Fixing the WR position

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I don't get your point then. Are you saying I can't define success as those players performing well or I can't define success as those guys performing well because the team isn't performing well?

And I also didn't say they all were a huge success. I said "varying levels of success". Some have been OK. Some have been above average. When healthy Sitton, Trevathan, and Freeman have been great (though I fully acknowledge they haven't been healthy or not suspended enough). So yes, I define success as being good at football. Don't understand what you are arguing.

We speaking of Ryan pace, the term "success" should never be used when the conversation is about FA. That is my point.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A for effort, I guess...

But why would LA go through the trouble of giving up a 2nd round pick in a trade and letting the guy walk a few months later? We'd all have torches and pitchforks out of Ryan Pace or if any Bears GM did something like that.

The Rams willl also have 48 mil in salary cap going into the offseason.

I'm going to go out on a limb here: He's not leaving LA.

All of the Rams fans I’ve spoken to seem to think they will let Watkins walk. Not a good fit with Goff, his 3rd option.

You're probably right. And it's not like they have a bunch of other guys they need to lock up either, it's Watkins and Trumaine Johnson.

Aaron Donald.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If they don't get a good OC, they could load up with #1 WR st every spot and still suck.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Sammy Watkins is an actual possibility at this point, I thought I’ll post some of his plays from December and the playoffs. And awayyy we go!

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Sammy Watkins
D.J Moore in the 2nd to be our #3.

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Cameron Meredith
3. D.J Moore
4. Kendall Wright
5. Dontrelle Inman
6. Kevin White

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade first round to Cincy for AJ Green.
Trade second round to Pittsburgh for Antonio Brown.
Trade fourth round to New England for Gronk.

Problem solved.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Since Sammy Watkins is an actual possibility at this point, I thought I’ll post some of his plays from December and the playoffs. And awayyy we go!
Ram free agents Watkins AND Johnson that would be sweet.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
All of the Rams fans I’ve spoken to seem to think they will let Watkins walk. Not a good fit with Goff, his 3rd option.

The rams fans you've spoken with are idiots. Its not solely a WRs job only to put up statistics via catching and receiving. Blocking, decoy routes, and other scheme specific functions to open up secondary, tertiary, and other reads for the quarterback, and he was absolutely necessary for that. He altered the run game, he constantly gave Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp 1 on 1 opportunities and they took advantage of it.

That, and rams fans you've spoken with apparently don't understand that it would be grossly incompetent management to spend a 2nd round draft pick on a 1 year rental. We'd all be slaughtering Ryan Pace right now if he dropped a high draft pick on a one year rental just to let him walk.

Long story short, don't look at the stat sheet and draw your conclusion from that alone that "he's not a good fit" for Goff. He was targeted 70 times last season and Goff took an enormous step in quarterback development in not forcing what's not there on a constantly covered WR. When Kupp and Woods won their 1 on 1s with CB2 and Nickel CBs, they got the ball. That's what you want your offense to do, move the ball. Watkins didn't have stats, but he clearly played his part.

And there's that thing where fans don't make roster decisions; I mean--it should have to be stated but evidently we have to because you talked to a guy who's opinion is that he/she doesn't think they'll keep a playmaker. In trading for Peters, Trumaine Johnson is a goner, meaning Joyner and Watkins can both be safely retained with the 52 million the rams are walking into the offseason with before cuts.

He's slated to be a free agent for now, but I wouldn't bet he's going to hit the market, especially after Landry was tagged and the move LA's GM just made.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trade first round to Cincy for AJ Green.
Trade second round to Pittsburgh for Antonio Brown.
Trade fourth round to New England for Gronk.

Problem solved.

How about Ryan Pace places a bet with Falcons owner Arthur Blank and they do the ghost pepper challenge for Julio Jones.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stays on the West Coast.
Plays with a more experienced QB
And, last, but not least, SF has more cap space.

I don't think they have more cap space with how they set up Jimmy G's contract.

But I also think SF could be the leader in that market.