Mlb transactions

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well sure I agree that as presently constituted they don't really need Arrieta. I'm just saying they aren't really even close to the luxury tax. They've specifically built in enough room to have some flexibility at the trade deadline in case a need arises. In other words, they aren't over and aren't likely to go over unless an absolutely amazing opportunity arises. For example, I can see the argument that if for whatever reason harper/machado are trade deadline pieces and can be had at reasonable prices that maybe at that point you consider going a head and dipping over the luxury tax. I'm not confident that the prices will be low enough for either of those two should it come to that but that's just the sort of "what if" scenario I could see potentially happening.

More likely what you'll see is them target a reliever of some description though I'm not even entirely confident they will need to do that. If Smyly's rehab goes well he'll be a really interesting LH reliever out of no where. And guys like Alzolay and De La Cruz could potentially offer them interesting RH options. De La Cruz might be pushing things a bit but given he's already on the 40 man and given if healthy he has already shown the ability to throw 2 good pitches with control it wouldn't be shocking to see him called up late in the season.

We will have to see where they end up assigning guys in the minors. I’m guessing that they keep guys at the levels they ended up at if they did a partial season at that level.

So Underwood would be ahead of Alzolay on the promotion chart. The others stuttered at Tenn and really have something to prove to move up as a starter.

I would say that Alzolay should be at Iowa at some point early in the season and be a option like Tseng was but I don’t see him bumping Tseng off yet.

With Yu being signed I’m of the opinion that they should stock pile to trade for Coleme anyways. Makes more sense to stack the 7-9th inning.