The race for the no2 pick

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, race is a strong word that implies a degree of athleticism and dedication to craft that was largely absent from today's shitshow. But you get my drift.

No-one is beating the Browns to the no1 overall but there's now a good chance we pick in the top 5, maybe higher, especially if they keep Fox around until the end of the season.

Current standings...

Browns 0-12 (assuming loss to Chargers)
49ers 2-10
Giants 2-10 (assuming loss to Raiders, currently 7-7 after 1st QTR)
Bears 3-9
Colts 3-9
Broncos 3-9
Bucs 4-8
Texans 4-8
Bengals 5-6 (play Steelers on MNF)
Dolphins 5-7
Cardinals 5-7 (assuming loss to Rams)
Jets 5-7

Browns schedule

Packers
Ravens
@Bears
@Steelers

Giants schedule

Cowboys
Eagles
@Cardinals
Redskins

49ers schedule

@Texans
Titans
Jaguars
@Rams

Bears schedule

@Bengals
@Lions
Browns
@Vikings

Broncos schedule

Jets
@Colts
@Redskins
Chiefs

Colts schedule

@Bills
Broncos
@Ravens
Texans

Discuss how bad this gets here if you can stomach it...

Have you considered posting this AFTER the games are over, instead of inserting records with assumptions?

Asking for a friend.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Giants win would be huge.

Bears could have the chance to do what the Titans did with the #1 pick after they already had Mariota

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe I had picked 6 wins. Might have to drop to 5 after losing to the 49ers.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I can’t believe the Bears are going to be 3-13 and maybe not get a top 3 pick. There’s a lot of years where 4-12 is good enough for the number 1 pick.

Bears are cursed

The Charles Martin Curse!

Nope. Sorry. The curse predates Charles Martin. 1969: the Bears finish 1-13. Unfortunately, so do the Steelers. The Bears only win, of course, comes against the Steelers, thus ensuring a coin flip for the #1 pick. Ed McCaskey calls heads; it's tails. Steelers get Terry Bradshaw with the #1 pick; the Bears end up with three stiffs from the Packers for the #2 pick. That, Sir, is what a real curse looks like.

Maybe you can call it the Rufus Mayes Curse...

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Every site I go on has the Colts and Broncos in front of the Bears.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Every site I go on has the Colts and Broncos in front of the Bears.

Guess that comes down to strength of schedule? If I remember, the Colts had the easiest schedule in the whole league at the start of the season and Bears has been tough so thats probably right.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I could see the Giants winning one of their 3 home divisional games and maybe beat the Cardinals who are garbage.

Likewise the 49ers could win one or two more if Jimmy G progresses well.

Colts and Broncos have to play each other so hoping for a Colts win there as they would likely have the easier SoS and so pick ahead of us. I could actually see the Broncos losing out from here. I bet their locker room is seething right now.

Bucs and Texans are the only teams in range now as I can't see anyway Bears win two more games. Would be surprised if those two teams lost out.

Reckon it ends up something like...

1 Browns (0-16)
2 49ers (3-13)
3 Giants (3-13)
4 Broncos (3-13)
5 Colts (4-12)
6 Bears (4-12)

Not sure if 6 is high enough for a viable trade down scenario.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Hard to believe we are at pick number six with three fucking wins at this point in the season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Bears have four games left... I assume we're going to fuck it up and win one of those, so we'll probably be picking in the 4-8 range.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Hard to believe we are at pick number six with three fucking wins at this point in the season.

It could happen. There's a lot of bad teams consistently losing games.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

The Bears always get fucked. Every tie breaker goes against us and every fallen star gets picked one ahead of us.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The Bears always get fucked. Every tie breaker goes against us and every fallen star gets picked one ahead of us.
That sounds about par for the course.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears lose all tiebreakers for draft picks because they have had the hardest strength of schedule.

ping001

Liked Posts:
I haven't paid much attention to the draft, but I do know a few names and looked at some mock drafts.
My question is if we get top 3 pick can we pass up Saquan Barkley or trade down. RB isnt a huge need, but he head and shoulders the best player in the draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't even believe there's 5 more games left, this team doesn't look like it wants to play any more games

LOL and we're still at 6. Feels like we should already be #2.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears lose all tiebreakers for draft picks because they have had the hardest strength of schedule.

Because we lose every division game.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
People would lose their minds if Pace takes a RB with a top 5 pick. It sucks that we have to put up with such a shitty season and might still miss out on a top 5 talent but if someone offers up a big haul for our pick it would be hard to say no. Wonder if there's any chance Chubb is still there when we pick.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
People would lose their minds if Pace takes a RB with a top 5 pick. It sucks that we have to put up with such a shitty season and might still miss out on a top 5 talent but if someone offers up a big haul for our pick it would be hard to say no. Wonder if there's any chance Chubb is still there when we pick.

I only support a trade down if the pay off is heavily in our favor otherwise inject some talent on this team. The higher the better so even if Pace grabs someone not as good as his trade status at least he will still be good. Hopefully... and not fragile.