Truth be Told - Bears have some Talent. And SHIT Coaching.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
So, having lived through the last time the Bears had a talent drought before the 2007-2014 stretch, back in the Wanny years Pre-Mark Hatley, when the Cupboard was left bare, I notice an immediate similarity between that time and the 07-14 timeline, and an immediate difference between those 2 timelines and when Ryan Pace got here, despite some not able to grasp it.

Ryan Pace has brought in guys who have talent and skill. I see it on the field - athleticism, playmaking ability, etc.

What I don't see are 2 things:

1) Enough playmakers. This I actually can understand. Bears had jack SHIT from 07 to 14 aside from a now oft injured guard and a WR who left for Philly because he missed Brandon Marshall. You can only bring in so many playmakers and free agency isn't the normal venue to do that, despite what some idiots here who would fit well into a Dan Snyder led front office say. To me, Pace is bringing in playmakers from the draft. However, the issue I see is point #2, as #1 is happening and you don't fix 7 years of horrid drafts in 3 years.

2) The real issue here is what to do with those playmakers. I see ability, but what I don't see is learning. I don't see discipline. I don't see improvement. In short, I DON'T SEE COACHING.

As much as Pace has come under fire, an honest self-evaluation must come from the belief that you HAVE drafted talent. I haven't seen any Dan Bauzins or Michael Okwos out of Pace. No pool jumpers. I see football players.

Football players who need coaching. Who need to be taught.

And they aren't getting it.

The coaches will get replaced at the end of the year. And if they get the right coaches in, and another draft like the last 2 under their belts, I am going out on a limb and predicting a major upswing next year. 9-7, 10-6.

Because what this team needs, in addition to even more talent, is coaching.

I hope to god they get it.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They have little talent. A couple guys will not change a thing. I know FA isn’t the answer but he needs to surround TRU with some talent fast before he is ruined. Pace does not have enough draft picks to turn this around quick enough.

As I said before what player from the 2016 draft improved in 2017?

New coaching staff and new toys are needed. Open the wallet and get the talent.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Don't know what you're smoking...

But we were not only out coached, but had far less talent on the field than the 9ers today.

A first start QB passed to - what was largely regarded as the worst receiving crew in the NFL - all over us to the tune of 300 yards.

What's funny is hw much the last field goal by Gould meant. But many forget we let them get into FG range on the drive before that and only a 14 yard penalty pushed them out.

We had ONE offensive scoring drive today.

We were outclassed across the aboard: Talent, coaching, offense, defense....

Pace has built a shit show for a team

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Don't know what you're smoking...

But we were not only out coached, but had far less talent on the field than the 9ers today.

A first start QB passed to - what was largely regarded as the worst receiving crew in the NFL - all over us to the tune of 300 yards.

What's funny is hw much the last field goal by Gould meant. But many forget we let them get into FG range on the drive before that and only a 14 yard penalty pushed them out.

We had ONE offensive scoring drive today.

We were outclassed across the aboard: Talent, coaching, offense, defense....

Pace has built a shit show for a team

The 1 scoring drive came on a short field after the int. This happened against the 28th ranked defense in the league...at home.

We thought the last year of Trestman was bad. He atleast won 5 games. I can’t wait for this decade of Bears football is over.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I said earlier in the week that the Niners would be energized and ready to play whereas the Bears look like they had already quit on the season. Jimmy G gives the Niners hope. They didn't score a TD against the Bears, but they moved the ball and dominated time of possession by a country mile. Jimmy G, like Trubisky, needs more weapons, but Jimmy G is also better suited to elevate the game of whatever weapons he has available to him. When the Niners draft Barkley, that will be a step in the right direction for that offense. Niners will make the playoffs before the Bears do. Bears likely don't make the playoffs again until Rodgers is retired anyway.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The 1 scoring drive came on a short field after the int. This happened against the 28th ranked defense in the league...at home.

We thought the last year of Trestman was bad. He atleast won 5 games. I can’t wait for this decade of Bears football is over.

Trestman actually won 8 games one year. 13 total wins in 2 seasons.

Fox has won less games in 3 years than Trestman in 2...

Fuck this fucking team. Fuck the McCaskeys.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Not hard to game plan against a team that goes Run, Run, Pass, Punt the entire game. The conservative play calling is having the exact opposite affect Fox and Dowell want it to have. Defenses load the box on first and second downs and play pass and allow the front to pin their ears back on third and 5+. I never thought I would see an offense more boring than the Kyle Orton rookie season, but this is painful.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
After about 8 games for Trubisky now, it appears that the offense is limited by no one else but Trubisky. The Bears aren't going to come out and say it, but it seems to me that having only 13 starts since high school before NFL action makes Trubisky more or less as completely unprepared for the NFL game as one could possibly be. I still think Trubisky has a bright future, but it's gonna be awhile until he gets there.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The offense is shit but the defense has completely fallen apart. Remember when Hicks was dominating? Where the hell is Goldman? We lose Floyd and no pass rush exists. No NFL defense should be built that way. The secondary...well they try to prove today you don’t need good WRs to move the ball.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The offense is shit but the defense has completely fallen apart. Remember when Hicks was dominating? Where the hell is Goldman? We lose Floyd and no pass rush exists. No NFL defense should be built that way. The secondary...well they try to prove today you don’t need good WRs to move the ball.

Honestly, the defense started dominating when Glennon was benched and Trubisky came in. The team was charged with optimism and played like it. Problem is that we still suck and that optimism has worn off from all the losing and from more shitty offensive play.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
After about 8 games for Trubisky now, it appears that the offense is limited by no one else but Trubisky. The Bears aren't going to come out and say it, but it seems to me that having only 13 starts since high school before NFL action makes Trubisky more or less as completely unprepared for the NFL game as one could possibly be. I still think Trubisky has a bright future, but it's gonna be awhile until he gets there.
You can't be serious.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Truth be told, every last NFL team has some talent. Some just don't have enough and suck cause of it.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
All them 1 yd stretch plays from captain brick hands didn't impress you?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If the McCaskeys never sell...at least get Sweaty Teddy the hell outta there.

Most older Bears fans have been bitching about this for...many a year

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
1. Every team has 'some talent'.
2. Most shit teams have shit coaching.
3. This is just another shit thread, started by a shit poster.

Somewhere Novak is laughing.

Lmao this is exactly what I was thinking. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to expect anything differently from these buffoons next year.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the McCaskeys never sell...at least get Sweaty Teddy the hell outta there.

Most older Bears fans have been bitching about this for...many a year

Oh no, would getting rid of Ted Phillips feel like a win? Fuck, you're right. I just threw up a little.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Teddy, so many straw men floating around in this one. Pace's record in free agency is terrible outside of 2016. Those of us wanting to see a targeted spend on, say, a couple of WRs ≠ spending $100m on a DT or Synder-ball. It's beyond parody!

I have no doubt that with competent coaching we would have won this game. We have been focussing entirely on developing Trubisky with the new HC hire but a close second requirement for me is getting someone who adds value on gameday. It is pitiful watching Fox blunder his way through games.

I do think that the fact the cupboard was so bare for so long has slightly blinded people to the realities of our current roster. We are clearly better than we were when Pace arrived (apart from WR and K which he has totally fucked up let's be honest) but we do not have a talented young roster compared to other teams. We could have with a great draft and a couple of good additions but we're not close yet.

Reactions: 1ke

greg23

Liked Posts:
Teddy, so many straw men floating around in this one. Pace's record in free agency is terrible outside of 2016. Those of us wanting to see a targeted spend on, say, a couple of WRs ≠ spending $100m on a DT or Synder-ball. It's beyond parody!

I have no doubt that with competent coaching we would have won this game. We have been focussing entirely on developing Trubisky with the new HC hire but a close second requirement for me is getting someone who adds value on gameday. It is pitiful watching Fox blunder his way through games.

I do think that the fact the cupboard was so bare for so long has slightly blinded people to the realities of our current roster. We are clearly better than we were when Pace arrived (apart from WR and K which he has totally fucked up let's be honest) but we do not have a talented young roster compared to other teams. We could have with a great draft and a couple of good additions but we're not close yet.

Are we really clearly better?

Because I see a lack of playmakers; depth and needs at almost every positional group except maybe Rb.

No doubt the end of Angelo, emery fuked over this roster but pace sure has missed in fa, gotten rid of talented NFL players and is banking his job on trubisky who will bust out within 182--24 months if the right offsive staff and support system isn't brought in this january.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Are we really clearly better?

Because I see a lack of playmakers; depth and needs at almost every positional group except maybe Rb.

No doubt the end of Angelo, emery fuked over this roster but pace sure has missed in fa, gotten rid of talented NFL players and is banking his job on trubisky who will bust out within 182--24 months if the right offsive staff and support system isn't brought in this january.

Floyd & McPhee both went out. Floyd in his 2nd year was takin steps to be lookin like that play-maker. Freeman was ballin last year and he's been out. play-maker. Trevathan in & out. Akiem Hicks play-maker was quiet but yea 3 man rush. Unrein went out.

Meredith was a play-maker for a slot receiver maybe as a #2 even. Out. Howard was put in predictable runs but also Cohen should have been given the stretch plays that require speed to hit the edge. Cohen play-maker scored on a heart stopping return but was wiped out on dumb penalties by the 4th string TE. While the rookie TE wasn't allowed to play. Kyle Long when healthy is a good run blocker but he's patchwork atm.

Talents there. It's not a lot and it's not deep but it's there. And being put to bad use.