Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Impossible to tell. Every single Third and 10 (and the 49ers had a lot of them), Garoppalo would just toss up a lollipop 10 yard pass to an open receiver, who'd run it another 10 yards or so. I'm thinking Trubisky could've made the same passes. Trubisky had to do something yesterday Garoppalo didn't have to do---fit it into tight windows and launch the ball in there.

None of that is to rag on Garoppalo. He looked good. But based on what we saw, there's nothing to indicate he'd be the obvious pick if you could somehow magically make he and Trubisky switch places.

By the way, are we going to do this every time the Bears play against a young quarterback?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If we are giving Trubisky a longer leash because he is a rookie, then Garoppolo needs to get a little time to develop also with his new team. I think that while he has been in the League for 4 years, he has actually Started fewer games than Trubisky...I might be wrong.

I still like Trubisky, because I really think we have not yet seen the best of him. I hope that Fox is gone today and Dowell just throws the ball a ton to stretch Trubisky's learning curve in the final 4 games.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Yep, never get it in the end zone in any of the many many games he's played with this previously 1-10 team. They didn't have a lot of penalties neither and plenty of redzone targets like most 1-10 teams do. And, of course, the idea of the final drive was to milk the clock and take it down as far as possible but you probably know that. You are so smart.

And should have kept Hoyer. Bears don't have anything better at the moment. Or maybe you like the fact the Bears offense can't stay on the field for more than a couple minutes at a time.

That last drive though. Too bad the Great Garrappalo couldn’t get it into the end zone you know those first couple of tries. It’s not like Bears have better receivers than the 9ers. Some how Trubisky threw a strike for one in the RedZone. But let’s discuss the last drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who do you want.

I'll take Garoppolo based on a tiny sample size.

Who cares they are both good. Trubisky has a little more talent, but Jimmy is a little more experienced. I'd be happy with either. Truth is the Bears and the 49ers did a good job at finding a QB. The Browns, Chiefs, Giants, and Texans still don't know what they got. Texans are probably in the worst situation because there 2018 pick they gave top to Browns looks like it could be a top 5 pick with a lot of QB talent on the board.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who do you want.

I'll take Garoppolo based on a tiny sample size.

3.5 years in league behind Brady with competent coaches vs 7 game guy with incompetent coaches and wrs....nice comparison

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that JG is vastly better at this point is a delusional homer.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
truth is the bears and the 49ers did a good job at finding a qb. The browns, chiefs, giants, and texans still don't know what they got.

lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JG is better today, as he should be, but I sure don’t make that trade.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Jimmy Two Times Garoppolo and Shanahan is a match made in heaven. They're going to own the NFCW in a couple years for a decade especially if Lynch can build a defense... Sorry Russell/Goff, your front offices haven't fleeced in a while. Your teams will regress like the Cardinals.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Brett Hundley looked great against the Bears and then fell on his face the next week. That being said, Garoppolo looked very good considering a bad offensive line, no name wide receivers, and only knowing a portion of the playbook. I was very impressed. But it could very well just be that the Bears suck really bad right now.

Hundley has played well the last couple of weeks and Garoppolo looked very good? I'd say he looked pretty good for all the time he had to run around to find an open WR but zero TD's against a bad team. So Jimmy gets a pass for having a bad o-line and no WR's but Trubs doesn't get a pass for the the players he has to deal with and he's a rookie who's only started one season in college? These comments aren't meant for just you Adi cause i know you don't come down on Trubs as bad as certain others do. I wonder how that game would of looked if we switched head coaches and play callers? Give Trubs K.Shanahan and give Jimmy Fox/Loggains...lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we are giving Trubisky a longer leash because he is a rookie, then Garoppolo needs to get a little time to develop also with his new team. I think that while he has been in the League for 4 years, he has actually Started fewer games than Trubisky...I might be wrong.

I still like Trubisky, because I really think we have not yet seen the best of him. I hope that Fox is gone today and Dowell just throws the ball a ton to stretch Trubisky's learning curve in the final 4 games.

Yeah i think Jimmy started just 2 games for the Pats so this makes 3. I'm a Jimmy fan and would of loved to get Jimmy but i'm also very excited to see what Trubs can do with a real play caller and HC and with weapons to throw to.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that JG is vastly better at this point is a delusional homer.

lot of yards no TD and INT.. didnt we get rid of a guy like that?

Jg looked great between the 20s.. but the fact that he couldn't score on us and your crowning him is amusing even Hundley managed to score a TD lol

I loved JG and wanted to trade for him.. but to use this game where he couldnt score to show how great he was is just dumb

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lot of yards no TD and INT.. didnt we get rid of a guy like that?

