Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah ok......so now all you Bears fans were watching Manning in 1998

LOL what? Why is it so hard to believe anyone would watch the #1 pick in the draft. You do know there were televisions in 1998, ESPN existed, football was everywhere. I really don't understand why you find this so hard to believe.

I was shocked when another poster hadn't heard about RG3 ruining his career due to his play style. How can you claim to be an NFL fan and not know obvious big stories like Manning in 1998 or RG3 just a few years ago, both were huge stories and received tons of coverage.

I get the feeling some posters don't actually follow the NFL.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL what? Why is it so hard to believe anyone would watch the #1 pick in the draft. You do know there were televisions in 1998, ESPN existed, football was everywhere. I really don't understand why you find this so hard to believe.

I was shocked when another poster hadn't heard about RG3 ruining his career due to his play style. How can you claim to be an NFL fan and not know obvious big stories like Manning in 1998 or RG3 just a few years ago, both were huge stories and received tons of coverage.

I get the feeling some posters don't actually follow the NFL.

So u watched one or two of his games and gathered all that Intel to come say...I knew PM would be great, despite looking like garbage for several weeks

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8rnPjr6U1c

Here you go. I’m sure you already know the play that injured RGIII was a non contact play. His play style of ‘taking a snap’ leading to his final injury. Interesting since you seem to say his play style of ‘loving contact’ was his issue.

You are literally making that shit up. Do you watch the NFL?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So u watched one or two of his games and gathered all that Intel to come say...I knew PM would be great, despite looking like garbage for several weeks

What intel? I watched Sports Center, Pro Football Weekly, NFL pregame shows, wrap up shows, and games. I read these things called News Papers, The Sporting news, Sports Illustrated. The things fans do, I didn't need to do any research to remember what happened 19 years ago, I was a fan in 1998, so I watched it happen. I'm guessing you did not watch it happen, maybe because of age, no shame in being a 5 year old in '98, just don't be surprised that an adult followed the NFL before you were old enough to.

Kind of strange that someone would think 1998 was the stone age because it was before smartphones so there was no possible way to follow NFL games. He actually thinks I had to go back in some archives to find out about Manning's rookie season. "research to get Intel" :lmao:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Here you go. I’m sure you already know the play that injured RGIII was a non contact play. His play style of ‘taking a snap’ leading to his final injury. Interesting since you seem to say his play style of ‘loving contact’ was his issue.

Wow, you think his 'final injury' was with the Redskins? You're asking me if I watch the NFL, enough to know his final injury was with the Browns and was a shoulder injury.

I feel like I'm teaching a remedial Football 101 class.

Read and learn.
"While RG3’s plunging knockdown of Harper might have sent hearts thumping on the Washington bench, it showed a recklessness, a need to prove his toughness through the kind of contact a quarterback should not want. It was the kind of thing he could never eliminate from his game, despite the pleas of too many coaches. Now it may have cost him the last great chance of his career."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/sep/12/robert-griffin-cleveland-browns-injury-career

Here are his last four NFL "injuries":
Week 13, 2013 — Long-term health concerns
Week 2, 2014 — Dislocated ankle
Preseason 2015 — Concussion
Week 1, 2016 — Shoulder fracture

https://www.si.com/nfl/robert-griffin-cleveland-browns-injury-history

Four seasons without a knee injury. The guy could not or would not avoid contact, it cost him. I was a big story at the time.

Some irony in his last injury: "On Monday, Griffin was placed on injured reserve with a fractured coracoid bone in his left shoulder. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of the Browns' 29–10 loss to the Eagles after he was hit while trying to run out of bounds."

Maybe he finally caught on at the very end.

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Good point. Everyone does talk about RGIII's style of taking hits, but just like Watson's, it was a non contact injury. That show's more potential for re injury to me.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Wow, you think his 'final injury' was with the Redskins? You're asking me if I watch the NFL, enough to know his final injury was with the Browns and was a shoulder injury.

Read and learn.
"While RG3’s plunging knockdown of Harper might have sent hearts thumping on the Washington bench, it showed a recklessness, a need to prove his toughness through the kind of contact a quarterback should not want. It was the kind of thing he could never eliminate from his game, despite the pleas of too many coaches. Now it may have cost him the last great chance of his career."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/sep/12/robert-griffin-cleveland-browns-injury-career

Four seasons without a knee injury. The guy could not or would not avoid contact, it cost him. I was a big story at the time.

Some irony in his last injury: "On Monday, Griffin was placed on injured reserve with a fractured coracoid bone in his left shoulder. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of the Browns' 29–10 loss to the Eagles after he was hit while trying to run out of bounds."

Well, while you're teaching class, going on and on about their playing styles, really they both hurt their knee on non contact plays. What's their style have to do with anything?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Read and learn.

Dislocated ankle play... another non contact.
rg3-ankle-injury.gif

Go on with your 'schooling' of me though. How can you seriously end on a note that says his final injury was when he was running out of bounds and then expect me to agree his style was to 'initiate' contact.

Edit: Here's the video of RGIII concussion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEnAc1L_AZc

He moved up in the pocket because of the pressure and a routine play and takes a hit still behind the line of scrimmage. He's caught from behind and then he takes a hit head on. Hardly initiating contact like you are making it out to be.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
rg3-ankle-injury.gif

Go on with your 'schooling' of me though. How can you seriously end on a note that says his final injury was when he was running out of bounds and then expect me to agree his style was to 'initiate' contact.

Edit: Here's the video of RGIII concussion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEnAc1L_AZc

He moved up in the pocket because of the pressure and a routine play and takes a hit still behind the line of scrimmage. He's caught from behind and then he takes a hit head on. Hardly initiating contact like you are making it out to be.

I still can't believe no flag was thrown in that hit. Also on shoulder injury, he is shoved from behind trying to go out of bounds and is hit.

He didnt know how to slide...but looking for contact was not his style.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What intel? I watched Sports Center, Pro Football Weekly, NFL pregame shows, wrap up shows, and games. I read these things called News Papers, The Sporting news, Sports Illustrated. The things fans do, I didn't need to do any research to remember what happened 19 years ago, I was a fan in 1998, so I watched it happen. I'm guessing you did not watch it happen, maybe because of age, no shame in being a 5 year old in '98, just don't be surprised that an adult followed the NFL before you were old enough to.

Kind of strange that someone would think 1998 was the stone age because it was before smartphones so there was no possible way to follow NFL games. He actually thinks I had to go back in some archives to find out about Manning's rookie season. "research to get Intel" :lmao:

So again...most of what u watched was highlights. You and Spartan act like you watched him, like u are Mitch. I know ur full of it, because most games that where on, are the same time the Bears played. I already posted articles about him, but as usual the retort was "Waaah he is not PM"....no one said he was, but at the time of 178 throws, it was similar production. Spartan claiming he saw this and that...yeah ok. You decided to chime in and admit u watched highlights, etc. Both of u guys are making shit up...opps my bad, highlights tell the story now......Here is a clue...while him and Leaf were struggling who was actually playing well as a rookie? I surely recall who.....but please tell us with all your "following football" knowledge.

Oh by the way have you seen this guys highlights...going to be amazing

[video=youtube_share;mcfhop59D-s]https://youtu.be/mcfhop59D-s[/video]

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Umm, did you see the wrap on his knee? Shouldn't have been playing in the 1st place but that snap is not why RG3's career failed.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At some point you have to take into account his injury. He ain't better than anyone right now cuz he ain't playing. He had a serious knee injury in College, and he's had one in his rookie year. Actually being on the playing field is part of the equation even if he's the next freakin Joe Montana.

Don't forget these ones as well

Sep 10, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1
Nov 20, 2014 Non-NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Suffered torn ACL in practice.
Nov 15, 2014 Non-NFL Knee ICL Strain Grade 2
Oct 11, 2014 Non-NFL Hand Finger Fracture
Apr 7, 2014 Non-NFL Shoulder Clavical Fracture Suffered a "slight crack" in his collarbone..
2013 suffered a serious knee injury late in his final high school game

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
rg3-ankle-injury.gif

Don't think you understand what contact is. Without contact, his ankle would be fine. Again, not why he's had a less than great career. More about being able or at least willing to play within a system. I bet he's still stronger and faster than many of today's top QBs.

Unfortunately, you tend to be more 'unlucky' with that play style and have greater performance drops as you get older or accumulate injuries unless you become a good pocket passer in the NFL. Doesn't mean you can't be mobile like Wilson but you need to be good in the pocket 1st and understand how to protect yourself when you scramble or roll.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Read and learn.

Well, while you're teaching class, going on and on about their playing styles, really they both hurt their knee on non contact plays. What's their style have to do with anything?

Did you notice RG3's last four injuries in the NFL had nothing to do with his knees? RG3's inability or unwillingness to protect himself killed his career.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Read and learn.

rg3-ankle-injury.gif

Don't act like this is just my opinion, it was common knowledge every NFL analyst, coach, player, fan, anyone paying any attention knew this. His own coaching staff tried to teach him to slide. The fact that RG3 did not protect himself was not a theory, it was a well known fact at the time. You didn't know about it, you missed it, get over it. There is no discussion, it is a matter of history.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So again...most of what u watched was highlights.

No, I watched his games. I have no idea what you think the world was like in 1998 but there was extensive NFL coverage. A lot of people watched Manning's games, he was the #1 pick, lot's of interest, lot's of criticisms, obvious talent.

You have to get past your bizarre concept that 1998 was like colonial times. People watched NFL games religiously, constantly, and enjoyed them very much. Just because you were to young to remember it, does not mean it didn't happen.

Okay recess kids, go blow off some steam.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
True but Brees didn't start right away like the others but, yeah, he took a few years to get going. Yeah, Stafford was bad early on and had injuries his first 2 years. Smith was horrible for many years. Surprised they stuck with him as long as they did. Think Harbaugh saved his career before, you know, stabbing him in the back, Haha

Still from a fan's perspective, you'd like to see more early on to give ya hope of a quick turnaround and not just concern that it isn't going to work out and the process of waiting for it to will only set the team back more.

To the bolded...me too.
The Brees, Smith, Stafford arcs are pretty rare. You do usually see flashes from the brilliant ones immediately.

...but- with fox and this WR group, it is enough for me to give trubs a pass for this season (barring any glaring faults developing) and wait to see what pans out.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I watched his games. I have no idea what you think the world was like in 1998 but there was extensive NFL coverage. A lot of people watched Manning's games, he was the #1 pick, lot's of interest, lot's of criticisms, obvious talent.

You have to get past your bizarre concept that 1998 was like colonial times. People watched NFL games religiously, constantly, and enjoyed them very much. Just because you were to young to remember it, does not mean it didn't happen.

Okay recess kids, go blow off some steam.

Yawn....please tell us how many games u saw of his. Apparently when the Bears were not on...u watched Peyton Manning and evaluated him every Sunday.

Still can't tell us what the story was early on that year. Yet u claim u have great knowledge about the season and QB play.
Who would have known you been evaluating QBs since 1998

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yawn....please tell us how many games u saw of his. Apparently when the Bears were not on...u watched Peyton Manning and evaluated him every Sunday.

Still can't tell us what the story was early on that year. Yet u claim u have great knowledge about the season and QB play.

As someone who followed the team that lost out on manning and got leaf, I can tell you that the Colts were a frequent television darling- aired frequently... watched him frequently wishing the Chargers had gotten him.
It helped that the number one pick played Marino, Bledsoe, Young, Testeverde, Flutie, and Leaf in the early part of the season.
There was a shit ton of draw to the indy games.
That, plus being one state away, I dont find it at all a stretch to believe many here watched a lot of his games in year one.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As someone who followed the team that lost out on manning and got leaf, I can tell you that the Colts were a frequent television darling- aired frequently... watched him frequently wishing the Chargers had gotten him.
It helped that the number one pick played Marino, Bledsoe, Young, Testeverde, Flutie, and Leaf in the early part of the season.
There was a shit ton of draw to the indy games.
That, plus being one state away, I dont find it at all a stretch to believe many here watched a lot of his games in year one.

So like 5 to 6 games and in that time people on this board were evaluating his play like they are now with Tribs. Umm ok...I saw him like 4 times and at no time was I like....oh shit this guy will be amazing. As a matter fact I saw his first game and he had multiple turnovers against Marino....I remember that...I also remember a guy named Charlie Batch outperforming him and Leaf early on with the Lions.

Point is we have watched every snap of Mitch...acting like they did it with Manning is comical. Also what is their age? We're they watching sports with their keen eye? Doubt it.

Last edited: