7 Days to Die

AussieBear

also when i say headshot.. its multiple headshots per irradiated.. and i shoot them on the ground after the fact for good measure.. ive had some get up after a few shots to the dome.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wooden spike spamming really does make it a bit too easy.... the inside of my perimeter walls looks a bit like your base, then I changed my tact trying to do something different.

I would like to see them modify the wood spike traps in the future so they function more as you would expect and impale zombies.... but then as a horde hit spike traps they would collapse under the weight and/or only 1 or 2 zombies could be "trapped" and the others would climb over them.

Spawning needs alot of work.... on my island base they can spawn fine on the land in the direction im facing in my pictures, but like 50% of my base is up against the water or there is only a short stretch of land between my perimeter and the water. The zombies don't seem to spawn in the water nor on the bits of land in between.... so I pretty much get 100% spawn in one area and I know where they will attack.... often they spawn right inside my perimeter walls where I'm standing in the pictures and they try climbing my ladder so I put a shotgun turret covering the ladder and right where they spawn if they spawn inside.

Would be cool to have water spawned zombies who come walking or floating up out of the water....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
also when i say headshot.. its multiple headshots per irradiated.. and i shoot them on the ground after the fact for good measure.. ive had some get up after a few shots to the dome.

I had 2 irradiated zombies who were just torso and head last night lol.... I had to pop them like 3-4 more times before they would die so the horde night could continue.

That is another flaw of the spawning system.... it seems to get to a point where it won't proceed spawning for horde night unless all the previous wave has been killed.

So you can cheat and just leave a couple alive and wait until 6.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aussie.... should go into creative mode and build Isengard from LOTR lol

AussieBear

Aussie.... should go into creative mode and build Isengard from LOTR lol

good luck with that.. my horde base was suppose to light up on top but having to mix concrete and glass put me off.

isengard...shiiieet....that shit would take too long.. too big.. ive even abandoned me desert build because the scale was multiplying.

i have been wasting the past couple of game days trying to build a small suspended base between two mountain peaks.. my first attempt failed due to structural integrity issues.. i got the beams to connect but just a few blocks of weight on top and it came crashing down.. it was a perfect location but just too wide. so i found a different spot but its requiring a shit load of digging. the auger and tnt are handy but its still a lot of dirt and rock that needs moved.. the actual base is minimal.. i want to see how the zombies react.. the two ends that suspend will have areas cut out around the non beam sides.. so if they want to reach those they will fall.. and fall far.. and if they are under me.. they will have about 16-20 campfires roaring.. trying to go spikeless... or at least minimal spikes..

AussieBear

horde 147 and im finally done.. nearly 200 hrs in.... i had me fill and then some.

147 was the most zombies ever for sure.. no cheap spike spam and walls in their way.. no area spawn trap issues... i had minimal spikes for a fall trap and that was about it.. i even gave them a path to get to me.. except they couldnt get to me.. they cant walk on offset beams.. path finding looks for centered beams and they just fall and miss the beam completely.. set to a max of 64 zombies and no spike traps/walls made the fight last til 6 am.. id shoot and have to repair my bulletproof glass nest from time to time.. vomiting cops were wearing at me glass.. other than them. they had no chance..

i died twice in the building of the base but the actually attack couldnt kill me..

AussieBear

dis damn game was aids.. i haven't been able to play shit since going on dat autistic binge.. it refocused me brain to actually do sum work..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
dis damn game was aids.. i haven't been able to play shit since going on dat autistic binge.. it refocused me brain to actually do sum work..

I can't stop looking at things everywhere I go and wondering either what loot they might hold or what I could get from deconstructing them with my wrench....

AussieBear

I can't stop looking at things everywhere I go and wondering either what loot they might hold or what I could get from deconstructing them with my wrench....

offset beams mane.. you could make some elaborate fall traps with that strategy....

i still cant play games.. thanks man..... but 7 days gives me an idea for my own zombie game one day.. one of the lesser kinds though.. the kind where you will be the zombie.. but thatll be down the road somewhere after me crab tank i wanna make somewhere. maybe itll juss be a boss somewhere.. but who doesnt wanna be a crab with cannons bolted on it back..

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
offset beams mane.. you could make some elaborate fall traps with that strategy....

i still cant play games.. thanks man..... but 7 days gives me an idea for my own zombie game one day.. one of the lesser kinds though.. the kind where you will be the zombie.. but thatll be down the road somewhere after me crab tank i wanna make somewhere. maybe itll juss be a boss somewhere.. but who doesnt wanna be a crab with cannons bolted on it back..

And how about a shark that shoots fire out of it's eyes?

AussieBear

And how about a shark that shoots fire out of it's eyes?

would the water put it out?

i do need ideas.. about to start a new platformer course.. then i really need to get back to 3d modeling n up me skills... for side scrolling 2.5/3d fun.. before moving on to full 3d n me crab shat.. crabbies bad shell day.. may stay at side scroller for awhile though.. just need ideas

idk if anyone has played trine but i like the swordsman with his shield as a main.. some sort of ghost and goblins remake sounds fun..

but i need something a lil more different.. like the avg joe who gets fucked ova by sum big insurance company and decides to go postal on big biz scum.. with some sick angle where you kidnap them then torture them.. idk sumin fucked up..

...i do have a feminazi game in me head.. fighting a chick who is throwing bloody tampons at you seems funny.. can also cover.. vanity.. some big lipped chick squirting silicon bullets out da boobs...... da gold digger.... snowflake.. succubus..

thought about doing a top down 2.5d remake of cannon fodder eventually too...

just simple fun games to play.. not much thinking.. just go.. jump, shoot, combos blahs blahs..

idk mane.. long way to go regardless

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would the water put it out?

i do need ideas.. about to start a new platformer course.. then i really need to get back to 3d modeling n up me skills... for side scrolling 2.5/3d fun.. before moving on to full 3d n me crab shat.. crabbies bad shell day.. may stay at side scroller for awhile though.. just need ideas

idk if anyone has played trine but i like the swordsman with his shield as a main.. some sort of ghost and goblins remake sounds fun..

but i need something a lil more different.. like the avg joe who gets fucked ova by sum big insurance company and decides to go postal on big biz scum.. with some sick angle where you kidnap them then torture them.. idk sumin fucked up..

...i do have a feminazi game in me head.. fighting a chick who is throwing bloody tampons at you seems funny.. can also cover.. vanity.. some big lipped chick squirting silicon bullets out da boobs...... da gold digger.... snowflake.. succubus..

thought about doing a top down 2.5d remake of cannon fodder eventually too...

just simple fun games to play.. not much thinking.. just go.. jump, shoot, combos blahs blahs..

idk mane.. long way to go regardless

The bold is me the last year and a half, only the postal part is missing for now (so far). The Dept. of Labor has stepped in and placed injunctions so maybe they'll have to pay some of the 50k in bills.

AussieBear

The bold is me the last year and a half, only the postal part is missing for now (so far). The Dept. of Labor has stepped in and placed injunctions so maybe they'll have to pay some of the 50k in bills.

didnt know that.. insurance be a scam man.. feel for ye.. gl with that.. youd understand me game n the need to capture and torture da fucks..

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
didnt know that.. insurance be a scam man.. feel for ye.. gl with that.. youd understand me game n the need to capture and torture da fucks..

Oh, I HAVE IDEAS for you.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok so I am about to hit my 7 day horde on this new play thru.

After the debacle with my RandomGen where I was on day 77 I started fresh in the premade Navezgane map.

I found a house with same design as my last base, but this one is in the snow biome at the top of a hill and it is not on an island like my last one.

Having done this before I was able to get a jump on many things.... I had a forge on day 1, I had iron tools by day 2, and I have invested in the right skills for resource gathering and in order to get to Steel smithing as quickly as possible.

For day 7 horde I have done a 2-deep line of wood spike traps around the entire base with a midpoint opening in the traps on each side and behind that opening is a line of 5 spike traps which will catch the zombies as they naturally go for the hole in the lines.

In front of the spike traps is a trench dug around the entire perimeter which contained the wood log spikes so they have to hit those first and then the spike traps.

I am going to try to keep my perimeter much smaller for this base so when I do walls they can be less time consuming to build/maintain and easier to build walkways to the walls once I build them and I can expand defenses as I go but I should be able to add the same defenses to each side because it is much smaller.

I figure I build a keep of sorts with a spike moat and I will build a drawbridge and if I get ambitious I may build an outer set of walls .

I also plan to build up mostly with a few levels of farming sitting on wood frames above my house.... I've never tried this in snow biome, but I am betting as long as you lay down plains ground and till the soil and fertilize it, the game don't care.... but we'll see.

Food has been an issue thus far, but I am surviving.

My big hope is to find nitrate in large quantities in my mine under my base since I am in the snow biome.

I am probably like 3-4 weeks ahead of where I was in my original Random play thru.

AussieBear

i prefer the cold and drinking cans of boiled water.. never grew anything in the snow other than trees..

any new released updates fer the game?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i prefer the cold and drinking cans of boiled water.. never grew anything in the snow other than trees..

any new released updates fer the game?

Eh boiled water in the can doesn't stack.

If you were drinking it for the warmth, better off just farming/making lots of coffee and bottled water.... both stack.

No major updates yet to my knowledge.... I have not been paying attention to their development.... when another version is released I will just be pleasantly surprised and/or infuriated that I must abandon my games.

AussieBear

Eh boiled water in the can doesn't stack.

If you were drinking it for the warmth, better off just farming/making lots of coffee and bottled water.... both stack.

No major updates yet to my knowledge.... I have not been paying attention to their development.... when another version is released I will just be pleasantly surprised and/or infuriated that I must abandon my games.

i had a chest just fer me special can water.. dont hate the boil water n its case.. it was annoying boiling it though.. as you said it didnt stack.. so u basically had to sit there and collect them as they came out.. once it got to 6 it would stop producing if not.. but i usually did this before the horde came.. warming up nexx to da fire.. drinking boiled can water.. preparing to slay anything that moved.. more ritual than practicals..

i gotta go at least a year before i can pick that game back up..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i had a chest just fer me special can water.. dont hate the boil water n its case.. it was annoying boiling it though.. as you said it didnt stack.. so u basically had to sit there and collect them as they came out.. once it got to 6 it would stop producing if not.. but i usually did this before the horde came.. warming up nexx to da fire.. drinking boiled can water.. preparing to slay anything that moved.. more ritual than practicals..

i gotta go at least a year before i can pick that game back up..

Horde night is kinda weird in snow biome.... doesn't have the same feel.... in plains biome it is like a storm.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will add my day 7 horde was easy to handle with just a decent layering of spike traps.

One problem I find is with traps/log spikes in trenches the zombies often wind up legless and if they don't die they wind up in a spot and they just destroy the terrain around them.... I can replace it, but then I have to go down inside a spike pit... trying to think of ways to ensure they can't do that.