Seems people think the bad play calling is all Loggains

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
An excerpt from Bears mailbag after the Lion's game; With Trubisky comment about “what fox let’s them do” Is it safe to say he’s tying loggains hands behind his back?​

That comment was the most fascinating tidbit I’ve heard in a Bears press conference in quite some time. I don’t know if Mitch Trubisky meant to take a veiled shot at John Fox with that comment, but it certainly came across that way. And for good reason. All season long, the Bears ran the most conservative, vanilla, and worst of all, predictable offense in the NFL, and it got worse balance-wise when Trubisky was named the starter. I understand wanting to protect your inexperienced rookie quarterback, but this was borderline ridiculous.
I don’t think there’s any doubt Fox was handcuffing Dowell Loggains and influencing a run-heavy game plan. Loggains shares some blame for not doing a better job of scheming some things better in his play designs, but there’s no doubt Fox’s fingerprints were all over the conservative nature of their attack. Fox finally removed the shackles a bit against the Lions, and we saw how much better the Bears were able to move the ball.

Link to postgame presser at 2:25 regarding Fox's offens
ive restrictions

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I blame Loggains for not speaking up or doing what he wants and taking the heat if it doesn't work. If Fox demands yes men and what he's doing isn't right they have to know it's going to reflect on them for getting future positions. Right now Loggains' future job offers are based on he calls an extremely predictable run run pass that causes both the run and the pass to fail.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I blame Loggains for not speaking up or doing what he wants and taking the heat if it doesn't work. If Fox demands yes men and what he's doing isn't right they have to know it's going to reflect on them for getting future positions. Right now Loggains' future job offers are based on he calls an extremely predictable run run pass that causes both the run and the pass to fail.

Loggains's offense is every bit as bad as the offense that John Shoop - the REAL shoopster - ran for the Bears under Dick Jauron. Shoop was out of the NFL within a couple of years of leaving the Bears. Loggains can look forward to the same fate.

Besides, even if Fox is dictating a conservative gameplan to Loggains - which the shoopster is sure he is - there is no reason for it to be as unimaginative and predictable as it is. Howard into a brick wall twice and then a 3rd and 8 throw short of the sticks isn't being mandated by Fox, it's being implemented by Loggains. He deserves the criticism every bit as much as the conservative Head Coach.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both are to blame......I don't think we will ever know to the extent of what control Fox is putting on the offense, but Trubisky hinted at it, and he knows better than any of us.

If Fox is dictating down to the player personnel packages, and I suspect he might to a degree, then he should be let go immediately. Not at the end of this year.

The players that are on the field throughout the course of the past few games have been headscratchers. Shaheen all but disappeared yesterday after he started to so promise the last game. He was on the field far less and gave up time to Sims.....WHY?

Cohen has been misused consistently and not used enough in the right areas.

The two minute drill where players were not on the field because they weren't prepared.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The two minute drill where players were not on the field because they weren't prepared.

As for the 2-minute drill controversy, is it John Fox's fault if Tarik Cohen doesn't know the playbook? Frankly, if that's the case, I applaud Fox for sitting Cohen on the bench until it does.

Instead of blaming Fox in this situation, blame Curtis Modkins, the Running Backs Coach. He doesn't have his running back ready to play . . . And blame Cohen himself.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for the 2-minute drill controversy, is it John Fox's fault if Tarik Cohen doesn't know the playbook? Frankly, if that's the case, I applaud Fox for sitting Cohen on the bench until it does.

Instead of blaming Fox in this situation, blame Curtis Modkins, the Running Backs Coach. He doesn't have his running back ready to play . . . And blame Cohen himself.

another way to spin this....because Cohen has been on the field at the end of a half game before.....is that Fox wanted vets which he is notoriously known for....

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
another way to spin this....because Cohen has been on the field at the end of a half game before.....is that Fox wanted vets which he is notoriously known for....

