The race for the no2 pick

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Well, race is a strong word that implies a degree of athleticism and dedication to craft that was largely absent from today's shitshow. But you get my drift.

No-one is beating the Browns to the no1 overall but there's now a good chance we pick in the top 5, maybe higher, especially if they keep Fox around until the end of the season.

Current standings...

Browns 0-13
Giants 2-11
Colts 3-10
49ers 3-10
Broncos 4-9
Bucs 4-9
Texans 4-9
Bears 4-9
Bengals 5-8
Redskins 5-8
Dolphins 5-7 (Pats MNF)
Cardinals 5-7 (up vs Titans in final 2 minutes)
Jets 5-7

Browns schedule

Ravens
@Bears
@Steelers

Giants schedule

Eagles
@Cardinals
Redskins

49ers schedule

Titans
Jaguars
@Rams

Bears schedule

@Lions
Browns
@Vikings

Broncos schedule

@Colts
@Redskins
Chiefs

Colts schedule

Broncos
@Ravens
Texans

Texans schedule

@Jags
Steelers
@Colts

Bucs schedule

Falcons
@Panthers
Saints

Discuss how bad this gets here if you can stomach it...

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I’ll be honest. I’m disappointed with myself. Every year I predict they are going to make it to 6-10 or 7-9 and every year they shit the bed. At some point as a fan you just have to accept that you are a credulous moron and move on to something else.

Anyway, the 9ers game is the key here. Lose that one, which is entirely possible and totally with precedent, and I can see us losing out. Win that and we probably beat the Browns and go 5-11. Whoop.

Only plus here is that if we somehow manage to be so bad that we get a top 3 pick, we should be able to trade down and secure a nice little haul. How is the QB class looking? I don’t really follow College football but in the build up to the draft everyone was telling me it was going to be a historically great class. I’m assuming that still holds :shrug:

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I’ll be honest. I’m disappointed with myself. Every year I predict they are going to make it to 6-10 or 7-9 and every year they shit the bed. At some point as a fan you just have to accept that you are a credulous moron and move on to something else.

Anyway, the 9ers game is the key here. Lose that one, which is entirely possible and totally with precedent, and I can see us losing out. Win that and we probably beat the Browns and go 5-11. Whoop.

Only plus here is that if we somehow manage to be so bad that we get a top 3 pick, we should be able to trade down and secure a nice little haul. How is the QB class looking? I don’t really follow College football but in the build up to the draft everyone was telling me it was going to be a historically great class. I’m assuming that still holds :shrug:

The college QBs this year have been underwhelming and nowhere near the level everyone was saying they would be at last year, unfortunately. We might still be able to get a nice haul from a trade down, depending on how things develop, however.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To get the 2nd pick they would have to lose to the 49ers.

We are one of the few winnable games on their schedule.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I see 2 wins...Browns and Vikings. Niners is a toss up.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yeah I kind of gathered they had underwhelmed. It was hilarios listening to all these guys saying that there were surefire QBs in the 2018 class when they were asking us to draft a safety at 3 last year and take Kaaya or Peteman in the second round!

I guess the Browns will have to go QB at 1 and that the 49ers will looks to trade out given they’ve got Jimmy G and will still only have a limited sample size on him by that point.

We know what happens. These prospects get a ton of scrutiny, their warts are e posed for all to see and then the draft comes round and three go in the top 13 like this year. So I fully expect that there will be someone willing to trade up to get their guy. Unless they are totally set on Chubb, Key or Fitzpatrick as a top 5 pick, I think Pace lol trade down.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
To get the 2nd pick they would have to lose to the 49ers.

We are one of the few winnable games on their schedule.

I agree. The difficult thing to imagine is not them beating the Bears but that they also manage to beat one of...

Texans
Titans
Jags
Rams

We’d also have to lose to the Browns. Despite how bad we are, I’m not sure that is even possible.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Teams without a QB will overvalue the crop of QBs in the draft regardless of how they played in college. It happens every year the reasoning being that without a QB you will get no where in the NFL. The good news is that the Browns certainly will take a QB which means the price to get what remains goes up a lot. The problem is that in theory the Niners and Giants don’t need to draft a QB either which might make them more willing to move back if they draft ahead of the Bears.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Teams without a QB will overvalue the crop of QBs in the draft regardless of how they played in college. It happens every year the reasoning being that without a QB you will get no where in the NFL. The good news is that the Browns certainly will take a QB which means the price to get what remains goes up a lot. The problem is that in theory the Niners and Giants don’t need to draft a QB either which might make them more willing to move back if they draft ahead of the Bears.

Yep. I can’t see the Giants passing on a QB can you? Eli has fallen off a cliff this year.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Vikings will have the division locked up shortly. They might have a reason to play for a better matchup/home field scenario though.

I think they might play Teddy. Even if they do rest starters, could you honestly see us winning?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Giants will likely be in the QB market. Picking in front of them would be optimal for a trade down because teams will want to jump them for the #2 QB.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Giants will likely be in the QB market. Picking in front of them would be optimal for a trade down because teams will want to jump them for the #2 QB.

Can’t see the Giants winning IN Oakland. Maybe the beat Cowboys, Cards and Redskins though. Eagles is a loss obviously. We need to get past them to no3 pick.

Man, this is such a loser thread lol.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah I kind of gathered they had underwhelmed. It was hilarios listening to all these guys saying that there were surefire QBs in the 2018 class when they were asking us to draft a safety at 3 last year and take Kaaya or Peteman in the second round!

I guess the Browns will have to go QB at 1 and that the 49ers will looks to trade out given they’ve got Jimmy G and will still only have a limited sample size on him by that point.

We know what happens. These prospects get a ton of scrutiny, their warts are e posed for all to see and then the draft comes round and three go in the top 13 like this year. So I fully expect that there will be someone willing to trade up to get their guy. Unless they are totally set on Chubb, Key or Fitzpatrick as a top 5 pick, I think Pace lol trade down.

John Lynch will trade out of the #2 pick, as any GM in his position would do, and the praise will rain down on him like you've never seen (well, since last year when it did).

greg23

Liked Posts:
We arent picking 2nd....we could lose all our remining games and still probably wont get better than the 3rd pick.

That said....still think we finish with 5-6 wins (still have clowns-niners-bunglez) and pick somewhere between 6-10

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
John Lynch will trade out of the #2 pick, as any GM in his position would do, and the praise will rain down on him like you've never seen (well, since last year when it did).

This is also 100% guaranteed. He better hope Jimmy is the real deal or even a sycophantic media may start to question him.