Close
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I’m not convinced the building blocks are there for this team. Trubisky is still an unknown that’s to an incompetent coaching staff, although I’m still optimistic about him. We have two good RBs and an often injured Ol that is OK. We have one guy on defense who is great in Hicks and two other players who are above average in Floyd and Trevathan.

That’s not much at this point. Maybe some other players like Shaheen and Jackson (who is pretty good for a rookie) will develop to be good players, but maybe not.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

^ My name. What I say--> Starion's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know what you're smoking...

But we were not only out coached, but had far less talent on the field than the 9ers today.

A first start QB passed to - what was largely regarded as the worst receiving crew in the NFL - all over us to the tune of 300 yards.

What's funny is hw much the last field goal by Gould meant. But many forget we let them get into FG range on the drive before that and only a 14 yard penalty pushed them out.

We had ONE offensive scoring drive today.

We were outclassed across the aboard: Talent, coaching, offense, defense....

Pace has built a shit show for a team

I actually agree with you here...

...Bears DO HAVE FAR LESS TALENT

THEY ARE PLAYING WITH BACKUPS and GUYS OFF THE STREET (literally at safety) - despite bringing Hall off IR, which makes no sense. (again - shit coaching)

My point is that the team we see losing during this horrid stretch is NOT THE SAME TEAM they started the year with. NOT SAME ROSTER they took top 10 teams to 1 score wins & losses (minus 2 games of 4 TOs by Glennon).

Every other game has been close, and that's despite having 1/3 of the starting 22 out to injury basically every damn game.

No team can realistically win like that, and this team doesn't yet have depth. Basically a repeat of last year, with more clarity that coaching is a huge problem.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starion For This Useful Post:

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire Ej63090's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can’t watch another fucking dud of an offensive game from this team. The struggles have to stem deeper than talent on the field.

Where the fuck did the offense that dropped 14 points in the first half against the lions go? The play calling has reverted right back to shit since then.

Floyd
    Howard
    Jackson
    Trubisky
    Cohen
    Long
    Hicks
    Trevathian
    Whitehair
    Shaheen

Those might be our 10 best players......which should yell you Why we are 3-9 and 12-33 under this regime.

other than Howard (and I'd take about 5-10 rb over him) and maybe hicks early this year; this list is a bunch of unproven guys who should be your 2nd tier players NOT your 10 best/difference makers.

So....NO.....there really isn't a shit ton of talnet here and this isn't a dream destination for coaches.

The good news is....well there isnt much....but at least fox should be gone in 4 weeks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
    So, having lived through the last time the Bears had a talent drought before the 2007-2014 stretch, back in the Wanny years Pre-Mark Hatley, when the Cupboard was left bare, I notice an immediate similarity between that time and the 07-14 timeline, and an immediate difference between those 2 timelines and when Ryan Pace got here, despite some not able to grasp it.

Ryan Pace has brought in guys who have talent and skill. I see it on the field - athleticism, playmaking ability, etc.

What I don't see are 2 things:

1) Enough playmakers. This I actually can understand. Bears had jack SHIT from 07 to 14 aside from a now oft injured guard and a WR who left for Philly because he missed Brandon Marshall. You can only bring in so many playmakers and free agency isn't the normal venue to do that, despite what some idiots here who would fit well into a Dan Snyder led front office say. To me, Pace is bringing in playmakers from the draft. However, the issue I see is point #2, as #1 is happening and you don't fix 7 years of horrid drafts in 3 years.

2) The real issue here is what to do with those playmakers. I see ability, but what I don't see is learning. I don't see discipline. I don't see improvement. In short, I DON'T SEE COACHING.

As much as Pace has come under fire, an honest self-evaluation must come from the belief that you HAVE drafted talent. I haven't seen any Dan Bauzins or Michael Okwos out of Pace. No pool jumpers. I see football players.

Football players who need coaching. Who need to be taught.

And they aren't getting it.

The coaches will get replaced at the end of the year. And if they get the right coaches in, and another draft like the last 2 under their belts, I am going out on a limb and predicting a major upswing next year. 9-7, 10-6.

Because what this team needs, in addition to even more talent, is coaching.

I hope to god they get it.

Good post. A lot of people won't agree with it cause they've let their hate for J.Fox, R.Pace, V.Fangio.....lets just say all the coaches and front office people get into their heads to where they just don't believe in anything with this team.

But there is talent on this team to build around no matter what anyone says. As you said, we need some play makers on this team especially at WR and in the secondary. I like some of the players we have in the secondary but a true play maker would turn that secondary around. I think E.Jackson has a chance at being a play maker but he's still learning right now being a rookie.

If Pace can give us another good draft and do better in free agency then we could make a quick turn around. Not sure it will happen next year because our coaches are holding Trubisky back from growing with their play calling but i still think we can make a nice turn around next year with the right additions.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    1. Every team has 'some talent'.
    2. Most shit teams have shit coaching.
    3. This is just another shit thread, started by a shit poster.

Somewhere Novak is laughing

Just roll over and you'll see NoSack laying right next to you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Staleys View Post
    The offense is shit but the defense has completely fallen apart. Remember when Hicks was dominating? Where the hell is Goldman? We lose Floyd and no pass rush exists. No NFL defense should be built that way. The secondary...well they try to prove today you don’t need good WRs to move the ball.
    We didn't just lose Floyd, we lost P.McPhee early in the game and were already without W.Young. We also lost Unrein early in the game.

As soon as a thread that has any kind of positivity gets started, the haters are quick to jump in and do their best to ruin it every single time saying that same shit that's in every other thread. Give it a break.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by greg23 View Post
    Floyd
    Howard
    Jackson
    Trubisky
    Cohen
    Long
    Hicks
    Trevathian
    Whitehair
    Shaheen

Those might be our 10 best players......which should yell you Why we are 3-9 and 12-33 under this regime.

other than Howard (and I'd take about 5-10 rb over him) and maybe hicks early this year; this list is a bunch of unproven guys who should be your 2nd tier players NOT your 10 best/difference makers.

So....NO.....there really isn't a shit ton of talnet here and this isn't a dream destination for coaches.

The good news is....well there isnt much....but at least fox should be gone in 4 weeks.

QB--Trubisky--we're good
    WR--Help wanted
    RB--J.Howard/T.Cohen--we're good
    TE--D.Simms, A.Shaheen, D.Brown--good
    O-line--C.Leno, J.Sitton, C.Whitehair, K.Long--need a new RT but can win with that line

Secondary--E.Jackson, A.Amos, Q.Demps, K.Fuller, P.Amukamra, M.Cooper--Have no idea if K.Fuller, P.Amukamara will be back but we can win with that secondary if we bring both back or sign a legit CB in free agency or draft if both leave.
    ILBer--D.Trevathon, J.Freeman, C.Jones, N.Kwiatkowski, J.Timu--Freeman when healthy was an absolute beast for us, Trevathon has been great when healthy and Jones/Kwitkowski have been good when playing next to Trevathon. We need a Trevathon that can stay healthy. Freeman most likely will not be back which is too bad cause he was really really good for us.
    OLB--L.Floyd, P.McPhee, W.Young--all 3 are injured and two done for the season. McPhee and W.Young will probably not be back next year so putting a stud opposite Floyd next year will be big for us.
    D-Line--A.Hicks, E.Goldman, J.Bullard, M.Unrein, RRH--plenty of talent to win games with but need to bring Goldman back.

We have talent. If we can add a couple of play makers at the right positions (WR, OLB, Secondary) and add a couple other pieces (ILB, RT) we could make a nice turn around pretty quick. Of course this depends on what we do with our coaching but i think it's pretty much a lock that there will be plenty of changes after the season.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:

Pace has 3 main areas he needs to nail this offseason, resign key guys like fuller, jones etc... sign key free agents at WR, LB and DL depth and nail the draft.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We have very little talent. We have very few playmakers - at this time.

Howard and Hicks --> Those are our playmakers. Cohen is getting to this level.

Floyd, Jackson --> Potential playmakers. Floyd needs to prove he can stay healthy and be consistent.

We are very weak at WR. The OL needs much help. The TEs are weak but Shaheen has potential I suppose although I have not seen it on the field.

At this point, we don't have a single playmaker in our secondary. We have some "guys" who can play but nobody a team would have to game plan for. The lack of INTs is telling.

We are weak at OLB, especially without Floyd but he has not hit the elite level expected of him nor can he stay healthy.

We are weak at ILB with Trevathon being an injury risk and Freeman being a juicer who will be gone.

Our DL is our strength but there truly is only 1 differentiator there in Hicks. Goldman is solid and a high end player who still could get to Hicks' level.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MojoRisin For This Useful Post:

There are serious talent issues on this team. To try and put 32 loses on just coaching is ridiculous.

If this team had talent they would win some games in spite of the coaching.

If the issue is coaching then it is inexcusable that Ryan Pace has hidden away and done nothing to address it. He should step in and say/do something about the severe lack of coaching.

If you were teaching you kid to drive you would not let him mount every curb, hit a tree, and run over a kid on his bike before you took the wheel from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago4Life View Post
    Pace has 3 main areas he needs to nail this offseason, resign key guys like fuller, jones etc... sign key free agents at WR, LB and DL depth and nail the draft.
    That is it?

Thank god I thought he might have a lot to do.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to WindyCity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    That is it?

Thank god I thought he might have a lot to do.
    sadly he hasnt shown he can do it competently thus far

Bears have less talent now than they did in 1976 when they sucked
    A welfare state like America can't survive with open borders.

I'd feel a lot better about Howard if he could catch the damned ball
    “Sincerity is the key to success. Once you can fake that, you’ve got it made.” Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    Just roll over and you'll see NoSack laying right next to you.
    That guy really got in your head.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Omeletpants View Post
    Bears have less talent now than they did in 1976 when they sucked
    They arguably also had better coaching. I think Pardee was the API Coach of the Year.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mjiton View Post
    Floyd & McPhee both went out. Floyd in his 2nd year was takin steps to be lookin like that play-maker. Freeman was ballin last year and he's been out. play-maker. Trevathan in & out. Akiem Hicks play-maker was quiet but yea 3 man rush. Unrein went out.

Meredith was a play-maker for a slot receiver maybe as a #2 even. Out. Howard was put in predictable runs but also Cohen should have been given the stretch plays that require speed to hit the edge. Cohen play-maker scored on a heart stopping return but was wiped out on dumb penalties by the 4th string TE. While the rookie TE wasn't allowed to play. Kyle Long when healthy is a good run blocker but he's patchwork atm.

Talents there. It's not a lot and it's not deep but it's there. And being put to bad use.
    EXACTLY.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Exactly! Look at Houston, they lost Mercillus and Watt let alone their rookie all world qb snd would still kick the shit out of the Bears. I'm tired of hearing about injuries.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CAP BOSO For This Useful Post:

Senior Member TrilliamShakespeare's Avatar

1. Every team has 'some talent'.
    2. Most shit teams have shit coaching.
    3. This is just another shit thread, started by a shit poster.

Somewhere Novak is laughing.
    #2 is false

Quote Originally Posted by TrilliamShakespeare View Post
    #2 is false
    Every shit team had an organization that turned them to shit. At some point teams get turned around and have good coaching, the record may still suck, because it takes a while to turn things around. But we already knew that, that's why I said most. It is 100% true, tell me about all the bad teams with great coaching.

The Browns, Giants, and Bears all have shit coaches and had more than one year to prove it. SF coach may turn out to be good, we will see. The Rams went from a shit team with shit coaching to a good team with good coaching in one year.

Football 101.

The Bears have some talent just like 31 other teams, shocking revelation. The team sucks, the coaching probably sucks, duh.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

That guy really got in your head.
    Only when i need a good laugh and you're the one that brought him up.

32. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast