Close
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 177 to 192 of 192
  1. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,957
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mathieu isn't elite either and has never played a full 16 games in a season and only played 10 games last year. This is his 5th year in the NFL and you're using our 4th round rookie as the kid you're comparing him with...SMDH.
    Again, I’m not the one who said the Cards roster was worse than ours.

    The whole thrust of Teddy’s argument is that he believes we are further ahead than many believe. You also believe that right?

    I asked him to name six rosters that he believes are currently in a worse state than ours because I couldn’t think of any outside the Browns and 49ers. It is a useful exercise because I believe after 3 years of rebuilding, even an expansion team should be able to have a viable roster in place.

    What we’ve repeatdely seen in this thread is your group picking up on the smallest issue that we’ve raised (the comment in passing about the Giants being more attractive, how pro bowlers are selected etc.) rather than the number one issue the Bears face after coaching.

    Is this roster any good compared to other rosters in the league?

    If you can’t name six teams worse off then I would suggest it’s self-evident that the answer is no. Because you don’t rate your roster in isolation, it needs to be evaluated in the context of the other teams.

    I am trying here by the way. I’m not resorting to ad hominems or being a dick about it. I am simply calling into question Teddy’s belief that we have a good roster with high-ceiling young talent on it.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,957
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Browns, 49ers, Giants, Redskins, Colts, Cardinals.

    " but some of those teams have much better records than us!" You say.

    And I reply with "that's because they have much better coaching."

    I truly wonder how many on this board are keeping up with the supposed name players and other teams. Luck looks anything but the number one overall pick he was supposed to be.

    Talent on the Redskins and Cardinals is on a downturn.

    What is truly hilarious is that for every playmaker you think you can name on the other team, I can bet you that there's someone who is a fan of that team making the same argument you are, and using guys like Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen and Akeem Hicks to prove his point that the Bears have more Talent than their hometeam.

    You asked, I answered. Now you have to disagree with me because otherwise your argument is shot. I know how the song and dance goes. It's boring and cliche. Try another one.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Here you go dabears70.

    Have at it. I think Browns and 49ers are worse, Colts have less depth by a far superior QB so it’s probably about equal and I wait to be persuaded on any other serious comparisons because his other three were laughable.

    It was his parting shot in this thread that he started.

  4. #179
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMbangala View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your buddy Teddy explicitly said that he believes the Cards roster is worse than ours. I was just showing him that it isn’t. He brought up the Cards, I just thought it would be too mean to do this exercise with the Giants or the Redskins, which he also suggested.
    So why did you use my post to reply to then??

  5. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,957
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why did you use my post to reply to then??
    That’s your main concern? Internet message board protocol?

    I thought you would’ve been aware of the discussion given that you thanked the post.

    Who do you think has a worse roster than us? “I’ll wait”

  6. #181
    Señor Member number51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,763
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ruined that clown on here multiple times and i did it by myself while he had his crew of clowns coming at me at the same time. 1 on 7 and i still won...lol Kinda like how i ruin every one of your Pace hating posts...lol
    You left here crying too many times to count, at least Teddy KFC calls someone novak before he disappeared. Rewrite history more, you and the other shittastick four would try to pile on, and novak would mess you guys up so bad and so funny, the whole of CCS was laughing at you clowns, now you claim victory. It's pretty obvious who got their asses kicked, it's the guys that are still scared shitless of the long departed novak. You chumps never even caused a ripple, but he still has you and KFC seeing him everywhere.

    Tell me again who won before you shit your pants over a ghost.

    My "Pace hating posts", is that where I say the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL, then you list some untalented players? You're calling that babbling bullshit a win? You are very generous with yourself.
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to number51 For This Useful Post:


  8. #182
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMbangala View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, I’m not the one who said the Cards roster was worse than ours.

    The whole thrust of Teddy’s argument is that he believes we are further ahead than many believe. You also believe that right?

    I asked him to name six rosters that he believes are currently in a worse state than ours because I couldn’t think of any outside the Browns and 49ers. It is a useful exercise because I believe after 3 years of rebuilding, even an expansion team should be able to have a viable roster in place.

    What we’ve repeatdely seen in this thread is your group picking up on the smallest issue that we’ve raised (the comment in passing about the Giants being more attractive, how pro bowlers are selected etc.) rather than the number one issue the Bears face after coaching.

    Is this roster any good compared to other rosters in the league?

    If you can’t name six teams worse off then I would suggest it’s self-evident that the answer is no. Because you don’t rate your roster in isolation, it needs to be evaluated in the context of the other teams.

    I am trying here by the way. I’m not resorting to ad hominems or being a dick about it. I am simply calling into question Teddy’s belief that we have a good roster with high-ceiling young talent on it.

    What's the sense of this little game you've come up with? If i tell you the Colts are worse you're gonna say "well they have TY Hilton and A.Luck" if i say the Jets are worse you're gonna say "well they just drafted J.Adams who's playing great" or "but they're playing better then we are" and i could do this with the Browns and the 49ers and the Bills and the Dolphins and the Bengals and the Bucs and maybe some other teams but you're always gonna have some kind of out that that team has a couple of studs or something else, so take your little game that you've come up with and flush it down the toilet.

    This team is rebuilding and just about to finish off our 3rd year of having bad coaching and developing of players so i'd rather wait to see what the players we have do when we get a real coaching staff in here to coach them up. We don't know yet what will become of M.Trubisky or E.Jackson or A.Shaheen or L.Floyd or any of our younger players so if you wanna keep playing the comparing game then go for it.

    NOBODY is saying we're a great team or that we don't have work to do with this team. I'm saying it's not as bad as the record says it is and i'm saying, and have been saying, with a couple of stud players at the right positions with WR and OLB being the top two in my opinion and with a couple players at other positions like RT and DB that we can take a leap in the right direction. When we add the right players around the talent we already have and with some new coaches things could change pretty quick.

  9. #183
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You left here crying too many times to count, at least Teddy KFC calls someone novak before he disappeared. Rewrite history more, you and the other shittastick four would try to pile on, and novak would mess you guys up so bad and so funny, the whole of CCS was laughing at you clowns, now you claim victory. It's pretty obvious who got their asses kicked, it's the guys that are still scared shitless of the long departed novak. You chumps never even caused a ripple, but he still has you and KFC seeing him everywhere.

    Tell me again who won before you shit your pants over a ghost.

    My "Pace hating posts", is that where I say the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL, then you list some untalented players? You're calling that babbling bullshit a win? You are very generous with yourself.
    Wow, you sure are very very protective of NoSack...lol. I get that you miss him on CCS but at least you get to go to sleep and wake up next to him every day...lol.

    You dumb ass i made that dumb fuck look stupid on here and all his little girlfriends who stuck up for him and all of CCS laughed at it and loved the NoSack nickname....lol

    Go away now cause i'm done with you. Shu boy shu

  10. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,957
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the sense of this little game you've come up with? If i tell you the Colts are worse you're gonna say "well they have TY Hilton and A.Luck" if i say the Jets are worse you're gonna say "well they just drafted J.Adams who's playing great" or "but they're playing better then we are" and i could do this with the Browns and the 49ers and the Bills and the Dolphins and the Bengals and the Bucs and maybe some other teams but you're always gonna have some kind of out that that team has a couple of studs or something else, so take your little game that you've come up with and flush it down the toilet.

    This team is rebuilding and just about to finish off our 3rd year of having bad coaching and developing of players so i'd rather wait to see what the players we have do when we get a real coaching staff in here to coach them up. We don't know yet what will become of M.Trubisky or E.Jackson or A.Shaheen or L.Floyd or any of our younger players so if you wanna keep playing the comparing game then go for it.

    NOBODY is saying we're a great team or that we don't have work to do with this team. I'm saying it's not as bad as the record says it is and i'm saying, and have been saying, with a couple of stud players at the right positions with WR and OLB being the top two in my opinion and with a couple players at other positions like RT and DB that we can take a leap in the right direction. When we add the right players around the talent we already have and with some new coaches things could change pretty quick.
    Fair enough. I think with a really good coach this is maybe a 7-9 team. Going round in circles here. Let’s just hope we get the right coach in January.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterMbangala For This Useful Post:


  12. #185
    Senior Member Mongo_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,542
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, you sure are very very protective of NoSack...lol. I get that you miss him on CCS but at least you get to go to sleep and wake up next to him every day...lol.

    You dumb ass i made that dumb fuck look stupid on here and all his little girlfriends who stuck up for him and all of CCS laughed at it and loved the NoSack nickname....lol

    Go away now cause i'm done with you. Shu boy shu


    Dude...


    You're everyones prison bitch on this site.

    I know in the world you live in, you think getting bitch slapped and curb stomped repeatedly is a position of power.

    But truth is, you're the "wadded up kleenex in a teens bedroom" of CCS...

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mongo_76 For This Useful Post:


  14. #186
    Señor Member number51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,763
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude...


    You're everyones prison bitch on this site.

    I know in the world you live in, you think getting bitch slapped and curb stomped repeatedly is a position of power.

