep on an air-mattress in a closet when he was a coordinator for the New York Jets. His success as a defensive coordinator lead him to offers as a head coach and lead the Browns to there best record since 2007.

new-york-daily-news.jpg

Ted Monachino [Colts Defensive Coordinator]

Reunite him with Pernell McPhee. In 2016, Monachino helped guide outside linebacker Erik Walden to the best season of his nine-year career. Walden led the Colts with a career-high 11.0 sacks and 9.0 tackles for loss, while tying for the team lead with three forced fumbles. He finished tied for eighth in the NFL (tied for fourth in the AFC) in sacks. Walden was one of six linebackers in the NFL to record 11.0 or more sacks and three or more forced fumbles in 2016.

usa-today-8172874.0.jpg

Dick LeBeau [Titans Defensive Coordinator]

One of the greatest defensive minds in the game, LeBeau joined the Titans after his second stint as defensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 11 seasons (2004 – 2014). Overall, he spent 13 seasons (1995-96, 2004-14) as defensive coordinator for the Steelers where he served as the architect of the Steelers famed “Zone Blitz,” and the accomplishments during those 13 seasons are staggering: 10 top-five defensive rankings, five seasons as the league’s number one defense (2004, 07, 08, 11, 12), four AFC Championships, two Super Bowl wins (XL & XLIII) and nine playoff appearances.

dicklebeau_mmqb.jpg

Rod Marinelli [Cowboys Defensive Coordinator]

Bring him back Chicago if Jason Garrett gets let go.

NS_17COWSTOCKG_33247324.JPG

Ed Donatell [Chicago Bears DB coach]

maxresdefault.jpg

Rex Ryan [ESPN Analyst]

ap-rex-ryan-nfl-draftjpeg-167a50d24fc3b78a.jpeg

Rob Ryan [Unemployed]

Dallas+Cowboys+v+New+England+Patriots+DfHMVPPxZQ6l.jpg

Hue Jackson [Browns Head Coach]

522-hi-res-f41aec4474b617b3d7dd2851cc533469-crop-north.jpg

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I thought this was another HC thread when I skimmed. I was bracing for the full on blast :yep:

I don't know who I really like from that list though.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dick LeBeau is almost as old as Omeletpants.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dick LeBeau is almost as old as Omeletpants.

Surprised he's still doing good he seems immortal.

Last year, in his first year as coordinator for the Titans, his defense ranked second in run defense and sixth in third-down defense. The run defense was the highest ranking for the franchise since 2003 and was an improvement from 18th in 2015. The Titans defense ranked sixth in the NFL in sacks with 40 and marked the first 40-sack season for the team since 2010. Lastly, the defense allowed 20.1 points per game (12th in the NFL) after allowing 23.8 points per game last year.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Can we get rob and Rex Ryan both? Both asst DC's? At least it would be entertaining.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
If Pete Carmichael is HC, then will he hire a DC from the saints staff?