Close

Poll: Who do you like at this very early point?

This poll will close on 01-01-2018 at 01:55 AM

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you want.

I'll take Garoppolo based on a tiny sample size.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Well Jimmy G was throwing to dudes with 5-7 yard cushions all game and failed to get a touchdown. I'm fine with Mitch idk what people are expecting out of him in his rookie year with this shit show of a team.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mitchapalooza For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    Who do you want.

I'll take Garoppolo based on a tiny sample size.
    Only way you're getting him is if you are a 49ers fan. So what's the point of this thread other than to troll.
    "Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else."
    Hidden Content

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mjiton For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mjiton View Post
    Only way you're getting him is if you are a 49ers fan. So what's the point of this thread other than to troll.
    The point is to compare two NFL QB's at very different points in their development. I'm surprised you need an explanation. I should probably adjust my expectations for your posts. That's a shame.
    Hidden Content

Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to number51 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The point is to compare two NFL QB's at very different points in their development. I'm surprised you need an explanation. I should probably adjust my expectations for your posts. That's a shame.
    It does need an explanation because it's a troll post.
    Comparing "two NFL QB's at very different points in their development." with two very different environments can do nothing but create a false equivalence.
    So to explain it to you in more simple terms. It's dumb. Its only motivation is to create argument. And thereby, Troll.
    Hidden Content

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mjiton For This Useful Post:

It does need an explanation because it's a troll post.
    Comparing "two NFL QB's at very different points in their development." with two very different environments can do nothing but create a false equivalence.
    So to explain it to you in more simple terms. It's dumb. Its only motivation is to create argument. And thereby, Troll.
    Triggered.

Calm down man, if this thread is based on a stupid question the thread will die of natural causes. I'm sorry I upset you. I thought it was a legit question, it seems you disagree. I hope you can stop derailing long enough to see what happens.

Thanks.
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo

Triggered.

Calm down man, if this thread is based on a stupid question the thread will die of natural causes. I'm sorry I upset you. I thought it was a legit question, it seems you disagree. I hope you can stop derailing long enough to see what happens.

Thanks.
    Lol, whatever snowflake.
    Bad threads flourish on this forum.
    Derailing? Yeah that's a good description of dumb threads like this one.
    This team has serious problems like well the entire team and coaches. And you numb nuts distract from it by focusing like a thirsty stalker bitch on a rookie with half a season starts amid this shit show run team... because what he's a game manager? Fuckin dumb... and just unreal.
    Bitchin about the bad playing calling? Bitching about the pass coverage that let the 49ers receivers consistently get wide open.
    The dumb stretch runs with Howard instead of Cohen. When Howard should be slashing out of shotgun and off guard off tackle.
    Bitchin about dropped passes and bad routes. Bad blocking. Sloppy penalties....

Nope bitchin about a rookie with a 117.5 QBR, under the guise of a "comparison thread".
    Hidden Content

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjiton For This Useful Post:

Lol, whatever snowflake.
    Bad threads flourish on this forum.
    Derailing? Yeah that's a good description of dumb threads like this one.
    This team has serious problems like well the entire team and coaches. And you numb nuts distract from it by focusing like a thirsty stalker bitch on a rookie with half a season starts amid this shit show run team... because what he's a game manager? Fuckin dumb... and just unreal.
    Bitchin about the bad playing calling? Bitching about the pass coverage that let the 49ers receivers consistently get wide open.
    The dumb stretch runs with Howard instead of Cohen. When Howard should be slashing out of shotgun and off guard off tackle.
    Bitchin about dropped passes and bad routes. Bad blocking. Sloppy penalties....

Nope bitchin about a rookie with a 117.5 QBR, under the guise of a "comparison thread".
    Whoa, I asked a question, I thought it would be interesting. I'm so sorry my question angered you. I have no idea what your problem is. Could you please go away and let's see if other posters have any thoughts on the subject?

Let's not turn this simple question into another CCS beef. It's up to you, be the new The Hawk, or let the thread run it's course. Please just stop being that guy.
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo

Whoa, I asked a question, I thought it would be interesting. I'm so sorry my question angered you. I have no idea what your problem is. Could you please go away and let's see if other posters have any thoughts on the subject?

Let's not turn this simple question into another CCS beef. It's up to you, be the new The Hawk, or let the thread run it's course. Please just stop being that guy.
    See. dumb shit. My posting isn't keeping anyone from posting in it. In fact it keeps it alive, unfortunately. But I just love how victimized you are acting. "Omg don't be *insert posters name*." "Don't be angry with me" Pft...

I think it's just obvious right now everyone is pissed... at the Bears.
    Hidden Content

See. dumb shit. My posting isn't keeping anyone from posting in it. In fact it keeps it alive, unfortunately. But I just love how victimized you are acting. "Omg don't be *insert posters name*." "Don't be angry with me" Pft...

I think it's just obvious right now everyone is pissed... at the Bears.
    Okay. You might be right, lame thread, can we see how it plays out?

Try to calm down, thanks for the bumps,
    Hidden Content

Garoppolo and it's not even close. We saw a QB could still look good even with bad receivers. Jimmy's first start with his new loser team and rookie 5th round wr Trent Taylor had, by far, his best game to date while Marquise Goodwin had more receptions than he ever had in a game in his 5 years in the NFL. Both are very small receivers but fans of the Niners can be encouraged that they finally have that QB who can move that offense even without any real weapons. Fans of losing teams need stuff like that so they can have hope for the near future.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Garoppolo and it's not even close. We saw a QB could still look good even with bad receivers. Jimmy's first start with his new loser team and rookie 5th round wr Trent Taylor had, by far, his best game to date while Marquise Goodwin had more receptions than he ever had in a game in his 5 years in the NFL. Both are very small receivers but fans of the Niners can be encouraged that they finally have that QB who can move that offense even without any real weapons. Fans of losing teams need stuff like that so they can have hope for the near future.
    Like Bryan Hoyer last year who can move the ball between the 20’s. But could never get it inside the end zone inside the 20’s. Should have kept him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SiDe WaYs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SiDe WaYs View Post
    Like Bryan Hoyer last year who can move the ball between the 20’s. But could never get it inside the end zone inside the 20’s. Should have kept him

Yep, never get it in the end zone in any of the many many games he's played with this previously 1-10 team. They didn't have a lot of penalties neither and plenty of redzone targets like most 1-10 teams do. And, of course, the idea of the final drive was to milk the clock and take it down as far as possible but you probably know that. You are so smart.

And should have kept Hoyer. Bears don't have anything better at the moment. Or maybe you like the fact the Bears offense can't stay on the field for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Brett Hundley looked great against the Bears and then fell on his face the next week. That being said, Garoppolo looked very good considering a bad offensive line, no name wide receivers, and only knowing a portion of the playbook. I was very impressed. But it could very well just be that the Bears suck really bad right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How about Garoppolo instead of Glennon to let Trubisky sit for the year?
    That would be in impossibility to see. Just how bad could these coaches make Garoppolo look? How much of Glennon was the coaches?

As far as for the future, Mitch. My darling Mitch. Until he gets a chance with some real coaches or these coaches ruin him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wasn't that impressed with Garapallo. He wasn't able to get in the end zone for one and our pass rush was atrocious. He had all day to pick us apart. He will probably be decent but nothing I saw made me too upset that we have mitch instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagman310 For This Useful Post:

Goodwin would instantly be the best wr on the bears. I don't think fans are grasping how incredibly inept our wr corp is. Inman was and should be a number 4 on a good team, yet he comes here mid season and is instantly an upgrade and our number one receiver. In my opinion trubisky gets a pass until we at least see him with a little bit of talent around him.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaufman20Embalm For This Useful Post:

I wanted Jimmy G more then I wanted Trubisky this off season but this game alone there is no way I take Garappolo..

If the rolls where reversed and we had jimmy G against the 49ers and he couldnt even throw a TD against one of the worst teams in the league?!? I would be feeling real nervous about him.

Trubisky completed 80% of his passes and actually threw a TD its not like he played bad..

Triggered.

Thanks.
    Like the roots of plants, threads in sports forums thrive in shit.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:

The real easy answer here is Kyle Shanahan.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Butkus34 For This Useful Post:

Impossible to tell. Every single Third and 10 (and the 49ers had a lot of them), Garoppalo would just toss up a lollipop 10 yard pass to an open receiver, who'd run it another 10 yards or so. I'm thinking Trubisky could've made the same passes. Trubisky had to do something yesterday Garoppalo didn't have to do---fit it into tight windows and launch the ball in there.

None of that is to rag on Garoppalo. He looked good. But based on what we saw, there's nothing to indicate he'd be the obvious pick if you could somehow magically make he and Trubisky switch places.

By the way, are we going to do this every time the Bears play against a young quarterback?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toast88 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we are giving Trubisky a longer leash because he is a rookie, then Garoppolo needs to get a little time to develop also with his new team. I think that while he has been in the League for 4 years, he has actually Started fewer games than Trubisky...I might be wrong.

I still like Trubisky, because I really think we have not yet seen the best of him. I hope that Fox is gone today and Dowell just throws the ball a ton to stretch Trubisky's learning curve in the final 4 games.
    FireFox!!

36. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast