Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • Bears

8 40.00%
  • Niners

6 30.00%
  • Trap game for sure, but for who?

5 25.00%
  • Either way, let's put up more Billboards.

1 5.00%
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to pound the ball and we win. MT only needs to pass 25 times. Let the run game and defense win it. Pass enough to run and to let Trubs get more experience but let Howard get 25-30 touches and we win.
    You apparently don't follow this board.

You're basing the number of throws on what is best to win the game. When the Bears have done that - and won - everyone here bitched.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TL1961 View Post
    I pity those who live with such intolerance. The very people who think and/or claim they are "patriotic" actually have zero respect or tolerance for others exercising their freedoms.
    That's not what Hawk's saying at all though. Hawk said they can kneel if they want to; it's their right (post 23). It's also Hawk's right to not watch anymore if he doesn't agree with what they're doing.

Hawk is fully supporting their freedom to protest, he just believes their reasons for protest are ill-informed.

Three decades in the military.
    Zero issue with kneeling.

Bears win today... Mitch will be perfect!

PS: I’m a Bear Homer!!!!
    Bear Down
    "Just remember... No matter where you go... There you are"
    Mike Brady

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monster For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congratulations Hawk... You've managed to find a way to ruin an in game thread BEFORE the Bears did. Good job ya big dork.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackDitka54 View Post
    That's not what Hawk's saying at all though. Hawk said they can kneel if they want to; it's their right (post 23). It's also Hawk's right to not watch anymore if he doesn't agree with what they're doing.

Hawk is fully supporting their freedom to protest, he just believes their reasons for protest are ill-informed.
    I know exactly what he is saying. If you exercise your right to speech, I can exercise my right to not watch. True. My entire point is that so many are so upset that others DARE exercise their free speech.

I am not going to stop eating at a restaurant because the owner has a sign on his property supporting the candidate I am voting against. I am not turning off the TV because the lead actor appeared at a rally for "the other guy". Etc.

Doing so is essentially saying all businesses, actors, etc should automatically have only 50% of the population to draw from as customers, thus deterring the very free speech we cherish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TL1961 For This Useful Post:

A mutli TD game from Mako Mitch would be really nice today.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Briggs is GOAT For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TL1961 View Post
    I know exactly what he is saying. If you exercise your right to speech, I can exercise my right to not watch. True. My entire point is that so many are so upset that others DARE exercise their free speech.

I am not going to stop eating at a restaurant because the owner has a sign on his property supporting the candidate I am voting against. I am not turning off the TV because the lead actor appeared at a rally for "the other guy". Etc.

Doing so is essentially saying all businesses, actors, etc should automatically have only 50% of the population to draw from as customers, thus deterring the very free speech we cherish.
    I hear ya. It happens pretty often whenever a business takes a stand on a certain political issue, they usually get blasted by a good chunk of their customer base. I think that's a cool aspect of the free market though; consumers can "vote" with their dollar. I personally think companies like Chick-Fil-A, Target, and the NFL should just stay out of all the political nonsense and just provide the goods/services that they're there for, but they can do what they want obviously.

Oh yeah, Bear Down, Green Bay sucks, etc etc.

THE WALL Warden of the Northeast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs is GOAT View Post
    A mutli TD game from Mako Mitch would be really nice today.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Warden of the Northeast For This Useful Post:

I don't really care who wins and loses.

But God do I hope that Trubisky plays better than Jimmy G.

My mental health cannot handle that nugget.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WindyCity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Warden of the Northeast View Post
    I was hoping you'd see this and post it. That's my favorite nickname for him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Briggs is GOAT For This Useful Post:

Amos inactive. Trev is back.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post

Yep. Hope you got some Xanax on deck though. Love Trubisky, but odds are against him outperforming Garoppollo. Jimmy has more experience albeit fewer NFL starts at this point. Jimmy also actually probably has better WRs despite missing Garcon. And he's playing against a depleted safety group and against what is now a weak pass rushing unit. I still believe in Mitch, but this has a chance to be a very ugly game between bad teams, and I just think Garoppollo is less likely to make a big mistake in what should be a close game.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rawdawg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Adipost View Post
    It’s gonna be fooking hilarious when the Bears vs. 49ers game day thread gets moved to the political sub forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    Congratulations Hawk... You've managed to find a way to ruin an in game thread BEFORE the Bears did. Good job ya big dork.

I miss him already.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to number51 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post

I miss him already.
    Did he get a permavisit to California do you know?

Seemed you liked going round with him, funny how pissed he would get.

Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
    Yep. Hope you got some Xanax on deck though. Love Trubisky, but odds are against him outperforming Garoppollo. Jimmy has more experience albeit fewer NFL starts at this point. Jimmy also actually probably has better WRs despite missing Garcon. And he's playing against a depleted safety group and against what is now a weak pass rushing unit. I still believe in Mitch, but this has a chance to be a very ugly game between bad teams, and I just think Garoppollo is less likely to make a big mistake in what should be a close game.
    I just worry it is going to distract from how pathetic a coaching job we are seeing.

CCS Donator westcoast bear fanatic's Avatar

Frankly the dysfunction of losing to the Niners at home and the speculation if Fox will be fired tomorrow and the showers of boos from a half empty stadium sounds more entertaining than squeaking out a win against a 1-10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post

I'm with you! I can't handle the whining and bitching that will engulf this board if Jimmy G plays well and Mitch doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast bear fanatic View Post
    Frankly the dysfunction of losing to the Niners at home and the speculation if Fox will be fired tomorrow and the showers of boos from a half empty stadium sounds more entertaining than squeaking out a win against a 1-10 team.
    Beating a dead horse here.....there is no advantage to firing Fox at this point. We had a long discussion last week, and I get that many want to "give Vic a chance". But who here truly thinks hiring Fangio as HC long-term is a good strategy? If you don't want him long-term, having him serve as interim has risk with no reward.

But we can defer the Fire Fox discussion for three hours. I want a new coach next year. A new coach next week does nothing for us. (Other than to relieve any anxiety we may have that they could actually retain him for next year. But that is not happening.)

Bold Prediction #1: Jimmy G does not finish the game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bold prediction: Bears score TWO touchdowns today, but still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    If any Bear's players take a knee or sit during the anthem, I will never watch a single Bear's game, either in person or on TV. ANd there are a lot of my friends who like other teams who will do the same thing. I have some guys from Pittsburgh who stopped watching Steeler games because of their actions. When the Steelers pretty much stayed in the tunnel while the anthem was played and made their army veteran LT apologize for standing at attention outside of the tunnel, it was their last straw.
    I would have to say that's extremely petty. I mean what you feel the Star Spangled Banner represents may be far off from what others feel it represents, and in truth, it really is when you look at what the song and lyrics meant to the man who wrote it. Fearing he'd see the Union Jack raised at Fort McHenry w/British ships firing at it overnight, he instead saw an oversized American flag by the dawn's early light. The words were written with a swell of pride that his people, a free people, had successfully and honorably defended their homeland from the tyranny of Britain. The song specifically celebrates those brave and free Americans for maintaining that freedom and then people like you shit on the rights of those free people while they exercise that freedom.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartan For This Useful Post:

If Gould kicks a game winner imma gonna scream.
    "Just remember... No matter where you go... There you are"
    Mike Brady

34. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast