Weak 13: Robbie Gould 15, Bears 14 - the shoopster breaks it down . . .

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Man if what you're saying is true, then Lynch should quit as GM and just go pick some lottery numbers. He was prescient enough to realize Bellicheck would find himself backed into a corner? Really? So every other GM in the NFL didn't see it, but god like Lynch did? I don't know man you might be reaching there.
I may get the all 22s, as usual the CBS broadcast is terrible. Fox is so much better than CBS and it's not even close.
It looked to me like Trubs had the pocket closing in on nearly every play, and I saw a couple times where at least 2 receivers were in the same place at the same time.
If you're saying the difference in how these two offenses looked today was solely on the QB, well I gotta disagree strongly. Ad if JG missed on 30% of his throws (not saying that's terrible), then yeah he could've had a few high, low, and just plain off.
Again I'll have to see the all 22s, but I highly doubt that the "breakdown of the offensive plays is all on Trubs".

Maybe lynch didn't know that Jimmy g would be available but he probably didn't think trubs was good and he would rather fleece the bears and go for a qb in the stacked 2018 draft. And jimmy g just happened to be available midseason so he decided it might be a lower risk trading a second for a qb who learned from brady and belichick than drafting one. All that matters his trubs and and jimmy g's careers will always be compared with each other.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...winning-without-rodgers-broncos-get-an-f/amp/

[https://sports-cbsimg-net]Bears: D

The Bears have had some ugly offensive performances this season, but this one might have been the worst and possibly the most embarrassing. In a game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, the Bears were able to muster only 147 yards, which was shockingly bad, even for the Bears. The yardage total marked just the second time since 1990 that the Bears didn't crack the 150-yard mark in a home game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is getting lost amidst the frustration - the fact that the Bears gained 147 yards against one of the worst defii (ol: defense) in the NFL. Not merely because of play calling. But also because they were listless and uninspired.

Howard ran like he was sleepwalking. Trubisky was going through the motions. fox is a master deceiver, and he is keeping the discontent under wraps the best he can, but when young players come out and sleepwalk their way through games, there is a serious morale issue. whether the McCaskeys have their silly rules or not, Pace can't afford to continue to ignore this and let these bad habits develop in his bonus babies over the last four games of the season. A message has to be sent that checking out is not acceptable. Fox is the natural suspect, but Loggains will do . . .

Last edited:

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
“I’m honestly extremely disappointed in this season,” Pace said. “But I’m honestly excited going forward. My message to Bears fans is simple: We’re going to get better. We WILL improve. I hear you. But I also understand this is just talk and we’ve got to show actions. We’ve got to show results. I fully get that… .

“My promise to Bears fans, and I really mean this: There’s not a moment that goes by that we’re both not consumed with getting this right. This is unacceptable. It’s painful to deal with. I get it. We’re going to get better. There’s a lot of young players that are going to improve. There’s a lot of players coming back that are going to help us. There’s a lot of things we can do this offseason to make us better.”

I can’t wait to hear what he says this year.
He's gonna blame injuries

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's gonna blame injuries

That's on Pace too. The Bears have been the most injured team in the NFL the last three years, since Pace took over and allowed John Fox to hire his friend Jason George from Denver as Strength and Conditioning Coach. It's clear George can't keep the team healthy (3 years is no longer an unlucky curse and is most certainly a pattern). Yet George is still here.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. The Bears are as insane as they come . . .

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Maybe lynch didn't know that Jimmy g would be available but he probably didn't think trubs was good and he would rather fleece the bears and go for a qb in the stacked 2018 draft. And jimmy g just happened to be available midseason so he decided it might be a lower risk trading a second for a qb who learned from brady and belichick than drafting one. All that matters his trubs and and jimmy g's careers will always be compared with each other.

Lots of maybes and probablys happening. Look, I don't think Pace has made any moves that say he's a great GM, and yeah he's had misses. That being said, nobody knows what Mitch will be yet, and the idea that Lynch could see the future well enough to A: not go for a QB (which wasn't on his immediate needs list anyway), and B: conned Pace into giving up picks to move up so C: he could get his dream QB from either the Pats (cuz again crystal ball and all) or D: he could get one of the amazing QBs in the 2018 class (same crystal ball apparently), is so completely ridiculous it's nearly funny. If all these things are true, get the John Lynch wing at Canton ready now, cuz that man's gonna need his own damn wing for sure.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I’d prefer to see Jimmy G’s performance when not having all day to throw. Let’s be real, 49er’s pocket > Bears pocket, by a landslide.

All 22 footage to pick out missed receivers can be misleading too. You literally need to cut and paste time stamped frames to figure out if there are missed opportunities from the QB level.

If you are spending your time breaking down film that much, impress me with you knowledge then. I’ll call bullshit until it’s posted.

2 fumbles sounds bad, but the strip sack was a fluke play that should’ve had a flag thrown. He also grabbed a pretty errant snap earlier in the game too.

IHATETHEBEARS

Liked Posts:
"If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace and John Fox are 12-and-32 since taking control of the bunch of bums currently calling themselves Chicago Bears.

With the latest ignominious loss to the 1-and-10 San Francisco 49ers, Fox becomes the losingest Head Coach in a history full of shitty ones, falling behind the infamous Abe Gibron in winning percentage. He did so while leading a lackadaisical effort against one of the worst teams in the NFL, succumbing to 15-to-14 against a team that didn't score a touchdown. Thus does the shoopster break it down . . .

. . . Last week, the shoopster vowed to up the pressure on bonus baby "Frisky" Mitch Trubisky. The resultant truth-telling on Trubisky's happy feet and poor mechanics led to a week's worth of hand-wringing from Bear apologists, but the shoospter has to call it as only he can possibly see it. Against the 49ers, Trubisky seemed to have cleaned up his act a bit, but he was nonetheless listless against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Following up on last week's sloppy effort, The Frisky One looked uninspired yet again. This is becoming a troubling pattern. Either Trubisky just doesn't have the fire to be a leader in the NFL or he had it and the conservative playcalling of Duh-well Loggains has sapped it from within him. Either way, Trubisky looks like he's already given up. There can be no denying the fact that this quarterback doesn't look like a leader of men on the field. That as much as anything else is a troubling indicator about whether he has what he needs to succeed in his chosen profession.

By the numbers, Trubisky was 12-for-15 for 100 yards and 1 TD. Eight games into his NFL career, these pedestrian stat numbers are another troubling indicator. Once again, Trubisky did not show any flashes of brilliance in this listless performance. He is merely executing the poorly-conceived orders of Loggains. So the Bears spent a #2 pick on a game manager who's won 2 of 8 starts? Yes, he's a rookie; yes, he needs time, but the intagibles - the leadership skills, the physical "wow" factor, the ability to elevate the play of anyone around him: Trubisky hasn't shown any of that yet. Concern continues . . .

. . . Against a the 49ers 28th ranked defense missing two starters, Jordan "Hubba Hubba" Howard turned in a stinker. Howard did not look to be running with purpose. And of course he brought his stone hands to the screen passing game. Howard as well is troubling, a youngster who should be bringing his A-game every week yet seems strangely distant at times. His running mate, Tarik "The Freak" Cohen, continued to get looks out of the backfield, which essentially prompted holding penalties. It added up to another non-existent rungame from the team that boasts the number 4 rusher in the NFL, and a mismatch on time of possession that left a bad Bear defense even more vulnerable . . .

. . . About that defense, a loss to one of the worst offii (pl: offense) should put to rest the incessant babbling of Bear apologists insisting they must - AT ALL COSTS - hold onto blowhard Defensive Coordinator Vic Fangio. "Vaunted" Vic came out of the tunnel with a conservative, pussy-fied gameplan that relied on soft coverage and 3 down linemen rushing a new quarterback and a bad 49er offense. For his part, Jimmy Garropolo took advantage, picking the Bears apart across the middle of the field, where the injury-riddled Bears were forced to start a piece of garbage off the street called a "Prosinksy." While Bear fans rave about the idiosycratic Fangio, his defense has given up 20 or more points in 9 of 12 games, hardly the mark of a "MUST HAVE" coordinator. Hopefully, today's flaccid performance has convinced the Fangio fanatics what the rest of us already know - it's time to go . . .

. . . The biggest problem with the Bears losing to a 1-and-10 team was that they looked flat doing it. It is clear that this team has given up on John Fox. Are they going to be allowed to listlessly play out the string these final four games and continue to insult the intelligence and dedication of Bear fans? Despite the McCaskeys' policy of not making coaching changes in mid-season, prudence dictates one must occur in order to restore a sense of accountability to a team that clearly doesn't give a "rip" anymore. Obviously, the crotchety, arrogant Fox is the deserved target, but if Ryan Pace remains too scared to make a move, then Duh-well Loggains will make an appropriate substitute. His offense is hurting the development of the franchise quarterback, the workhorse running back, and the defense by continuing to put them in difficult if not impossible situations.

Black Monday won't cut it. It's time to make a move.

Oh Shoopster, how I have missed thee. Sheesh! (not the poster) that is quite a damning assessment.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I’d prefer to see Jimmy G’s performance when not having all day to throw. Let’s be real, 49er’s pocket > Bears pocket, by a landslide.

All 22 footage to pick out missed receivers can be misleading too. You literally need to cut and paste time stamped frames to figure out if there are missed opportunities from the QB level.

If you are spending your time breaking down film that much, impress me with you knowledge then. I’ll call bullshit until it’s posted.

2 fumbles sounds bad, but the strip sack was a fluke play that should’ve had a flag thrown. He also grabbed a pretty errant snap earlier in the game too.
The 49ers had one win before today lol, why are we making excuses.

billwade

Liked Posts:
The switch would probably be easy. I guess all your doing is taking a LB and turning him into a de. The only thing you lose some exotic blitzes but doesn't seem that is a problem with this unit because they aren't doing any. If you are switching to a 4-3 now would be a good time to do it.

You're right. i see Leonard Floyd in the Roosevelt Colvin role where he ended up being a 5th pass rusher a lot of the time.

Bronko

Liked Posts:
That's on Pace too. The Bears have been the most injured team in the NFL the last three years, since Pace took over and allowed John Fox to hire his friend Jason George from Denver as Strength and Conditioning Coach. It's clear George can't keep the team healthy (3 years is no longer an unlucky curse and is most certainly a pattern). Yet George is still here.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. The Bears are as insane as they come . . .

I am also disappointed to read about players spending more time and energy on social media stunts and boasting -- and quarreling -- than focusing on their jobs. The rot from the head has spread, and a cheerful "Who Gives a F?" attitude reigns supreme.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would imagine if you asked 10 NFL coaches last offseason (or right now for that matter) whether they would rather have Garoppolo or Trubisky on their roster, all ten would pick Garoppolo. In the offseason, both SF and Chicago needed a QB. Lynch conned Pace into giving up a 3rd round pick to move up one place when there was no need to. Lynch also was prescient enough to realize Belichick was going to find himself backed into a tighter corner with Garoppolo as the season progressed. So in essence, Lynch got the better of the two Qbs for a 2nd round pick and picked up a third in the process.

As for your breakdown, the stats say otherwise. Again, with 3 weeks preparation, Shanahan felt comfortable enough to let Garoppolo throw it 37 times, and he completed 70% of those passes, so your observation that "I saw Jimmy miss throws high and low, and miss wide open guys too, " isn't confirmed by the stat line. I admit this is subjective, but I don't think there is any question Garoppolo looked like an NFL caliber QB

Trubisky on the other hand looked the same as he has every game it the past. He was not pressured significantly or often. He simply is not seeing the field. If you subscribe to the 22s you'll see what I'm talking about. He's not anticipating his receivers coming open, and he's missing those that are wide open. He also isn't sensing where the pressure is coming from very well. As for the playcalling, Loggains is calling standard passing plays that all NFL teams using. You may question the timing, but there's nothing wrong with the construction of the plays themselves. In many cases, the breakdown is all on Trubisky.

look, I hope he improves, but right now, it looks like Garoppolo for a 2nd and getting a third is a much better deal than trubisky and a third.

LMAO!!! If this were the case, Belichick would have easily gotten a 1st round pick for Garoppolo. But carry on making shit up.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trubisky had a 117 QB rating today. Completed 12 of 15 passes, with 2 drops. WTF was he supposed to do to look like a stud with 15 fucking pass attempts? Bears fans don't deserve nice things.

Trubisky has a 75 passer rating this year. Did we expect much better with this shit show of a team and lack of receivers.

I'm not a Trubisky apologist. He needs to continue to get better, and he's not there yet.

But Shoopster devoting two paragraphs to bad-talking him in a game where he went 12 of 15 and a TD, while calling him "uninspired", "troubling", "listless" and saying he appears to have already given up, I have to ask to Shoopster: What the fuck are you watching?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has a 75 passer rating this year. Did we expect much better with this shit show of a team and lack of receivers.

I'm not a Trubisky apologist. He needs to continue to get better, and he's not there yet.

But devoting two paragraphs to bad-talking him in a game where he went 12 of 15 and a TD, while calling him "uninspired", "troubling", "listless" and saying he appears to have already given up, I have to ask: What the fuck are you watching?
Weird to quote me with this comment.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
NY bears fan here who came out for my first game. Was very surprised how quiet the crowd is. The loudest it got(besides cohens return) was booing Gould. That is so odd to me considering everything he did for the franchise and the fact that he didn’t walk away from Chicago but was let go...class act guy deserved applause not boos.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was quoting you to back up my point, but talking to Shoopster. I didn’t get that across—my bad

You and rawdawg tryin' to take on the shoopster, Toast? . .