    But truth is, you're the "wadded up kleenex in a teens bedroom" of CCS...
    "come on back here, I'll bite you in the knee!" He is that special one in a million that not only doesn't know he is getting his ass kicked, he thinks he's doing great.

    novak was a good poster, but no wizzard, just a funny guye, but he sure got into DB's head and took up residence.
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

  15. #187
    Senior Member MojoRisin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nort' of Milwaukee Hey
    Posts
    2,086
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your missing something here which is what the morons were saying was that the Bears don't have much TALENT, nobody said anything about them not having much pro bowlers or elite players...just talent and every player i mentioned plus some more have TALENT. Now it's the job of Pace to open up the checkbook and go out and get a couple of big name players to put around the TALENT we already have and have ANOTHER good draft. That is what you do when you're getting closer to the end of your rebuild.

    Pay attention people.
    The goal is for the talent level Pace acquires to be better overall that the other teams' talent level. Yes, the Bears are fucking filthy loaded with talent. Every professional player has talent. However, the quality of that talent is deficient making us one of the worst teams in the league. You see, while being talented, the guys they are going against are more talented and that is why we are perennial losers.

    I am hoping this is not too difficult for you to understand. Pay attention. You see, Pace has replaced all but 3 of the guys he acquired and he often replaced them with players not having the same level of talent of those he replaced or a talent level good enough to be better than the people they are playing against. Hence, we are a last place team - again - as normal. I hope that putting this in these terms is something you can now understand. This really is common sense for people who are even a little bit objective.

    There is a reason we are always a last place team. It is the same reason my golf game sucks. It is called LOFT - Lack Of Fucking Talent.

  16. #188
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMbangala View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough. I think with a really good coach this is maybe a 7-9 team. Going round in circles here. Let’s just hope we get the right coach in January.
    I'm definitely down with that.

  17. #189
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude...


    You're everyones prison bitch on this site.

    I know in the world you live in, you think getting bitch slapped and curb stomped repeatedly is a position of power.

    But truth is, you're the "wadded up kleenex in a teens bedroom" of CCS...
    Hahahaha good one

  18. #190
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MojoRisin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The goal is for the talent level Pace acquires to be better overall that the other teams' talent level. Yes, the Bears are fucking filthy loaded with talent. Every professional player has talent. However, the quality of that talent is deficient making us one of the worst teams in the league. You see, while being talented, the guys they are going against are more talented and that is why we are perennial losers.

    I am hoping this is not too difficult for you to understand. Pay attention. You see, Pace has replaced all but 3 of the guys he acquired and he often replaced them with players not having the same level of talent of those he replaced or a talent level good enough to be better than the people they are playing against. Hence, we are a last place team - again - as normal. I hope that putting this in these terms is something you can now understand. This really is common sense for people who are even a little bit objective.

    There is a reason we are always a last place team. It is the same reason my golf game sucks. It is called LOFT - Lack Of Fucking Talent.

    So it has nothing to do with the coaching or injuries or having a rookie QB that has no weapons to throw the ball to or the fact that we're in a rebuild then?? My bad then cause i thought for sure all of those reasons had something to do with us losing and it wasn't only because we need a few play makers to put around the guys we have.

  19. #191
    Senior Member Adipost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just roll over and you'll see NoSack laying right next to you.

  20. #192
    Senior Member MojoRisin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nort' of Milwaukee Hey
    Posts
    2,086
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it has nothing to do with the coaching or injuries or having a rookie QB that has no weapons to throw the ball to or the fact that we're in a rebuild then?? My bad then cause i thought for sure all of those reasons had something to do with us losing and it wasn't only because we need a few play makers to put around the guys we have.
    Yes, of course, we are perennial losers because of coaching and injuries and "we're in a rebuild." Our talent level far exceeds most teams. It is crazy that we're always a last place team. Good Lord.

    Who do we look at for having no weapons for our rookie QB to throw to? What players did he get rid of that he did not replace with better players at WR? There are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. See how this talent thing works where a GM should replace players with players having more talent. That in turn makes you a better team. Once again, common sense.

    Here's a newsflash - Injuries happen to all teams. Good teams often overcome poor coaching. Lastly, EVERY team in the NFL are a couple/few playmakers away. Finding those playmakers is a challenge. You make it sound like they'll hop into Pace's lap this off season when they haven't in 3 years. We are more playmakers away than most teams - hence we are always in last place. The good GMs find and retain those playmakers more often. Teams like Pitt, GB, NE, etc are always competitive. Teams like Cle and Chi are always shitty. There is a common denominator there and it isn't injuries. It is LOFT.

    Until our non-playmakers talent is better overall than the other teams' non-playmakers talent, we'll continue to be losers. But, we don't have as many playmakers as most teams to get back to simply being mediocre. I would accept mediocrity again short term.

  21. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •