Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

billwade

Liked Posts:
It does need an explanation because it's a troll post.
Comparing "two NFL QB's at very different points in their development." with two very different environments can do nothing but create a false equivalence.
So to explain it to you in more simple terms. It's dumb. Its only motivation is to create argument. And thereby, Troll.

Is it fair to ask which GM made the better choice in pursiuing a starting QB, Lynch or Pace?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is it fair to ask which GM made the better choice in pursiuing a starting QB, Lynch or Pace?

We'll never know if Pace pursued Jimmy or not. By most accounts he wasn't available last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
FGs are considered offensive points, as are extra points. Their offense drove down the field and got into scoring position 5 times. The Bears managed it once.

You keep saying "great". Not once did I say that JG was "great". I said he was better than Trubisky.

JG marched all over the Bears in the first start he's ever had on his team. Trubisky in his 8th could do nothing for most of the day. If you watched that game yesterday and you don't think JG outplayed Trubisky by a distance, there's literally no other explanation than blind homerism. They aren't close right now. Jimmy's command of an NFL offense is night and day comparted to Mitch.

Jimmy definitely outplayed Trubs yesterday and i like Jimmy and think he's gonna be a really good QB in the NFL, but you can't compare the two on how they played in that one game. Trubs is being held back by our coaches while Jimmy was let loose to throw the ball. Jimmy has K.Shanahan and Trubs has Fox/Loggains. Jimmy had all day to throw the ball with us not having any QB pressure most of the game. Jimmy has been in the NFL and around a team of GOATS with Brady and BB leading that way. Jimmy had a WR that's been decent this year (M.Goodwin) considering the QB's he's been playing with in Hoyer and Beathard. Even with all that if you wanna go on yesterdays game then Jimmy absolutely outplayed Trubs yesterday.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jg had a great comp% of 70%.. not as good as MT 80%..
JG had only 1 turn over.. not as good as MT 0
JG had 0 TD.. not as good as MT 1TD
JG threw for more yards..

thats basically it.. he threw for more yards on over double the attempts.. If he was on the Bears and they handicapped him to only 15 attempts you would be calling him a bust..

No, I wouldn't, and you've completely missed the point. As I already said, I wasn't even talking about stats (though points are the most important stats), I'm talking about their performance and how they ran the offense. Just looking at them it's very obvious that JG is the better QB at this point. That doesn't mean MT can't catch up, but he's nowhere near as fluent as JG today.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I wouldn't, and you've completely missed the point. As I already said, I wasn't even talking about stats (though points are the most important stats), I'm talking about their performance and how they ran the offense. Just looking at them it's very obvious that JG is the better QB at this point. That doesn't mean MT can't catch up, but he's nowhere near as fluent as JG today.

Your not going to get anywhere with some of these homers clinging to Mitch's jock strap like a ship wrecked sailor clinging to some scraps of wood for a life preserver, right now it's all they got.

I am trying hard to figure out how sitting on the bench, clinging to a clip board for three years > than a pre-season with the team your playing with, almost a year to learn the playbook, and 8 fucking games with your players.

This whole narrative that Jimmy G should have played better than Trubisky is nonsense. Teams are not even allowed to have full contact practice this late in the season. How is it that Jimmy could possibly have any chemistry with his current team, know the play book, and have his timing down with his wide receivers? All within three weeks.

These same morons are perfectly fine with throwing away 18 mil on Mike Glennon, but lord have mercy, we don't want Jimmy because he will cost us money next year.

Good Lord.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both played the same amount of games roughly.

I'll take the younger player.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, Josh McCown is quietly having a season of a lifetime for the Jets.

Passer rating of 96.7, 18 TDs and 8 INTs with 5 rushing TDs as well.

Our nearly 40 year old former backup is having a better statistical season than probably any Bears QB in history, which is really quite sad. The fucking state of us.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, Josh McCown is quietly having a season of a lifetime for the Jets.

Passer rating of 96.7, 18 TDs and 8 INTs with 5 rushing TDs as well.

Our nearly 40 year old former backup is having a better statistical season than probably any Bears QB in history, which is really quite sad. The fucking state of us.
You know, this should be talked about more. The right move for the Bears would have been to keep McCown after he “emerged” his breakout year in Chicago and dumped Cutler. That would have been a ballsy move for the GM, but would have been best imo.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

so 10 of 15 for 124yards 0TD and 1 INT with a 64.3 rate you would be happy with? That is the first 15 pass attempts JG had (if he got handicapped to only 15 attempts like the Bears do to Trubisky)

If you cant see the vast difference in his WR being wide open all day and when they where not open (red zone) then I dont know what to tell you..

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FGs are considered offensive points, as are extra points. Their offense drove down the field and got into scoring position 5 times. The Bears managed it once.

You keep saying "great". Not once did I say that JG was "great". I said he was better than Trubisky.

JG marched all over the Bears in the first start he's ever had on his team. Trubisky in his 8th could do nothing for most of the day. If you watched that game yesterday and you don't think JG outplayed Trubisky by a distance, there's literally no other explanation than blind homerism. They aren't close right now. Jimmy's command of an NFL offense is night and day comparted to Mitch.

and by nothing you mean completing 80% of his passes and throwing a TD is nothing.. I am not for a minute trying to say I was not impressed by JG, but your hatred towards our QB is a little much. JG had much easier throws to make most of Mitch's were in tight windows with pressure.

You simple can not blame Mitch for the play calling. He is constantly being put in bad situation, but when he has a chance to pass he does well.. 80% completion with this group of WR is a pretty good performance. The thing that killed drives was continually calling run plays to a RB that is averaged only 2.9 YPC, and leads the league in negative runs.

Howard rushed for 38 yards on 13 attempts including a 14 yard run. If you take that run out then he averaged 2.0 yards per rush.
Bears RB had 15 rushes for 43 yards. a whopping 2.86 yards per carry, and a super predictable play calling

4 first down passes Trubisky 30%
9 first down rushes Howard 70%
Trubisky only passed 1 time directly following a first down. That is the definition of predictable play calling.

13 first down passes by JG 61%
8 first down rushes by Carlos Hyde 39%

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They both got good QBs.. But Pace identified his guy and took him .. Lynch waited and got lucky.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
How about pitching glennon over case Keenum who is turning into a starter

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Specifically what plays were you disappointed with Mitch's play?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good poll. Rex would have won that game.

No QB would of won that game with as much as we are committed to the run and how poor the RBs are preforming.. I think it is apparent the Howard is out of gas and needs to rest. All the heavy workload in the beginning of the season and losing is taking a turn on him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
3.5 years in league behind Brady with competent coaches vs 7 game guy with incompetent coaches and wrs....nice comparison

Only for opposing QBs could there possibly be an advantage to going to a 1-10 team with 5’8” below average receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so 10 of 15 for 124yards 0TD and 1 INT with a 64.3 rate you would be happy with? That is the first 15 pass attempts JG had (if he got handicapped to only 15 attempts like the Bears do to Trubisky)

If you cant see the vast difference in his WR being wide open all day and when they where not open (red zone) then I dont know what to tell you..

Yawn, are you saying that if Mitch threw the ball 30 times his stats would be 2x what they were?

How many long drives did Mitch have vs Jimmy?

Has it ever occurred to you there might be a reason why Mitch is only allowed to throw the ball 15 times a game?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yawn, are you saying that if Mitch threw the ball 30 times his stats would be 2x what they were?

Has it ever occurred to you there might be a reason why Mitch is only allowed to throw the ball 15 times a game?

Is it because there only is 30 O snaps per game because when Mitch gets a chance to throw the ball it is 3rd and long and a obvious passing situation.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

no im saying that if 1 QB is handicapped by the coaching staff and the other is not.. then comparing them is kind of pointless..

Reactions: Myk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Only way you're getting him is if you are a 49ers fan. So what's the point of this thread other than to troll.

Agreed. And I am not even the creator of said thread.