Akiem Hicks Backs Fox

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Monday, Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks was asked about his feelings on Fox as head coach.

“As a group and as a team, we’re 1,000 percent behind him,” Hicks said of Fox in an interview with the Mully and Hanley Show on 670 The Score.

“I would love nothing more (for Fox to be retained), because just like when there’s a continuity like defensive players that have been around each other for a while, they get better. When you have the same stable coaching group, you can’t help but to get better.”

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He also backed Cutler.

So Fox is all but gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Good. I don't think players should throw coaches under the bus and coaches shouldn't throw players under the bus. they all have sucked.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We don't pay him to be smart....

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Hicks is correct in that it's gonna suck to break apart the defesnive coaching staff. Yes Fangio draws it up, but Fox has his prints on it too I'm sure.

But drafting Trubisky #2 overall means the defensive staff is DOOMED. Fox is a goner and the new HC will surely want his own defensive staff.

Sucks, but it's probably the reality of the situation.

Liked Posts:
When talking to the media yes Hicks backs Fox up....In the locker room I believe there is a good chance Hicks hates Fox.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There is a (very) slim chance a new HC would be willing to keep the current defensive staff, or at least an experienced DC like Fangio. Especially if Pace hires an offensive minded HC...which he should.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
On Monday, Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks was asked about his feelings on Fox as head coach.

“As a group and as a team, we’re 1,000 percent behind him,” Hicks said of Fox in an interview with the Mully and Hanley Show on 670 The Score.

“I would love nothing more (for Fox to be retained), because just like when there’s a continuity like defensive players that have been around each other for a while, they get better. When you have the same stable coaching group, you can’t help but to get better.”

Lip service

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny when Hicks voiced his opinion after week 4 about the offense needing a change (QB) everybody thought Hick's comments as relevant. Sorry guys, your hero Hicks happens to have a different opinion than you about Fox. He wants him to stay here and says the whole team is 1000 percent behind him. Straight forward and to the point.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Once again, this team was undisciplined and ill prepared to play this week. Fox is a goner. Unfortunately, it won't happen until after the season. Having a new coach to go with a 2nd year QB, will give us a reason for hope next year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again, this team was undisciplined and ill prepared to play this week. Fox is a goner. Unfortunately, it won't happen until after the season. Having a new coach to go with a 2nd year QB, will give us a reason for hope next year.

Off topic

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Funny when Hicks voiced his opinion after week 4 about the offense needing a change (QB) everybody thought Hick's comments as relevant. Sorry guys, your hero Hicks happens to have a different opinion than you about Fox. He wants him to stay here and says the whole team is 1000 percent behind him. Straight forward and to the point.
Well since it is impossible to 1000% behind him I think the whole thing is hyperbole. I am 110% sure of it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Apples to oranges

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

I ok with not agreeing with the consensus of a losing team.

872N1-Q_qFJbvPmCTc1bvwa0NjY49HbUAC-F-yl2XEFyfePrnTGPthGH4C3FcYoP5Vc=w170

dennehy

Liked Posts:
"The Gormans, too, argue that ways of thinking that now seem self-destructive must at some point have been adaptive. And they, too, dedicate many pages to confirmation bias, which, they claim, has a physiological component. They cite research suggesting that people experience genuine pleasure—a rush of dopamine—when processing information that supports their beliefs. “It feels good to ‘stick to our guns’ even if we are wrong,” they observe."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/why-facts-dont-change-our-minds