Gabriel: Pace gets a pass for Fox

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You still don't see when it's just football talk?? You have nothing there. Of course ownership will want Pace to have a relationship with the guy they're making him hire since he does have to work with him. Nothing to see here.

What the fuck does Gabriel have other than a conspiracy theory that you and bitchbitchblacksheep decided to buy into.

Pace doesn't get a pass.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes. It's true. The GM has final say.

If he didn't want him, he wouldn't be here.

No, the owner has the final say. Which is and always will be the problem with the Bears.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, imagine if the Bears didn't have Glennon. They could be as bad as 3-8 and be on pace to pick in the top 5 again.

Stop acting like this made a difference. He didn't prevent the Bears from getting anyone else they would have been willing to spend for. He didn't lose them any games Trubisky would have won.

Yawn, it's speaks volumes to Pace ability to acquire free agent talent. It speaks volumes as to what he thinks the team needs and how he prioritizes how he is going to "fix" the team. If you can't understand that I don't really know what to say.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure Pace could have vetoed the hire but that it was strongly suggested to hire an experienced HC during the rebuild. He accepted the suggestion and will get his man this time around.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Pace could have vetoed the hire but that it was strongly suggested to hire an experienced HC during the rebuild. He accepted the suggestion and will get his man this time around.

Mike Glennon?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/heres-why-john-fox-shouldnt-be-hired/

"If the Bears hired Pace thinking he wasn’t quite ready and needed a mentor to train him, then it’s a really bad hire. Either he’s your guy or he isn’t. Not to mention, it has been made absolutely clear that Pace has full control of the football operation and final say over the coach, and that the coach will report to him"

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The Bears are the only team in the entire football world that plays it's home games in a city park. Prior to that they had to mooch off the Cubs. This is all you need to know about this franchise and what their priorities are. And winning a championship is not high on their list. Filling their pockets with as much cash as they can get from a fan base that is either very dedicated, or very stupid, is top priority.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Then he should know the GM has final say...
Greg would know if Jerry Angelo did or didn't who he worked directly with. And Angelo didn't and Greg probably still knows people there around who would have influence which could even include knowing things from the Ted Phillips or boardroom side.

The people literally in charge in levels above GM saying they aren't involved at all doesn't make them honest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whether you want to blame Pace for the hire or not doesn't matter.

We can all blame him for not having fired this loser already.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yawn, it's speaks volumes to Pace ability to acquire free agent talent. It speaks volumes as to what he thinks the team needs and how he prioritizes how he is going to "fix" the team. If you can't understand that I don't really know what to say.
Pace wants to build thru the draft. He knew he was building for and with Trubisky. Doesn't really matter if Glennon was supposed to start for 16 games instead of 4.

Pace hasn't tried to "fix" anything in free agency. He's tried to fix in the draft and bide time with FAs until he could strong enough drafts together. He essentially hasn't guaranteed a 2nd year for anyone, giving himself an out if the player doesn't perform (or he drafts a permanent replacement) or time for the player to earn a longterm deal like Hicks did.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF Fox gets let go?

Reactions: 1ke

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Greg would know if Jerry Angelo did or didn't who he worked directly with. And Angelo didn't and Greg probably still knows people there around who would have influence which could even include knowing things from the Ted Phillips or boardroom side.

The people literally in charge in levels above GM saying they aren't involved at all doesn't make them honest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So would Mayer.

GM has final say.

He wanted Fox so it wasn't an issue.

Pace hired Fox.

Why are slurpers so hell bent on excusing Pace's mistakes?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Whether you want to blame Pace for the hire or not doesn't matter.

We can all blame him for not having fired this loser already.
Can you though? Didn't Phillips or someone say "we don't fire coaches midseason"? If so,you can't blame Pace for him still being here either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So would Mayer.

GM has final say.

He wanted Fox so it wasn't an issue.

Pace hired Fox.

Why are slurpers so hell bent on excusing Pace's mistakes?

Listen Mongo, the shoopster's with you on not excusing Pace for anything that's gone on here, including (perhaps) the hiring of Fox (though I still believe Ernie Accorsi and not Ryan Pace carried the day with "King" George) but most certainly the retention when this clown should have been gone after last season.

But are you really trying to make your point by citing Larry Mayer as a reputable source? "L," as they say on the Internet, "OL" . . .

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Gabriel was not the only person to mention this today. One of the beat reporters mentioned the same thing in an article this afternoon that Fox was forced on Pace. I have no idea. Either way, Pace does not get a pass either, I wanted Ballard over Pace because I was familiar with Ballard and his history as a college coach because I saw some of the players first hand. I am still willing to give Pace another chance but he bungled the WR position so bad. The Bears WRs are the worst in the NFL and the worst the Bears have ever had. Pace is to blame for that (does not really give me too much tope either - ugh).

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Listen Mongo, the shoopster's with you on not excusing Pace for anything that's gone on here, including (perhaps) the hiring of Fox (though I still believe Ernie Accorsi and not Ryan Pace carried the day with "King" George) but most certainly the retention when this clown should have been gone after last season.

But are you really trying to make your point by citing Larry Mayer as a reputable source? "L," as they say on the Internet, "OL" . . .

I also posted articles by both the trib and the sun times....

But there seems to be this weird conspiracy theory here that Pace didn't want Fox and got run over by the franchise.

That's not what happened. He wanted Fox. And hired him

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Yeah I think Pace had final call as well. I think Pace should get another hire, I don't mind him. This January should be very exciting for us fans.

I agree. I still feel like Fox was forced on Pace, as the locker room needed some control and they went with the known coach, not an unknown.

Pace has made some shit signings, but Hicks for example was a solid one. Besides White, he's done pretty good with the draft. He needs to be willing to move on from White and fix the holes he made by sending Bennett, Marshall, Jeffrey and Gould packing.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Les Snead didn’t hire Jeff Fisher either. He fired him last season and hired Sean McVay.