Tre McBride has been waived

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Worthless

Wasn't any good and not part of 2018 anyway.

In fact.....i can see 2 wr being kept around next year

Inman as the #3 /slot guy
Bellamy as the #5/ st guy

Means we need 2 starting outside at and a #4 guy (someone who is active and can play slot and outside).

Not too much to ask in one offseason.

Meredith is your 2.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn one of the studs Tribs threw too

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meredith will be back, White will be in camp, Inman will make the team. I would guess, hope, pray, that they pick up 2 in FA and draft another in the 1st or 2nd and another mid round. I hope they don’t depend on White for anything much again.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the McBride move is to bring back White, I can only imagine it's because they want to see if he can stay healthy for 5 games and do anything worthwhile before they decide whether he's worth bringing back.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It won't be White coming back this year. He's far too brittle to be healed enough to play. White better be looked at as a #5 or #6 WR option on this team next year. He's worthless.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If the McBride move is to bring back White, I can only imagine it's because they want to see if he can stay healthy for 5 games and do anything worthwhile before they decide whether he's worth bringing back.

which makes perfect sense.. give trubisky a real WR and see how he does and also if White can play more then a few games before getting hurt again..

baredown

Liked Posts:
How did everyone somehow get onboard with Bellamy still being around?

I'm seriously curious.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Might as well be asking why Sherrick McManis will probably still be around next year when he can't cover anyone. The answer for both is that they are core ST players who fill in at WR/DB when too many guys ahead of them are hurt, or too new, or just playing badly. Quit thinking of Bellamy as a WR. Start thinking of him as a core ST player who fills in at WR when things get desperate. Unfortunately, things have been desperate at WR for the whole year, and Bellamy has ended up playing WR way more than the #6 WR/ST-guy should. Blame the other five WRs for that.

If you want to get rid of Bellamy, fine. But he's going to be replaced with another ST guy who fills in at WR in a pinch. And that guy has to be a better ST player than Bellamy, not a better WR...

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is great! It frees up time for "Mucus" Wheaton . . .

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Dumb and Dumber is running the Bears. Just when you thought they could not possibly get more stupid with their decisions they decide to cut one of our better looking wide receivers.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I wonder if something happened between him and the organization. Did this have anything to do with the locker room arguments reported in the past days? Maybe his lack of playing time isn't because of stupid coaching, maybe he was in the doghouse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
#1 FA?
#2 Meredith
#3 Inman
#4 Draft?
#5 Bellamy

If we draft a guy who slots behind Meredith and Inman, it is a waste of a pick.

They’re OK. But if getting a guy less talented, why waste the pick?