So he makes up a lie about a player not knowing the playbook that the player doesn't dispute?

the shoopster doesn't buy it. The 2-minute drill controversy isn't Fox's fault - it's the position players and position coaches failing at their jobs, and Fox holding them accountable. It doesn't help the team, of course, because potential impact players are sitting on the bench, but what can Fox do? . . .

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he makes up a lie about a player not knowing the playbook that the player doesn't dispute?

the shoopster doesn't buy it. The 2-minute drill controversy isn't Fox's fault - it's the position players and position coaches failing at their jobs, and Fox holding them accountable. It doesn't help the team, of course, because potential impact players are sitting on the bench, but what can Fox do? . . .

Yes, I think it was a bit bullshit, because Cohen has been out there during a two minute offense.....I think Fox does not trust rookies for the most part and would rather have vets in there that may not be as good.....I have a hard time believing Cohen doesn't know how to play in a two minute offense.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Yes, I think it was a bit bullshit, because Cohen has been out there during a two minute offense.....I think Fox does not trust rookies for the most part and would rather have vets in there that may not be as good.....I have a hard time believing Cohen doesn't know how to play in a two minute offense.

I think when your team is 3 and 7 it's time to put all that craziness aside and just play fking football with your best players. That's just me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it funny that one of the reasons they gave for Cohen not being on the final drive of the first game of the season was because he wasn't ready for the two minute offense.....same excuse for game 9......If the first few games are on Loggains not teaching him, then it is up to Fox to make it happen.....how the fuck does one of your best playmakers not know a two minute drill over halfway thru the season.....

That is on Fox.....you can only blame position coaches and offensive coordinators so long before you hold people accountable.

That is why I find Fox's explanation complete BS.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ultimately it is Fox who is responsible for his staff - But this turd is for sure on Loggains plate

When ever you beaten so soundly or lopsided they know what your doing - somehow your showing your hand on offense in base formations or something and they have read the book on you-

Its up to the O coordinator to out coach the D coordinator and Loggains got taken to the woodshed -

Thats why I like my guy Dave Toub - He never gets out coached on special teams and he is not married to any style of offense or defense so there is no bias there.

And yes Special teams uses all kinds of different type players from both sides of the ball and adjusts accordingly with offensive and defensive schemes.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Wondering and predicting who our new head coach will be, will be as fun as doing the same before the draft. That gives us all something to look forward to, unless of course Pace screws the pooch with his selection and gives us a WTF moment.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Loggains should walk up to Fox, get up on his tiptoes and punch him in the kneecap. Tell him that let him open up that playbook.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Loggains should walk up to Fox, get up on his tiptoes and punch him in the kneecap. Tell him that let him open up that playbook.

Problem with that is Loggains won't know when he's up on his tip-toes - he can't see them over his paunch . . .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
An excerpt from Bears mailbag after the Lion's game; With Trubisky comment about “what fox let’s them do” Is it safe to say he’s tying loggains hands behind his back?​

That comment was the most fascinating tidbit I’ve heard in a Bears press conference in quite some time. I don’t know if Mitch Trubisky meant to take a veiled shot at John Fox with that comment, but it certainly came across that way. And for good reason. All season long, the Bears ran the most conservative, vanilla, and worst of all, predictable offense in the NFL, and it got worse balance-wise when Trubisky was named the starter. I understand wanting to protect your inexperienced rookie quarterback, but this was borderline ridiculous.
I don’t think there’s any doubt Fox was handcuffing Dowell Loggains and influencing a run-heavy game plan. Loggains shares some blame for not doing a better job of scheming some things better in his play designs, but there’s no doubt Fox’s fingerprints were all over the conservative nature of their attack. Fox finally removed the shackles a bit against the Lions, and we saw how much better the Bears were able to move the ball.

Link to postgame presser at 2:25 regarding Fox's offens
ive restrictions

Should of hired Loggains not Nagy.

CHI(c'-')AGO

Liked Posts:
Loggains is a yes man and will continue to be one in MIA, for better or worse.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing poopster posts made me throw up a little