Jg looked great between the 20s.. but the fact that he couldn't score on us and your crowning him is amusing even Hundley managed to score a TD lol

I loved JG and wanted to trade for him.. but to use this game where he couldnt score to show how great he was is just dumb

I wasn't so much talking about stats as their respective performances from the eye test of watching their pocket presence, field awareness, decision making, getting the ball out at the right time, and general mechanics. Garoppolo is just better.

But if we're going by numbers, Jimmy got his team in a position to score 5 times and they put up 15 offensive points. The Bears' offense scored once, 7 points. While obviously you'd rather have TDs, 15>7.

It was also Jimmy's first start on his team, not his 8th straight.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Garoppolo is 3 years older and he learned behind the best QB to ever play this game, IMO he looks like a young Rodgers.

On the other hand, Trubs is younger and definitely has shown flashes of his talent.
That said, I'm very doubtful if Bears management will hire the right HC/OC for his development, because if not, then this franchise should have gone after more NFL ready product in the Offseason (be that Garoppolo or Watson).

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I wasn't so much talking about stats as their respective performances from the eye test of watching their pocket presence, field awareness, decision making, getting the ball out at the right time, and general mechanics. Garoppolo is just better.

But if we're going by numbers, Jimmy got his team in a position to score 5 times and they put up 15 offensive points. The Bears' offense scored once, 7 points. While obviously you'd rather have TDs, 15>7.

Jimmy wasn’t that impressive yesterday. Furthermore, looking to the future, he’s about to cost $18M+ per year. No thanks to that based on the one game sample size everyone is taking between him and Trubisky.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

they scored 0 offensive points! He looked great between the 20s and fell apart in the red zone.. you cant point to a QB who fell apart ever time in the red zone and use that game to point out how great he was.. Its beyond dumb to point to that performance as any indication that he is great.. He played a crappy team and coundnt score..

I'm sure he is going to be great.. but this performance isnt one to point to

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
they scored 0 offensive points! He looked great between the 20s and fell apart in the red zone.. you cant point to a QB who fell apart ever time in the red zone and use that game to point out how great he was.. Its beyond dumb to point to that performance as any indication that he is great.. He played a crappy team and coundnt score..

I'm sure he is going to be great.. but this performance isnt one to point to

FGs are considered offensive points, as are extra points. Their offense drove down the field and got into scoring position 5 times. The Bears managed it once.

You keep saying "great". Not once did I say that JG was "great". I said he was better than Trubisky.

JG marched all over the Bears in the first start he's ever had on his team. Trubisky in his 8th could do nothing for most of the day. If you watched that game yesterday and you don't think JG outplayed Trubisky by a distance, there's literally no other explanation than blind homerism. They aren't close right now. Jimmy's command of an NFL offense is night and day comparted to Mitch.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
JG is better today, as he should be, but I sure don’t make that trade.

He looked better today, but he had all day to throw and there were wide open receivers. What I saw in that game is the scheme was miles better that Jimmy was playing in and he did a good job of getting the ball to open receivers. What I also saw was potentially limited arm strength when everything wasn't right. He floated a handful of passes out there, so we have to see what he looks like after he gets hits around a bit and has to play a game when the pocket isn't clean and he's actually under duress. We'll see. Anyone making grand proclamations between the two off of this game is just straight emotional.

On a side note, I think this and the Hundley game definitely expose Fangio at not adjusting well and being way too passive against inexperienced QB's. Honestly, how many times did the 49ers run the same damn routes and were wide open, particularly on third and long?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
FGs are considered offensive points, as are extra points. Their offense drove down the field and got into scoring position 5 times. The Bears managed it once.

You keep saying "great". Not once did I say that JG was "great". I said he was better than Trubisky.

JG marched all over the Bears in the first start he's ever had on his team. Trubisky in his 8th could do nothing for most of the day. If you watched that game yesterday and you don't think JG outplayed Trubisky by a distance, there's literally no other explanation than blind homerism. They aren't close right now. Jimmy's command of an NFL offense is night and day comparted to Mitch.

Jg had a great comp% of 70%.. not as good as MT 80%..
JG had only 1 turn over.. not as good as MT 0
JG had 0 TD.. not as good as MT 1TD
JG threw for more yards..

thats basically it.. he threw for more yards on over double the attempts.. If he was on the Bears and they handicapped him to only 15 attempts you would be calling him a bust..

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Weird the board is caught up on TD passes when Mitch has five in eight weeks and one game over 200 yards in those eight weeks. . We can talk about the future potential all we want but right now there’s no way Mitch is either playing well or playing at a level of Jimmy. I believe if the Bears had Jimmy in camp there’s a chance they’re 6-6 right now.