Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can say that about any position that you can't fill in FA and that never happens at QB without a ton of unexpected luck. Pace has been trying to move up to 2 for a QB in every draft with the Bears so far. Nobody forced him. He just understands the importance of the position and was finally able to capitalize on the opportunity.

The pick itself will be open to debate but forced? I guess you're forced to take any player that you need and may be gone if you don't move on them. If we didn't need a pass rusher, Pace wouldn't have been forced to trade up for Floyd, LOL. Heck we could have just waited for Peterman, Webb or Kaaya like many here wanted. Nothing was forced. It's called a decision.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
You can say that about any position that you can't fill in FA and that never happens at QB without a ton of unexpected luck. Pace has been trying to move up to 2 for a QB in every draft with the Bears so far. Nobody forced him. He just understands the importance of the position and was finally able to capitalize on the opportunity.

The pick itself will be open to debate but forced? I guess you're forced to take any player that you need and may be gone if you don't move on them. If we didn't need a pass rusher, Pace wouldn't have been forced to trade up for Floyd, LOL. Heck we could have just waited for Peterman, Webb or Kaaya like many here wanted. Nothing was forced. It's called a decision.

Personally, I think you underestimate the meddling the McCaskey's & Phillips do in this organization.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every single analyst to a man that I've heard on the radio lately has said Trubisky hasn't been good enough and hasn't looked encouraging. I wonder who knows more, these professional analysts or the Department of QB Defense, Homer Division on our own CCS. Hmm, tough one.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Every single analyst to a man that I've heard on the radio lately has said Trubisky hasn't been good enough and hasn't looked encouraging. I wonder who knows more, these professional analysts or the Department of QB Defense, Homer Division on our own CCS. Hmm, tough one.

Name names or GTFO.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really, it was just a few hours ago? You linked the infamous "bust" quote that changed the the world.

Senior moment?

You asked for a link and I provided. It was your wierd over the top reply that got the WTF.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Name names or GTFO.

Mike Florio, Matt Miller, Dan Pompei, Mike Lombardi, Tom Thayer, Greg Gabriel, and others not on the top of my head. It's a consistent opinion. They acknowledge that they need more around him but consistently say his own play hasn't been good and he's struggled adapting to the NFL.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You haven't heard any good feedback is laughable. Matt Bowen for one, Louis Riddick is another, Gil Brandt, Bill Polian... there are more.

You come across like you expect MT to be lighting it up right now while in the infantcy of his pro career.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You haven't heard any good feedback is laughable. Matt Bowen for one, Louis Riddick is another, Gil Brandt, Bill Polian... there are more.

You come across like you expect MT to be lighting it up right now while in the infantcy of his pro career.

Saying he's "shown flashes" in between talking about how bad he is doesn't count as good feedback, imo.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mike Florio, Matt Miller, Dan Pompei, Mike Lombardi, Tom Thayer, Greg Gabriel, and others not on the top of my head. It's a consistent opinion. They acknowledge that they need more around him but consistently say his own play hasn't been good and he's struggled adapting to the NFL.

I've heard several Gabriel interviews and not heard this from him. Last one I heard from him was him saying he thought Mitch was going to be a damn good QB. Not doubting you.... Just saying I heard different. Haven't heard the others you mentioned since I don't do radio much.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guest (didn't get his name) on Mully and Hanley just got done saying he likes what he sees from MT despite the weak talent he has around him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have no idea who this is or if it's accurate, and didn't think it was thread worthy so I'll leave it here. If true.... it's kind of interesting and shows what everyone has said all along.... Trubisky only has a few players on this team that know how to catch a football.

Johnathan Wood‏
@Johnathan_Wood1
Follow Follow @Johnathan_Wood1
More
In 4 games since bye, Trubisky is 46/61 (75%) for 480 yards (7.8 yards per attempt) and 2 TDs to Inman, Wright, Cohen, and Shaheen.

24/47 (51%) for 243 yards (5.2 yards per attempt) and 1 TD to everybody else.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was not my guy going into the draft but even though there was a lot to like about him as a prospect. We can't forget that he was a long term project vs Watson because of the lack of playing experience.

There is a lot to be desired in his performance thus far but I still think given as bad as the numbers have been he has done a good job of taking care of the ball which shows some maturity and a huge plus.

In the end I hope getting some of these growing pains out of the way this season will speed up his growth and with the help of a better supporting cast and some NFL quality coaching he will turn a corner next season.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That particular post was directed to Satchice.

There were several posters who claimed that Watson didn't have the skills for the NFL. Most have disappeared since he came in and put over 30 on the board in every start, breaking rookie records and being on pace for an MVP candidate, but credit to Satchice, he stuck around. Just too bad he hasn't yet been able to accept that, at this point in their respective careers at least, Watson is considerably better.

To be fair I made a lengthy post where I stated that I was wrong about Watson. I said he was better then I thought. I especially like his game I do give a lot of credit to his success to mostly his coaches/play calling and his teammates. The Rookie phenom has a 3-3 record with wins over Cincy, Titians, and the Browns.

If you are really interested in fairly comparing the 2 QBs lets try to find the most even stage they will both preform on. The only common opponents they face are the Cleveland Browns. This is a game where the Texans had a 33-3 lead over the Browns at the end of the 3rd QTR. Watson stats were 17/29 225 yards 3 TDs 1 INT. Those are good stats, but I expect Trubisky to preform better. It is hard to say who has easier throws or is put in bad situations, but I think we can agree that 3rd and 6or more is called the money down for a reason and 1st down passes are generally the easiest to complete. So when comparing there passes how many of them come on 1st down and what is the completion % on 3rd down, and 3rd and long?

I really don't care about a QB that throws a 60yard pass to a wide open WR on a broken play, a bunch of screen passes that end up being 40+ yards and then a couple 50/50 jump ball in the end zone and ends up with 3tds and 400yards. Most every QB in the NFL can make those throws. I am more impressed to see a QB that can bail out his team on 3rd and 6 to keep a drive alive at least 50% of the time. Oh BTW I am not saying that Trubisky or Watson is in either of these categories... I will have to wait until the Browns game and then look at the Drive Play by Play log.

Thoughts?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is funny all the analyst I heard say that they like him and that he has shown flashes of being really good. I don't listen to the local Chicago media much living in Pittsburgh.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Trubisky can be a good QB in the NFL. His problem was that he was drafted by a backwards organization in the Bears. The chances that Trubisky reaches his full potential in Chicago are slim unfortunately.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was not my guy going into the draft but even though there was a lot to like about him as a prospect. We can't forget that he was a long term project vs Watson because of the lack of playing experience.

There is a lot to be desired in his performance thus far but I still think given as bad as the numbers have been he has done a good job of taking care of the ball which shows some maturity and a huge plus.

In the end I hope getting some of these growing pains out of the way this season will speed up his growth and with the help of a better supporting cast and some NFL quality coaching he will turn a corner next season.

He certainly has a good arm and he's a good athlete. He has a lot of talent. He's just incredibly green. A lot of people are talking about him having a Wentz type breakout year, and while I do think he has as much ability as Wentz, Wentz was a four year starter in a pro-style offense and was far more NFL ready than Trubisky. I think he can turn that corner and be a really good QB, but I think for him it probably happens in year 3 rather than year 2. I expect improvement next year but I think 2019 is when he really has everything together.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

Mike florio is an NFL gossip columnist

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair I made a lengthy post where I stated that I was wrong about Watson. I said he was better then I thought. I especially like his game I do give a lot of credit to his success to mostly his coaches/play calling and his teammates. The Rookie phenom has a 3-3 record with wins over Cincy, Titians, and the Browns.

If you are really interested in fairly comparing the 2 QBs lets try to find the most even stage they will both preform on. The only common opponents they face are the Cleveland Browns. This is a game where the Texans had a 33-3 lead over the Browns at the end of the 3rd QTR. Watson stats were 17/29 225 yards 3 TDs 1 INT. Those are good stats, but I expect Trubisky to preform better. It is hard to say who has easier throws or is put in bad situations, but I think we can agree that 3rd and 6or more is called the money down for a reason and 1st down passes are generally the easiest to complete. So when comparing there passes how many of them come on 1st down and what is the completion % on 3rd down, and 3rd and long?

I really don't care about a QB that throws a 60yard pass to a wide open WR on a broken play, a bunch of screen passes that end up being 40+ yards and then a couple 50/50 jump ball in the end zone and ends up with 3tds and 400yards. Most every QB in the NFL can make those throws. I am more impressed to see a QB that can bail out his team on 3rd and 6 to keep a drive alive at least 50% of the time. Oh BTW I am not saying that Trubisky or Watson is in either of these categories... I will have to wait until the Browns game and then look at the Drive Play by Play log.

Thoughts?

I think it will be 2019 until you can really compare Watson and Trubisky. The difference in experience and NFL readiness is too vast right now.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He certainly has a good arm and he's a good athlete. He has a lot of talent. He's just incredibly green. A lot of people are talking about him having a Wentz type breakout year, and while I do think he has as much ability as Wentz, Wentz was a four year starter in a pro-style offense and was far more NFL ready than Trubisky. I think he can turn that corner and be a really good QB, but I think for him it probably happens in year 3 rather than year 2. I expect improvement next year but I think 2019 is when he really has everything together.

I think he will have his break out season when he get a good play caller and a better supporting cast.

From Bowen:
"Trubisky still doesn't have a wide receiver that can go make a play for him when the ball isn't perfect. He doesn't have a guy that can catch the ball outside of their frame consistently, like a [Houston Texans receiver] DeAndre Hopkins. The narrative would be a little different if DeAndre Hopkins was playing with Trubisky. Anyone that's watched Hopkins, that ball from the quarterback to Hopkins doesn't have to be perfect because Hopkins is going to make the catch. In terms of having that top-tier No. 1 wide receiver, the Bears don't have that right now. That's going to impact some things. You have to be honest about that."