dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The 2015 and 2016 NFL seasons. Good enough for you? I mean seriously.

Ummmmmmmmm since you can't figure this out on your own......i was obviously talking about when we drafted him.....can you keep up??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He took the Panthers to the super bowl with Jake Delhomme as his QB and that team definitely wasn't a deeply talented team. They were good but not deeply talented.

LOL...go look at that roster again bro.

talent all over the place...

2 HOF's (Peppers & Smith)
Several All-Pro's & Pro-Bowlers in their career--Minter, Rucker, Muhammad, Davis, Jenkins, Gross, Morgan, Witherspoon, Grant,
Ricky Manning was an absolute stud backup as well. Hell even Sauerbrun was a Pro-Bowler.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmmmm since you can't figure this out on your own......i was obviously talking about when we drafted him.....can you keep up??

How healthy he was in college was irrelevant leading up to this past off season. Season ending injuries in 2015 and 2016 should have been a red flag about his durability in 2017.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Ever think Pace signed Glennon to get the coach who he didn't pick and is doing a shit job of developing his draft picks fired?

Game of Thrones, Halas Hall style.

If that's true and I'm McCaskey I fire Pace the fuck now. That is fucked up. But I don't think it's actually true. I think Pace simply sucks at pro evaluations.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If that's true and I'm McCaskey I fire Pace the fuck now. That is fucked up. But I don't think it's actually true. I think Pace simply sucks at pro evaluations.

Angelo pulled the same shit with Jauron when he signed Kordell in 2003. Its not so far-fetched and is not uncommon in the NFL

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
IMO Pace should not get a pass for Fox.

The articles Mongo posted are from the site and outside sources. Factoring in the timing and we have Pace hired before Fox is fired and Pace is looking for a HC.

Now, we also have Gabriel saying Fox was in essence forced on Pace and we have the Bears saying Fox was not forced on Pace. My take is that if Pace was bullied, he backed down and accepted it. Either way, I don't see how Pace gets a pass.

He either approved it willingly or backed down from putting forward his objections in favor of HIS guy ... either way, his hands are not exactly clean.

I know it doesn't matter cause I know Pace is safe. I just really wish he wasn't as I have zero faith in his ability to hire a coach/build a team from this point forward.

JMO

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Angelo pulled the same shit with Jauron when he signed Kordell in 2003. Its not so far-fetched and is not uncommon in the NFL

I didn't say it was not far-fetched. I am saying it is fucked up and worthy of immediate termination. Cause messing with W - Ls and careers and livelihoods is totally and irredeemably fucked up.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
Literally every GM in the league does this every fucking year. And every fucking year with every GM, 80% + more of these minimum contracts don't make an impact or even make the team. Find me one GM that has struck gold on vets more than 50% of the time. I'll save you the time--you won't find one.

50% haha? Maybe you've forgotten who you're comparing to the rest of the league here. It's Ryan Pace. So how about we try 10% and go from there. And yeah, a lot of GM's can at least match that i'd say. You're getting dangerously close to defending Pace's record in FA here, I don't think that would be the smartest move.

Pace's approach and execution in FA so far stinks to high heaven and that guy earlier had every right to bring it up. The draft? That's another matter, Pace has done some fine work in the draft, which btw is WAY more important to roster building than FA.

Hopefully by the end of this 10year rebuild the Bears will be in a position to need a couple of high quality FA's to put them over the top. But IF that day ever comes do you think Pace can identify them? Not sure I do.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:

Don't worry its not true, that dude just posted the dumbest thing in the history of message boards is all.

Glennon was not signed to get Fox fired lol. Like he needed to do that.

Glennon represented the FA element of Pace's double-barrelled attempt the address the QB position. A position he knew had to be addressed. It wasn't a dumb idea, why give yourself one chance when you can give yourself two? I'd say the most important position in pro sports deserves no less.

The problem came, as it seems to with Pace, with identification and execution. First he picked the wrong guy, then he grossly overpaid him. But hey, we still have Trubisky and I'm sure he was Plan A anyway.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO Pace should not get a pass for Fox.

The articles Mongo posted are from the site and outside sources. Factoring in the timing and we have Pace hired before Fox is fired and Pace is looking for a HC.

Now, we also have Gabriel saying Fox was in essence forced on Pace and we have the Bears saying Fox was not forced on Pace. My take is that if Pace was bullied, he backed down and accepted it. Either way, I don't see how Pace gets a pass.

He either approved it willingly or backed down from putting forward his objections in favor of HIS guy ... either way, his hands are not exactly clean.

I know it doesn't matter cause I know Pace is safe. I just really wish he wasn't as I have zero faith in his ability to hire a coach/build a team from this point forward.

JMO

You gotta give Pace somewhat of a pass here because how often do you get offered a general manager job in the NFL? This was an opportunity of a lifetime for him and even though that might not have been his choice, he talked himself into believing he could work around it. Can’t fault him for that.

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox's time is up, Pace has a couple more years. Its a rebuild people. I predicted a 5-11 season before it started and looks like it will be exactly that. If you were hoping for more than maybe the issue is your unrealistic expectations?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two of those players you are referencing(Kevin White and Zach Miller) are the textbook definition of injury prone. You can't use the injury excuse on a gm that builds his depth chart reliant on players with checkered past of injuries. Doesn't work like that.

You're not wrong but in this particular case, Miller is always on short term deals (drafted a TE in 2) and White was not at all injury prone when drafted.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Rookie GM. He had no say in the matter. It was either accept their decision or wait for another opportunity.

Of course, he is going to do his job interviewing Fox. They just used that to make it seem that their choice was all his

Yes he did. he had full veto authority.

But he wanted Fox.

Got his guy.

He's accountable

No Pass.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
He doesn't deserve a pass. But I don't want to change coach and GM again. First, I have zero confidence in the McCasky's finding the right guy. But if they go to a new GM, it very well could be a complete strip down rebuild. I think the bears have some nice players and are in a great cap situation. I think they can right a lot in free agency with the recieving core and finding an immediate impact pass rusher in the draft. If they successfully address those positions and resign some of their own (Amukamara, Fuller), they can right the sail. Obviously this is assuming they make a change at HC and find someone who can develop Trubisky, which is priority #1.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Fox's time is up, Pace has a couple more years. Its a rebuild people. I predicted a 5-11 season before it started and looks like it will be exactly that. If you were hoping for more than maybe the issue is your unrealistic expectations?
Maybe you have shitty expectations, my friend. In year 3 of a rebuild and we're still a laughing stock. Why can other franchises start seeing improvement in 1-2 seasons but teams like the Bears, Jets and Browns can't get out of their own way?

:obama:

Washington

Liked Posts:
How healthy he was in college was irrelevant leading up to this past off season. Season ending injuries in 2015 and 2016 should have been a red flag about his durability in 2017.

And the thing is, the GM and coaching staff considered him to be our #1 or #2 even though he sucked. He might be better than Wheaton though but the jury is still out. If Pace pencils White in as anything higher than #5 or #6 going into next year when considering his new roster, he should be taken behind the shed.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Maybe you have shitty expectations, my friend. In year 3 of a rebuild and we're still a laughing stock. Why can other franchises start seeing improvement in 1-2 seasons but teams like the Bears, Jets and Browns can't get out of their own way?

:obama:

I prefer the Pace Philly is on over ours.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
The re-build never started as long as Cutler was on the team.
cutler/gase got us 6 wins but it was the best Cutler would do.
Last year, they hoped that cutler could win out in the last year of his contract but he got hurt again.
And pace still had no rookie QB to groom.
Hoyer was good and may have won more games if he was healthy for the entire season.
Now, year 3 of Fox, Pace starts re-building with Trubisky.
Fox never had a chance with winning by keeping Cutler. The timing was bad for Fox to succeed in Chicago.

With Trubisky, the future is bright and I expect hte Bears to make the palyoffs next year

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
LOFL.

I posted a fucking article by the Bears own write ON THEIR FUCKING TEAM WEB PAGE.

That-moment-you-realize-You-just-got-schooled.jpg

Of course corporations never try to control the narrative... Pretty naive...