Truth be Told - Bears have some Talent. And SHIT Coaching.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I don't see there being much of an issue with the or lack of appeal for a HC job unless the person pace is targeting is a former HC. Anyone not being a HC is going to want to get a promotion and be a HC, i dont really see them turning down the opportunity to become a head coach just because its the bears or the browns or the giants etc...The giants job may have more appeal because most know that the organization has been run like a well oiled machine. Being from NY you hear a lot of things but if you really break it down is the giants job more appealing? yes and no imo - eli is clearly not the answer however the mara's dont feel the same way and so eli having at least another 2yrs left on his deal he will be the starter. In order for eli to succeed the oline needs to be able to provide a relatively high level of protection something 4/5 olinemen cannot do. There's a reason reese was fired along with mcadoo, constantly neglected the oline and when he did draft 1st rounder flowers whos been a bust, apple has been a bust given his 1st rd draft pedigree, and the lb's are below average and still no running game to speak of. So while the giants may have obj and collins who are studs they have no run game, poor pass protection, and a rapidly declining qb for the next 2 yrs. Not exactly a huge upgrade on the bears situation.

I agree the bears do not have superstars and its unfortunate...however pace has drafted well in the last two and i feel he will draft one in this upcoming draft in the form of ridley/key/chubb/fitzpatrick...

Seems a little premature to be calling adams, hooker even garrett superstars...adams played well, hooker is out for the season and garrett has played well at times.

Some good points there.

I think the big advantages Giants have is that the GM and coach will be hired at the same time and the organisation has had success in the last decade. I also think the roster is a lot better. So I already think the Bears are getting sloppy seconds. That may not be a disaster if Acorsi is heading up the search!

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
The problem with defining the talent of the team is that coaching is a huge part of developing the talent.
Take Hicks for instance, terrible player in NO, okay in NE but great for the Bears. He’s finally being used correctly. Look at Goff’s transformation. While there are a few transcendent players that can adapt to any scheme or coaching, most need to be in the right scheme and have the right coaching to show their true talent. Every NFL team has talent but not all get the most of it from their coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
do they have a lot of talent... no. but think about how bad the Os were when lovie was here.

Would you like to compare this current steaming pile of junk to Lovie's 2006 Bears, have at it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2006_roster.htm

That D was great, ST was special, the O was average 15th in the league, this year the O ranks 32 out of 32. That team was loaded with talent, this team, please, just stop.

as usual you completely miss the point.

I got the point, I just proved you were wrong, as usual. Th O under Lovie, was at least average in 2006, do you think this group is average? Nobody does, your point was garbage.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Funny he says this

when he openly admits to not watching name players from other teams:

So he now talks about Luck not living up to a draft position when he was one of the best QB's in the league before his OL killed him and has been injured for two years.

I can't wait for Teddy KFC to respond with "Hi Novak"

It's pretty obvious that VashalasX is a Novak alt.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's pretty obvious that VashalasX is a Novak alt.

Look out behind you, he's everywhere! :lmao:

Gone for months and still freaking people the fuck out. What a legacy.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Just read mulligans article in the Tribune where he mentions a scout saying the bears and browns are the two least talented rosters in the nfl.

But yeah....keep believing .we have young talent and paces drafts have been great!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
@TEDDY KFC tell us more about how bad Andrew Luck is playing this year versus expectations due to his draft status please.

Thanks.

Why don't you first show where he said anything about how Luck is playing this year?? I'll wait.

Moron

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You think the Giants and the Redskins have better rosters than us? Hilarious.

Colts have a similar roster with a far superior QB and an elite rookie and potential superstar in Malik Hooker. Luck hasn’t even played this year but is an elite QB.

Cardinals will be in full rebuild soon but I would bet money they turn it around in less than 3 years.

The Cardinals won't have to do a full on rebuild like we had to do because they have some really good young talent to build around. Again....there's no way to compare rebuilds but you guys keep trying to so you can think you made a good argument.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What a pant load.

Cardinals
Patrick Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
David Johnson
Tyrann Mathieu
Chandler Jones

Redskins
Jordan Reed
Trent Williams
Brandon Scherff
Ryan Kerrigan
Kirk Cousins
Josh Norman

The Bears are one of the 3 or 4 least talented teams in the NFL. Every team has 'some talent' just like every team has blocking sleds. Big fucking deal.

A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
L.Floyd
K.Long
J.Howard
E.Jackson
E.Goldman
K.Fuller
C.Whitehair
M.Trubisky

What's your point? Bears have plenty of talent and there's more talent that i didn't even name.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some good points there.

I think the big advantages Giants have is that the GM and coach will be hired at the same time and the organisation has had success in the last decade. I also think the roster is a lot better. So I already think the Bears are getting sloppy seconds. That may not be a disaster if Acorsi is heading up the search!

I have no idea where this argument about which team out of the Bears and Giants have more talent but it's a dumb argument cause you have one team that just spent like $200 mil on their defense and have a stud WR in ODB along with a good young WR in S.Shephard and a young TE in E.Engram while the other team is going through a complete rebuild with a GM that hasn't even spent his entire cap in any season he's been here. It's another dumb comparison.

Of course most if not every HC candidate would choose the Giants over the Bears as of now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Look out behind you, he's everywhere! :lmao:

Gone for months and still freaking people the fuck out. What a legacy.

He just sent me a message yesterday in our fantasy football league thanking me for getting him banned from CCS.....lol

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
L.Floyd
K.Long
J.Howard
E.Jackson
E.Goldman
K.Fuller
C.Whitehair
M.Trubisky

What's your point? Bears have plenty of talent and there's more talent that i didn't even name.
Talented mean all-pro caliber. Only see 2 in that category. That is sad

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post

A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
L.Floyd
K.Long
J.Howard
E.Jackson
E.Goldman
K.Fuller
C.Whitehair
M.Trubisky

The Bears talent is mostly young. The other talent lists has old players. I agree with the OP. You whinny girls will eat your words soon.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Taking the players named above:

A.Hicks <-- high quality
D.Trevathon <-- above average, struggles to stay healthy
J.Freeman <-- 2 time juicer who will be gone
L.Floyd <-- flashes but inconsistent - has missed almost as many games as he has sacks - Jury is still out.
K.Long <-- always hurt - may need to move on from him
J.Howard <-- high quality
E.Jackson <-- potential - has not shown the ball skills we expected with only 1 INT - a player I expect to excel
E.Goldman <-- solid
K.Fuller <-- meh, some good games and some bad games, 1 INT - he's a just a "guy" - struggles in man coverage - UFA next year nowhere near worthy of the tag
C.Whitehair <-- sophomore jinx? Surely did not improve in his 2nd season - should still be a lock in the OL for 10 years
M.Trubisky <-- TBD
Cohen <-- I added him - nice gimmicky player - lots of potential to be a difference maker

Pace has replaced all but 3 guys on the roster he acquired and this is all we got? Two guys another team has to account for is it. The goal should be to replace players with better players. Our best team was in 2015 ironically under FoxPace.

We are the 22nd oldest team in the league. We got older after 2016.

How people don't see that we are one of the worst teams in the league is beyond me. if Trubisky does not pan out, we will remain one of the worst teams for a long time but we should all be used to that by now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Taking the players named above:

A.Hicks <-- high quality
D.Trevathon <-- above average, struggles to stay healthy
J.Freeman <-- 2 time juicer who will be gone
L.Floyd <-- flashes but inconsistent - has missed almost as many games as he has sacks - Jury is still out.
K.Long <-- always hurt - may need to move on from him
J.Howard <-- high quality
E.Jackson <-- potential - has not shown the ball skills we expected with only 1 INT - a player I expect to excel
E.Goldman <-- solid
K.Fuller <-- meh, some good games and some bad games, 1 INT - he's a just a "guy" - struggles in man coverage - UFA next year nowhere near worthy of the tag
C.Whitehair <-- sophomore jinx? Surely did not improve in his 2nd season - should still be a lock in the OL for 10 years
M.Trubisky <-- TBD
Cohen <-- I added him - nice gimmicky player - lots of potential to be a difference maker

Pace has replaced all but 3 guys on the roster he acquired and this is all we got? Two guys another team has to account for is it. The goal should be to replace players with better players. Our best team was in 2015 ironically under FoxPace.

We are the 22nd oldest team in the league. We got older after 2016.

How people don't see that we are one of the worst teams in the league is beyond me. if Trubisky does not pan out, we will remain one of the worst teams for a long time but we should all be used to that by now.

Yeah i think i'm done debating with someone that thinks we have no talent on this team besides at RB and DL which i've already proven you to be wrong about.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just read mulligans article in the Tribune where he mentions a scout saying the bears and browns are the two least talented rosters in the nfl.

But yeah....keep believing .we have young talent and paces drafts have been great!

Any fan paying any attention knows the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. I guess they think if they pretend there is talent that would justify firing Fox. By all means the Bears should fire Fox, it is already completely justified because he sucks, the obvious lack of talent is due to problems in other areas of the organization. Try to wrap your head around this, Fox sucks and the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. Both thing are objectively true.

A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
L.Floyd
K.Long
J.Howard
E.Jackson
E.Goldman
K.Fuller
C.Whitehair
M.Trubisky

A list of names, two of them have been to the pro bowl, I wonder how many are going this year? Check the names of the Cards and Skins I listed, do you see the difference? Probably not. Most people that follow the NFL would see the difference right away.

You should have included Sitton, at least he has been to a few pro bowls.

huggybear224

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The pro bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest and the Bear have never been media darlings even when they are winning (so long ago). The Bears do have talent on the roster, the problem is they have no one capable of developing it. This is why Howard was third on the bench last year and Sims is playing instead of Shaheen.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
L.Floyd
K.Long
J.Howard
E.Jackson
E.Goldman
K.Fuller
C.Whitehair
M.Trubisky

The Cardinals won't have to do a full on rebuild like we had to do because they have some really good young talent to build around. Again....there's no way to compare rebuilds but you guys keep trying to so you can think you made a good argument.

Listen, we’re not getting anywhere here.

Take a look at that list of elite players on the Cardinals again. Only Hicks and maybe Goldman, Trevathan and Howard belong on an equivalent list.

You can’t compare Matthieu and Jackson, Peterson and Fuller, even Jones and Floyd or Johnson and Howard. On one side we’re talking about elite, gamechanging talent recognised across the league as All Pros or close to it. Can you really say the same about your list?

Again, we’re not arguing that there isn’t some talent on the Bears roster. Just that compared to even average rosters like the Cardinals, they are still well behind.

I know what it’s like to argue a contrary position based on an evaluation of talent that differs markedly to EVERYONE else. When the realisation comes, it’s tough to accept. I’ll be here for you next year when we go 6-10 and Pace gets fired.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The pro bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest and the Bear have never been media darlings even when they are winning (so long ago). The Bears do have talent on the roster, the problem is they have no one capable of developing it. This is why Howard was third on the bench last year and Sims is playing instead of Shaheen.

"the bears have some talent" More of this tired mantra.

One of the least talented teams in the NFL, but some talent and blocking sleds. Yeah!