Truth be Told - Bears have some Talent. And SHIT Coaching.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post

A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
L.Floyd
K.Long
J.Howard
E.Jackson
E.Goldman
K.Fuller
C.Whitehair
M.Trubisky

The Bears talent is mostly young. The other talent lists has old players. I agree with the OP. You whinny girls will eat your words soon.

Another myth that can easily be debunked...

Patrick Peterson is 27, Kyle Fuller is 25.
Tyrann Matthieu and Eddie Jackson will both be 25 when they play on Sunday.
Chandler Jones is 27, Leonard Floyd is 25. Cards also have Markus Golden who is 26 and probably a better talent comp for Floyd.
David Johnson is 25, Jordan Howard is 23.

Peterson and Matthieu are light years ahead of Fuller and Jackson. It’s like they’re playing a different sport.
I’d probably rate the OLBs Jones, Floyd, Golden but certainly Chandler Jones is the better player right now and it is extremely debatable whether Floyd reaches his level.
David Johnson is a far superior all round back to Jordan Howard while Jordan is better between the tackles. Take your pick but suspect that most around the league would take Johnson.

The last player on the Cardinals list, Larry Fitzgerald is old as hell but is a better WR than anyone on our roster and possibly a better blocker than half our OL. The young talent argument only works if it’s ceiling is higher than the old player you’re comparing him to.

Of the remaining players on dabears70’s list, I would call the following elite players or close to it...

Hicks
Goldman

Whitehair could be.

Do you see the difference between what you guys think are talented players and even an average roster like the Cardinals?

Washington

Liked Posts:
Yeah i think i'm done debating with someone that thinks we have no talent on this team besides at RB and DL which i've already proven you to be wrong about.

Dude, you have got to quit with the "no talent" comment. NOBODY has said that. Quit saying that someone has said that. We have LIMITED talent that makes us one of the worst teams in the league. I hate to confuse you with facts but facts are facts.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Look out behind you, he's everywhere! :lmao:

Gone for months and still freaking people the fuck out. What a legacy.

:facepalm2:

It's pretty obvious by what he posts. But nice moronic response. Just what I'd expect from you.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
:facepalm2:

It's pretty obvious by what he posts. But nice moronic response. Just what I'd expect from you.
Novak will never get it. Screen names change, but the way he types down to the same insults he uses across all his accounts never does.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will never understand why Teddy thinks Number51 is Novak. Literally the only active poster that's an alt, afaik, is VashalasX, who is either Novak, Grimson, or more likely (imo), HHM. Number51 has been an original account literally forever and is nothing like the others.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I will never understand why Teddy thinks Number51 is Novak. Literally the only active poster that's an alt, afaik, is VashalasX, who is either Novak, Grimson, or more likely (imo), HHM. Number51 has been an original account literally forever and is nothing like the others.

I think I can answer this...I have noticed that anyone who calls out Teddy KFC for his bullshit turns out to be a Novak alt

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think I can answer this...I have noticed that anyone who calls out Teddy KFC for his bullshit turns out to be a Novak alt

Hmm. He hasn't accused me of that, but then he knows me from back in the old place. Maybe it's just CCS originals? It certainly seems like a McCarthyist level of paranoia either way.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Hmm. He hasn't accused me of that, but then he knows me from back in the old place. Maybe it's just CCS originals? It certainly seems like a McCarthyist level of paranoia either way.

I have been salling him out on his BS since the CBMB days and he still calls me a Novak alt....but then again Novak must have my account up as an alt back in CBMB days and during the migration immediate created the account then to only wait a few years to create the actualy Douche/Novak account. He is the CCS version of Danny Ocean.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Novak will never get it. Screen names change, but the way he types down to the same insults he uses across all his accounts never does.

There are just three or four guys still being haunted by the ghost of novak. Quite a few legit posters have been accused by Teddy KFC of being novak alts, it's KFC's go to move when he shit posts. If you get called novak by KFC that means you just won an argument.

The correct answer is nobody cares except for a few paranoid guys that novak used to destroy on the regular, and they can't get passed it. The irony of course is that months after his last CCS post, he is still kicking the shit out of these chumps.

huggybear224

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reading comprehension is really lacking on this board. People seem incapable of understanding talent vs. DEVELOPED talent.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Another myth that can easily be debunked...

No you misunderstood me. I'm say the Bears talent lays in young players. Not comparing talent levels with anyone. What talent we have no matter the level is young and still improving.

Of course in a rebuild your talented players will be young, that's a given. As truisms go it's right up there with "good GMs build through the draft."

I'm just trying to differentiate between good young potential and players who are only a year or two older and already All Pros on a roster that Teddy claimed was worse than ours.

It seems to be a recurring theme with people that are happy with the direction the roster is going. There is a tendency to...

- compare (favourably) the roster to the dumpster fire of 2014 instead of current NFL rosters
- overestimate the ceiling of our young players

When I asked Teddy to name six teams that have worse rosters than us, he picked the Giants, Redskins and Cardinals. The first two are so outlandish that I decided to focus on the Cards. If he chooses to back up his argument any time that would be great.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Reading comprehension is really lacking on this board. People seem incapable of understanding talent vs. DEVELOPED talent.

In the case of the developed talent in Arizona, which was how this debate came up if you'd care to look at the context, it is between six months and two years older than ours. Maybe you think Eddie Jackson is going to reach Tyrann Matthieu's level in that timeframe I don't know. I sure hope so.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Listen, we’re not getting anywhere here.

Take a look at that list of elite players on the Cardinals again. Only Hicks and maybe Goldman, Trevathan and Howard belong on an equivalent list.

You can’t compare Matthieu and Jackson, Peterson and Fuller, even Jones and Floyd or Johnson and Howard. On one side we’re talking about elite, gamechanging talent recognised across the league as All Pros or close to it. Can you really say the same about your list?

Again, we’re not arguing that there isn’t some talent on the Bears roster. Just that compared to even average rosters like the Cardinals, they are still well behind.

I know what it’s like to argue a contrary position based on an evaluation of talent that differs markedly to EVERYONE else. When the realisation comes, it’s tough to accept. I’ll be here for you next year when we go 6-10 and Pace gets fired.

Lol, you count Matthieu but not Long for us because of injury.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Novak is an alt, but the one more known than the original. Of course you knew that when you made this post, so debating with someone intentionally being disingenuous is pointless to me.

huggybear224

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the case of the developed talent in Arizona, which was how this debate came up if you'd care to look at the context, it is between six months and two years older than ours. Maybe you think Eddie Jackson is going to reach Tyrann Matthieu's level in that timeframe I don't know. I sure hope so.

Six months to two years is a lot of developmental time depending on the player. My comments are on topic with the OP and really not the side topic of Arizona vs the Bears although again I wonder how it would have played out if 5 years ago the Cardinals and the Bears switched coaching staffs.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think losing has jaded too many fans and given them a pessimistic outlook on things. Glad you guys aren't Brown of Lions fans...you'd be jumping off of the closest building...

The Bears are a lot farther along in this rebuild than most realize.