IGT - Blackhawks @ Lightning 6:30 CST

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok you good for nothing soccer fans and slackers, here's the damn IGT.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Preview: Lightning look to rebound from rare loss, host Blackhawks

The Sports Xchange STATS Nov 22, 2017 at 10:35a ET

TV: NBCSN TIME: 7:30 p.m.

TAMPA, Fla. — One quarter of the way into the NHL season, the Tampa Bay Lightning have the best record in hockey at 15-3-2, and Jon Cooper knows you can never stockpile enough points early on.
“You never want to slow down,” Cooper said of his team’s dominating start. “We were front and center last year, seeing how hard it is to catch up … You’ve got to keep munching points, but all in all, I’ve got to tip my hat to the guys. It’s been a great first quarter.”
A year ago, Tampa Bay was 12-7-1 after 20 games, but after losing Steven Stamkos to a season-ending injury, they went 15-18-7 in their next 40, digging a hole they ultimately fell just short of climbing out of. A 13-5-2 stretch at the end wasn’t enough, so this team will try to set the pace for the league as long as possible.

That carries a certain target from all their opponents, as Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville acknowledged Tuesday. His team is off to a more modest 10-8-2 start, but is 3-1-0 in its last four, coming off a 2-1 victory at Pittsburgh and a 6-3 win against the New York Rangers.

“Our toughest test to date,” Quenneville said of the Lightning, who took a home loss to the Islanders in their last game. “They’re coming off a disappointing loss. An excellent team in a lot of ways. The threat to score on all their lines. It’s going to be a real good test, knowing every shift is going to be a really good challenge.”
One battle of strengths to watch is Tampa Bay’s power play — best in the NHL with 28 percent success rate — going up against Chicago’s penalty kill, which is killing off 85 percent of opponents’ opportunities.
Tampa Bay has the league’s top two scorers in Stamkos (35 points, with an NHL-best 25 assists) and Nikita Kucherov (33 points, with a league-high 17 goals), but they’re also fourth in goals allowed. Andrei Vasilevskiy has an NHL-high 14 wins, and a solid 2.34 goals-against average.

Chicago can do a little better there, as Corey Crawford is only allowing 2.19 goals per game, fifth-best in the league, with the third-highest save percentage at .933. The offense isn’t as prolific, with Artem Anisimov leading the way with 10 goals and Patrick Kane the top overall scorer with 19 points, including 13 assists.
The Lightning has vastly improved its penalty kill, rounding out a dominating special-teams advantage. It starts with Vasilevskiy, and newcomer Dan Girardi has set the tone as a physical, selfless defender.
“Your goalie needs to be on,” Cooper said of the key to a strong penalty kill. “He’s the guy that really makes the penalty kill go. But you have to kill a penalty 200 feet on the ice.”
Chicago and Tampa Bay met in the 2015 Stanley Cup final, with the Blackhawks winning the series 4-2, but the Lightning are 3-0-1 since, including a two-game sweep last season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hooooorraaay! Hawks Win!

4-2

Wino Sucks....

Ditka

Yadda yadda Yoda.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hooooorraaay! Hawks Win!

4-2

Wino Sucks....

Ditka

Yadda yadda Yoda.

Maybe I should just email you the IGT? Me and you are the only ones still here.

I guess the Bears season is just to exciting.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Dan Girardi vs Seabrook... the battle of the ages

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, 17 goals already for Hoochy-Kucherov.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok you good for nothing soccer fans and slackers, here's the damn IGT.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Preview: Lightning look to rebound from rare loss, host Blackhawks

The Sports Xchange STATS Nov 22, 2017 at 10:35a ET

TV: NBCSN TIME: 7:30 p.m.

TAMPA, Fla. — One quarter of the way into the NHL season, the Tampa Bay Lightning have the best record in hockey at 15-3-2, and Jon Cooper knows you can never stockpile enough points early on.
“You never want to slow down,” Cooper said of his team’s dominating start. “We were front and center last year, seeing how hard it is to catch up … You’ve got to keep munching points, but all in all, I’ve got to tip my hat to the guys. It’s been a great first quarter.”
A year ago, Tampa Bay was 12-7-1 after 20 games, but after losing Steven Stamkos to a season-ending injury, they went 15-18-7 in their next 40, digging a hole they ultimately fell just short of climbing out of. A 13-5-2 stretch at the end wasn’t enough, so this team will try to set the pace for the league as long as possible.

That carries a certain target from all their opponents, as Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville acknowledged Tuesday. His team is off to a more modest 10-8-2 start, but is 3-1-0 in its last four, coming off a 2-1 victory at Pittsburgh and a 6-3 win against the New York Rangers.

“Our toughest test to date,” Quenneville said of the Lightning, who took a home loss to the Islanders in their last game. “They’re coming off a disappointing loss. An excellent team in a lot of ways. The threat to score on all their lines. It’s going to be a real good test, knowing every shift is going to be a really good challenge.”
One battle of strengths to watch is Tampa Bay’s power play — best in the NHL with 28 percent success rate — going up against Chicago’s penalty kill, which is killing off 85 percent of opponents’ opportunities.
Tampa Bay has the league’s top two scorers in Stamkos (35 points, with an NHL-best 25 assists) and Nikita Kucherov (33 points, with a league-high 17 goals), but they’re also fourth in goals allowed. Andrei Vasilevskiy has an NHL-high 14 wins, and a solid 2.34 goals-against average.

Chicago can do a little better there, as Corey Crawford is only allowing 2.19 goals per game, fifth-best in the league, with the third-highest save percentage at .933. The offense isn’t as prolific, with Artem Anisimov leading the way with 10 goals and Patrick Kane the top overall scorer with 19 points, including 13 assists.
The Lightning has vastly improved its penalty kill, rounding out a dominating special-teams advantage. It starts with Vasilevskiy, and newcomer Dan Girardi has set the tone as a physical, selfless defender.
“Your goalie needs to be on,” Cooper said of the key to a strong penalty kill. “He’s the guy that really makes the penalty kill go. But you have to kill a penalty 200 feet on the ice.”
Chicago and Tampa Bay met in the 2015 Stanley Cup final, with the Blackhawks winning the series 4-2, but the Lightning are 3-0-1 since, including a two-game sweep last season.

Hot

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Haven't had time to watch many games, but Seabrook, is a shell of of what he once was.... Just bad!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really wish that the officials in all pro sports could be informed that they are not the show....the players are. From MLB to the NBA, NFL and NHL....the last year or so has been an absolute shit show. I'm finding it easier and easier to find better forms of entertainment.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I really wish that the officials in all pro sports could be informed that they are not the show....the players are. From MLB to the NBA, NFL and NHL....the last year or so has been an absolute shit show. I'm finding it easier and easier to find better forms of entertainment.
I don't know by this but the nhl for years has been people wanting more scoring, by finally this year calling penalties scoring is higher than its been most of the past decade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ger Hocks

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree, the officials, not just hockey but NFL, MLB etc come across as wanting to be noticed as those guys who can and will display the power given to them for the wrong reasons.

What horseshit to call a chincey-ass penalty like that in O.T.

Eddie was all over, as always going out of his way backing the refs (can't come across as a homer). Call shouldn't have been made...bullshit

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, the officials, not just hockey but NFL, MLB etc come across as wanting to be noticed as those guys who can and will display the power given to them for the wrong reasons.

Eddie was all over, as always going out of his way backing the refs (can't come across as a homer). Call shouldn't have been made...bullshit

Heh, I think Eddie gets confused where he's at sometimes. It's ok to jump on the bad calls doing the games locally....definitely a no, no nationally. Tallon would have smoked that guy's ass for making that call.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Heh, I think Eddie gets confused where he's at sometimes. It's ok to jump on the bad calls doing the games locally....definitely a no, no nationally. Tallon would have smoked that guy's ass for making that call.

I'd agree Eddie could let loose while sitting next to PF, but def should be careful nationally. Think about broadcast teams for other sports, they don't hold back if a bad call is made. Eddie could let go as well, just do it for both teams.
Lol, bringing up Tallon when he did color, loved Tallon...brutally honest on all fronts. Eddie is a blip on the screen compared to Tallon as a color guy, I like T Murray better as well but......Stop it right there.