Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I couldn’t get over how much time JG had in the pocket to throw, and then when he did throw, his receivers were WIDE OPEN! Quite the opposite on the Bears side of things..

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I couldn’t get over how much time JG had in the pocket to throw, and then when he did throw, his receivers were WIDE OPEN! Quite the opposite on the Bears side of things..

Let's be honest, he was also putting it on the money with that glorious fast release of his.

He is throwing to the same level bums as the Bears.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The guy completed 80% of his passes.. and the play call on first down is 70% Run to RBs averaging 2.8YPC and leading the league in negative plays... That is the major difference.

To the guys saying Trubisky was out played specifically what plays did JG make that you though.. Man that was a great pass! Mitch just simple can not throw that. Most of JG passes were easy throws because the play calling from the 9ers was very good. Most passes MT threw were harder because the Bears had SHIT play calling. Yet Mitch still finished with a higher completion %, far better RATE, and the TD.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The guy completed 80% of his passes.. and the play call on first down is 70% Run to RBs averaging 2.8YPC and leading the league in negative plays... That is the major difference.

To the guys saying Trubisky was out played specifically what plays did JG make that you though.. Man that was a great pass! Mitch just simple can not throw that. Most of JG passes were easy throws because the play calling from the 9ers was very good. Most passes MT threw were harder because the Bears had SHIT play calling. Yet Mitch still finished with a higher completion %, far better RATE, and the TD.

I agree in the sense that I don't believe there is a throw Jimmy can make that Mitch can't. I think Jimmy is more accurate at this point. And I'd venture to say if Mitch had the same amount of attempts as Jimmy, his completion percentage would have been lower.

Bottom line, I think right now Jimmy sees the field better, can go through progressions faster, and simply processes informaton faster.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Funny how every Bears' opponent's receivers are always wide open, even teams with miserable WR corps, while ours never are.

It's just more excuses for Bears QBs. We've seen many all 22s this year where Mitch hasn't seen open receivers. Knowing when to release the ball and having your mechanics set to do it well reasonably consistently is half the battle. Mitch looks lost in the pocket a lot of the time.

Jimmy's field awareness, pocket presence and general command of the game around him is simply way more advanced than Mitch's. There's absolutely no point in arguing with anyone who doesn't acknowledge this. It's clear as day.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I wouldn't, and you've completely missed the point. As I already said, I wasn't even talking about stats (though points are the most important stats), I'm talking about their performance and how they ran the offense. Just looking at them it's very obvious that JG is the better QB at this point. That doesn't mean MT can't catch up, but he's nowhere near as fluent as JG today.

So again ur making a jack ass comparison. JG 3.5 years in the NFL and received good coaching and is with a offensive mind now

MT 7 games in nfl, garbage coach....enough said.

Reactions: Myk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how every Bears' opponent's receivers are always wide open, even teams with miserable WR corps, while ours never are.

It's just more excuses for Bears QBs. We've seen many all 22s this year where Mitch hasn't seen open receivers. Jimmy's field awareness, pocket presence and general command of the game around him is simply way more advanced than Mitch's. There's absolutely no point in arguing with anyone who doesn't acknowledge this. It's clear as day.

Lmao please show us the balls he completed when they had 5 to 10 yards of space....u are really becoming ridiculous

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I agree in the sense that I don't believe there is a throw Jimmy can make that Mitch can't. I think Jimmy is more accurate at this point. And I'd venture to say if Mitch had the same amount of attempts as Jimmy, his completion percentage would have been lower.

Bottom line, I think right now Jimmy sees the field better, can go through progressions faster, and simply processes informaton faster.

He does and he should. Truth be told that 49ers performance would've looked no different if Hoyer started. Easy throws completed, move the ball between the 20's, and can't put it in the end zone.

I think Jimmy is more talented than Hoyer, but I think we all need to see more out of him before anyone can judge how good he is going to be. I'm rooting for him. The league is better off the more good QB's it has. I think both QB's have a shot at becoming franchise QB's. I think Mitch has a better arm and is more athletic, but he is going to take some time to learn the things Jimmy has learned being in the best coached organization in football.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only for opposing QBs could there possibly be an advantage to going to a 1-10 team with 5’8” below average receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or having exp in the nfl and getting use too the speed, etc...but apparently u dumb mfers think MT should be a seasoned vet already and looking like Rodgers with bum receivers and the best couldnt suit up for the Chargers team. Keep trying though

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

not only that but we had 1 good run play on first down for 14 yards. every other 1st down run averaged 1.3 ypc..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or having exp in the nfl and getting use too the speed, etc...but apparently u dumb mfers think MT should be a seasoned vet already and looking like Rodgers with bum receivers and the best couldnt suit up for the Chargers team. Keep trying though

No need to get pissy. Even if Mitch had already sat for several years and the Bears just put in a new system that he only had a few weeks to learn and their receivers were worse and shorter than they are now, you wouldn’t stop using those things as excuses for the rest of the year.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No need to get pissy. Even if Mitch had already sat for several years and the Bears just put in a new system that he only had a few weeks to learn and their receivers were worse and shorter than they are now, you wouldn’t stop using those things as excuses for the rest of the year.

are those the same excuses you are using for JG terrible TD/INT rate this year?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Niners add some weapons and a couple impact players, Jimmy Garoppolo will make Niners fans think guys like Montana and Young were just slightly above average.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:

It's just more excuses for Bears QBs. We've seen many all 22s this year where Mitch hasn't seen open receivers. Knowing when to release the ball and having your mechanics set to do it well reasonably consistently is half the battle. Mitch looks lost in the pocket a lot of the time.

Jimmy's field awareness, pocket presence and general command of the game around him is simply way more advanced than Mitch's. There's absolutely no point in arguing with anyone who doesn't acknowledge this. It's clear as day.

The majority of the day, JG had as much time as he wanted in the pocket... and then some. That’s not something you ever see with this Bears team, or any Bears team for that matter.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Agreed. And I am not even the creator of said thread.

I am, there was a time when it was okay to compare NFL players, teams, coaches, and GM's. Some people think all that should be off limits now.

"Why talk about Brady or Rodgers? They are on other teams, how dare you say dear sweet Mitchell is a bust by talking about other QB's, you must be a troll"

I said it before, I sure hope Trubisky is tougher than some of the weak ass posters around here that get triggered by the mere mention of other players.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I could agree with you mostly, but these are thing that you think is happening.. On the field yesterday, you can not say the reason Mitch only completed 80% of his passes is because he was late to deliver the ball on the other 2 because he is going though his progressions too slow.

As for comparing the two as pure passers I think they are very close.. JG has a faster release and MT has the ability to throw accurately in more positions. they both are very accurate passers I don't know who has the edge. we just haven't seen enough to tell. I think the game has already slowed down for JG and what we see from him is closer to a finished level progression wise.

Issues

Liked Posts:
I am, there was a time when it was okay to compare NFL players, teams, coaches, and GM's. Some people think all that should be off limits now.

"Why talk about Brady or Rodgers? They are on other teams, how dare you say dear sweet Mitchell is a bust by talking about other QB's, you must be a troll"

I said it before, I sure hope Trubisky is tougher than some of the weak ass posters around here that get triggered by the mere mention of other players.
Day after the Bears getting their ass kicked by a kicker they let go. Fucking great

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no im saying that if 1 QB is handicapped by the coaching staff and the other is not.. then comparing them is kind of pointless..

one team is 1-10, the other is 3-8.............

scratching my head over that one.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So again ur making a jack ass comparison. JG 3.5 years in the NFL and received good coaching and is with a offensive mind now

MT 7 games in nfl, garbage coach....enough said.

How did Hundley look in his first game?

Whoops..........