The race for the no2 pick

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
We arent picking 2nd....we could lose all our remining games and still probably wont get better than the 3rd pick.

That said....still think we finish with 5-6 wins (still have clowns-niners-bunglez) and pick somewhere between 6-10

You think that team we just saw lose to the Eagles is going to finish around .500? Fair enough.

Let’s look at recent history. Things that are likely to happen based on past performance...

- The defense regresses badly in the final quarter of the season
- Injuries take their toll and Long gets shut down
- We lose at home to a terrible 49ers team
- Team looks good in final Vikings game but still loses

4-12 with a win over Browns. My prediction...

1. Browns (finally go 0-16)
2. 49ers 3-13 (beat Bears but lose every other game)
3. Bears 4-12
4. Giants 4-12 (no idea about SoS)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lose as much as possible to ensure all of these coaches are gone and to get a high draft pick

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’ll be honest. I’m disappointed with myself. Every year I predict they are going to make it to 6-10 or 7-9 and every year they shit the bed. At some point as a fan you just have to accept that you are a credulous moron and move on to something else.

Anyway, the 9ers game is the key here. Lose that one, which is entirely possible and totally with precedent, and I can see us losing out. Win that and we probably beat the Browns and go 5-11. Whoop.

Only plus here is that if we somehow manage to be so bad that we get a top 3 pick, we should be able to trade down and secure a nice little haul. How is the QB class looking? I don’t really follow College football but in the build up to the draft everyone was telling me it was going to be a historically great class. I’m assuming that still holds :shrug:

Don't forget that it will more than likely be Jimmy G getting his first start for the 49ers against us next week and if he's the real deal then they actually have a good chance to beat us........not that they don't already have a good chance to beat this team.

peoriabear#1

Liked Posts:
Maybe they want to lose out, and that's why fox still has a job. It's getting hard to watch this team. 3 years of a rebuild and there still regressing

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I’ll be honest. I’m disappointed with myself. Every year I predict they are going to make it to 6-10 or 7-9 and every year they shit the bed. At some point as a fan you just have to accept that you are a credulous moron and move on to something else.

Anyway, the 9ers game is the key here. Lose that one, which is entirely possible and totally with precedent, and I can see us losing out. Win that and we probably beat the Browns and go 5-11. Whoop.

Only plus here is that if we somehow manage to be so bad that we get a top 3 pick, we should be able to trade down and secure a nice little haul. How is the QB class looking? I don’t really follow College football but in the build up to the draft everyone was telling me it was going to be a historically great class. I’m assuming that still holds :shrug:

I had them going 4-12 this season. Im still on target for that.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm in the same boat of optimism, but not as hard on myself. In no way can or should I (we) bank on the team losing upwards of 50% of their starters on both offense and defense. This team has yet to finish out their roster holes, much less build depth. Hell, they actually had depth at middle linebacker and even that's blown to hell now.

With competent playcalling and reasonable health, this team does have talent to compete. Just not there yet to absorb multiple negatives...injuries, shitty coaching, and rookies/backups having to play before ready to truly compete at this level.

Despite all this, Go back and look at how many losses have been by 1 score or less. Sky isn't falling, but it's lining up for another decent draft pick and sorting out another 1 year prove-it FA class to see who stays/sucks.
-----------

Seems every year, fans blast the draft class only to come around in year 2 when talent starts to shine. No different here...even Trubs is taking flack for shitting the bed against #1 D out of 32, with only 4-5 other true starters around him.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Vikings will have the division locked up shortly. They might have a reason to play for a better matchup/home field scenario though.

They are gonna be playing for a bye and possible home field. They aren't shutting shit down and will destroy us.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The beat-up Bears just lost to probably the best team in the league and certainly the most dynamic.
Wouldn't slash your wrist over this game.
The loss to the Lions was lost by the kicker.
The loss to the Packers was a sad touchback call that turned the tide in that game.
The Bears aren't good enough to win close games like that without being fairly healthy as well.

I think Jimmy G is a good QB who will carve up the defense without Freeman/Trevathan/Floyd
But the 49ers D should get carved up by Howard even worse. And Mitch should be able to move the ball.
I still see this as a Bears win even with Jimmy G. Because the 49ers D sucks.

Bengals are usually solid I haven't paid any attention to them this year though. But what I hear is it's a winnable game.
Detroit is winnable.
Browns is a win.
Vikings is a lose.

So 1 loss 1 win 3 winnable
My realistic view of 7-9 is still possible.
I don't see less than 5 wins regardless.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The beat-up Bears just lost to probably the best team in the league and certainly the most dynamic.
Wouldn't slash your wrist over this game.
The loss to the Lions was lost by the kicker.
The loss to the Packers was a sad touchback call that turned the tide in that game.
The Bears aren't good enough to win close games like that without being fairly healthy as well.

I think Jimmy G is a good QB who will carve up the defense without Freeman/Trevathan/Floyd
But the 49ers D should get carved up by Howard even worse. And Mitch should be able to move the ball.
I still see this as a Bears win even with Jimmy G. Because the 49ers D sucks.

Bengals are usually solid I haven't paid any attention to them this year though. But what I hear is it's a winnable game.
Detroit is winnable.
Browns is a win.
Vikings is a lose.

So 1 loss 1 win 3 winnable
My realistic view of 7-9 is still possible.
I don't see less than 5 wins regardless.

Still confident of two more wins??

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I can’t believe the Bears are going to be 3-13 and maybe not get a top 3 pick. There’s a lot of years where 4-12 is good enough for the number 1 pick.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I can’t believe the Bears are going to be 3-13 and maybe not get a top 3 pick. There’s a lot of years where 4-12 is good enough for the number 1 pick.

Well Browns have just gone ahead against Chargers and Giants are level with Raiders. I honestly can’t see the Bears winning another game.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guessed 3-13 when they fucked up and drafted Mitch. What do I win

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Browns and Niners will still likely pick ahead of the Bears. Niners should be taking Saquon Barkley without a second of hesitation. Pair him with Jimmy and you've got a nice 1-2 punch to work with.