Close

Poll: Who do you like at this very early point?

This poll will close on 01-01-2018 at 01:55 AM

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, never get it in the end zone in any of the many many games he's played with this previously 1-10 team. They didn't have a lot of penalties neither and plenty of redzone targets like most 1-10 teams do. And, of course, the idea of the final drive was to milk the clock and take it down as far as possible but you probably know that. You are so smart.

And should have kept Hoyer. Bears don't have anything better at the moment. Or maybe you like the fact the Bears offense can't stay on the field for more than a couple minutes at a time.
    That last drive though. Too bad the Great Garrappalo couldnít get it into the end zone you know those first couple of tries. Itís not like Bears have better receivers than the 9ers. Some how Trubisky threw a strike for one in the RedZone. But letís discuss the last drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    Who do you want.

I'll take Garoppolo based on a tiny sample size.
    Who cares they are both good. Trubisky has a little more talent, but Jimmy is a little more experienced. I'd be happy with either. Truth is the Bears and the 49ers did a good job at finding a QB. The Browns, Chiefs, Giants, and Texans still don't know what they got. Texans are probably in the worst situation because there 2018 pick they gave top to Browns looks like it could be a top 5 pick with a lot of QB talent on the board.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to satchice For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    Who do you want.

I'll take Garoppolo based on a tiny sample size.
    3.5 years in league behind Brady with competent coaches vs 7 game guy with incompetent coaches and wrs....nice comparison

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Calabis For This Useful Post:

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that JG is vastly better at this point is a delusional homer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearmick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by satchice View Post
    truth is the bears and the 49ers did a good job at finding a qb. The browns, chiefs, giants, and texans still don't know what they got.
    lol

JG is better today, as he should be, but I sure donít make that trade.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jimmy Two Times Garoppolo and Shanahan is a match made in heaven. They're going to own the NFCW in a couple years for a decade especially if Lynch can build a defense... Sorry Russell/Goff, your front offices haven't fleeced in a while. Your teams will regress like the Cardinals.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Adipost View Post
    Brett Hundley looked great against the Bears and then fell on his face the next week. That being said, Garoppolo looked very good considering a bad offensive line, no name wide receivers, and only knowing a portion of the playbook. I was very impressed. But it could very well just be that the Bears suck really bad right now.
    Hundley has played well the last couple of weeks and Garoppolo looked very good? I'd say he looked pretty good for all the time he had to run around to find an open WR but zero TD's against a bad team. So Jimmy gets a pass for having a bad o-line and no WR's but Trubs doesn't get a pass for the the players he has to deal with and he's a rookie who's only started one season in college? These comments aren't meant for just you Adi cause i know you don't come down on Trubs as bad as certain others do. I wonder how that game would of looked if we switched head coaches and play callers? Give Trubs K.Shanahan and give Jimmy Fox/Loggains...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mdbearz View Post
    If we are giving Trubisky a longer leash because he is a rookie, then Garoppolo needs to get a little time to develop also with his new team. I think that while he has been in the League for 4 years, he has actually Started fewer games than Trubisky...I might be wrong.

I still like Trubisky, because I really think we have not yet seen the best of him. I hope that Fox is gone today and Dowell just throws the ball a ton to stretch Trubisky's learning curve in the final 4 games.
    Yeah i think Jimmy started just 2 games for the Pats so this makes 3. I'm a Jimmy fan and would of loved to get Jimmy but i'm also very excited to see what Trubs can do with a real play caller and HC and with weapons to throw to.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmick View Post
    Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that JG is vastly better at this point is a delusional homer.
    lot of yards no TD and INT.. didnt we get rid of a guy like that?

Jg looked great between the 20s.. but the fact that he couldn't score on us and your crowning him is amusing even Hundley managed to score a TD lol

I loved JG and wanted to trade for him.. but to use this game where he couldnt score to show how great he was is just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by dbldrew View Post
    lot of yards no TD and INT.. didnt we get rid of a guy like that?

Jg looked great between the 20s.. but the fact that he couldn't score on us and your crowning him is amusing even Hundley managed to score a TD lol

I loved JG and wanted to trade for him.. but to use this game where he couldnt score to show how great he was is just dumb
    I wasn't so much talking about stats as their respective performances from the eye test of watching their pocket presence, field awareness, decision making, getting the ball out at the right time, and general mechanics. Garoppolo is just better.

But if we're going by numbers, Jimmy got his team in a position to score 5 times and they put up 15 offensive points. The Bears' offense scored once, 7 points. While obviously you'd rather have TDs, 15>7.

It was also Jimmy's first start on his team, not his 8th straight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Garoppolo is 3 years older and he learned behind the best QB to ever play this game, IMO he looks like a young Rodgers.

On the other hand, Trubs is younger and definitely has shown flashes of his talent.
    That said, I'm very doubtful if Bears management will hire the right HC/OC for his development, because if not, then this franchise should have gone after more NFL ready product in the Offseason (be that Garoppolo or Watson).

I wasn't so much talking about stats as their respective performances from the eye test of watching their pocket presence, field awareness, decision making, getting the ball out at the right time, and general mechanics. Garoppolo is just better.

But if we're going by numbers, Jimmy got his team in a position to score 5 times and they put up 15 offensive points. The Bears' offense scored once, 7 points. While obviously you'd rather have TDs, 15>7.

Jimmy wasn’t that impressive yesterday. Furthermore, looking to the future, he’s about to cost $18M+ per year. No thanks to that based on the one game sample size everyone is taking between him and Trubisky.

they scored 0 offensive points! He looked great between the 20s and fell apart in the red zone.. you cant point to a QB who fell apart ever time in the red zone and use that game to point out how great he was.. Its beyond dumb to point to that performance as any indication that he is great.. He played a crappy team and coundnt score..

I'm sure he is going to be great.. but this performance isnt one to point to

they scored 0 offensive points! He looked great between the 20s and fell apart in the red zone.. you cant point to a QB who fell apart ever time in the red zone and use that game to point out how great he was.. Its beyond dumb to point to that performance as any indication that he is great.. He played a crappy team and coundnt score..

I'm sure he is going to be great.. but this performance isnt one to point to
    FGs are considered offensive points, as are extra points. Their offense drove down the field and got into scoring position 5 times. The Bears managed it once.

You keep saying "great". Not once did I say that JG was "great". I said he was better than Trubisky.

JG marched all over the Bears in the first start he's ever had on his team. Trubisky in his 8th could do nothing for most of the day. If you watched that game yesterday and you don't think JG outplayed Trubisky by a distance, there's literally no other explanation than blind homerism. They aren't close right now. Jimmy's command of an NFL offense is night and day comparted to Mitch.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bearmick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    JG is better today, as he should be, but I sure donít make that trade.

He looked better today, but he had all day to throw and there were wide open receivers. What I saw in that game is the scheme was miles better that Jimmy was playing in and he did a good job of getting the ball to open receivers. What I also saw was potentially limited arm strength when everything wasn't right. He floated a handful of passes out there, so we have to see what he looks like after he gets hits around a bit and has to play a game when the pocket isn't clean and he's actually under duress. We'll see. Anyone making grand proclamations between the two off of this game is just straight emotional.

On a side note, I think this and the Hundley game definitely expose Fangio at not adjusting well and being way too passive against inexperienced QB's. Honestly, how many times did the 49ers run the same damn routes and were wide open, particularly on third and long?

FGs are considered offensive points, as are extra points. Their offense drove down the field and got into scoring position 5 times. The Bears managed it once.

You keep saying "great". Not once did I say that JG was "great". I said he was better than Trubisky.

JG marched all over the Bears in the first start he's ever had on his team. Trubisky in his 8th could do nothing for most of the day. If you watched that game yesterday and you don't think JG outplayed Trubisky by a distance, there's literally no other explanation than blind homerism. They aren't close right now. Jimmy's command of an NFL offense is night and day comparted to Mitch.
    Jg had a great comp% of 70%.. not as good as MT 80%..
    JG had only 1 turn over.. not as good as MT 0
    JG had 0 TD.. not as good as MT 1TD
    JG threw for more yards..

thats basically it.. he threw for more yards on over double the attempts.. If he was on the Bears and they handicapped him to only 15 attempts you would be calling him a bust..

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbldrew For This Useful Post:

Weird the board is caught up on TD passes when Mitch has five in eight weeks and one game over 200 yards in those eight weeks. . We can talk about the future potential all we want but right now there’s no way Mitch is either playing well or playing at a level of Jimmy. I believe if the Bears had Jimmy in camp there’s a chance they’re 6-6 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjiton View Post
    It does need an explanation because it's a troll post.
    Comparing "two NFL QB's at very different points in their development." with two very different environments can do nothing but create a false equivalence.
    So to explain it to you in more simple terms. It's dumb. Its only motivation is to create argument. And thereby, Troll.
    Is it fair to ask which GM made the better choice in pursiuing a starting QB, Lynch or Pace?
    When you bleed, make it orange and blue

Quote Originally Posted by billwade View Post
    Is it fair to ask which GM made the better choice in pursiuing a starting QB, Lynch or Pace?
    We'll never know if Pace pursued Jimmy or not. By most accounts he wasn't available last year.

Jimmy definitely outplayed Trubs yesterday and i like Jimmy and think he's gonna be a really good QB in the NFL, but you can't compare the two on how they played in that one game. Trubs is being held back by our coaches while Jimmy was let loose to throw the ball. Jimmy has K.Shanahan and Trubs has Fox/Loggains. Jimmy had all day to throw the ball with us not having any QB pressure most of the game. Jimmy has been in the NFL and around a team of GOATS with Brady and BB leading that way. Jimmy had a WR that's been decent this year (M.Goodwin) considering the QB's he's been playing with in Hoyer and Beathard. Even with all that if you wanna go on yesterdays game then Jimmy absolutely outplayed Trubs yesterday.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:

Jg had a great comp% of 70%.. not as good as MT 80%..
    JG had only 1 turn over.. not as good as MT 0
    JG had 0 TD.. not as good as MT 1TD
    JG threw for more yards..

thats basically it.. he threw for more yards on over double the attempts.. If he was on the Bears and they handicapped him to only 15 attempts you would be calling him a bust..
    No, I wouldn't, and you've completely missed the point. As I already said, I wasn't even talking about stats (though points are the most important stats), I'm talking about their performance and how they ran the offense. Just looking at them it's very obvious that JG is the better QB at this point. That doesn't mean MT can't catch up, but he's nowhere near as fluent as JG today.

30. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearmick For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast