Is Mitchell Trubisky really all that elite at taking sacks when put into perspective

Visionman

Liked Posts:
WOw, they allow any trash "articles" to be posted on this site, don't they? Desperate times, I guess....

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Is Mitchell Trubisky really all that elite at taking sacks when put into perspective of our last "franchise" quarterback?

By Vick Ashley, Chicitysports posting contributer

In all the talk about Mitchell Trubisky and what he has shown thus far especially from what is being literally "coached" into him at this early stage of his career, the one primary focus that is probably most easily measured is how he has the ability to take sacks well when there is not anything there to throw at. So I took the trouble of actually looking up the numbers and while it may not be a fair comparison to compare Trubisky to our former veteran franchise QB, JAY CUTLER, the numbers literally will make you shake your head in concern or astonishment.

While many on here continue to post about how Trubisky is "at least not throwing interceptions and he gives up a sack like a true veteran-good-decisioning-quarterback" I have to point out this as it pertains to ball security while being sacked. Mitchell Trubisky has played 8 games and taken TWENTY ONE sacks so far this season which is a lot of sacks, but what is troubling about these sacks is that he has literally coughed up the pigskin EIGHT TIMES in EIGHT GAMES for an average fumble/game of ONE, and a Fumble to total sack ratio of 8/21 or 38%

Contrasted with JAY CUTLER, who has played 10 games and has only 15 sacks, his fumbles/game is only 10% and his fumbles/sack ratio is 1/15 or 6% which is likely the best of his career but even in bad years like 2015 he was taking almost 2 sacks per game but had a much smaller fumble/sack ratio of 20.6% over 15 games, literally almost half of our rookies fumble/sack ratio this year.

So before people start literally "crowning" Trubisky for certain aspects of his game I think it is prudent to make sure you go take a hard look at the numbers which never, ever lie because statistics can make you look like an ignoramus when you are dead wrong.

shouldn't the question be is he elite at avoiding sacks? Or are you literally talking about how he handles a tackle when being sacked?

I literally didnt read the rest of your post so I apologize if you specify what you meant in it.. I literally cant stand reading the word "literally" and every 3rd word you write is literally "literally"

So it is just best if I dont read to many of your posts because reading the word "literally" will literally make me want to punch my computer.. figuratively speaking that is..

jonimus

Liked Posts:
shouldn't the question be is he elite at avoiding sacks? Or are you literally talking about how he handles a tackle when being sacked?

I literally didnt read the rest of your post so I apologize if you specify what you meant in it.. I literally cant stand reading the word "literally" and every 3rd word you write is literally "literally"

So it is just best if I dont read to many of your posts because reading the word "literally" will literally make me want to punch my computer.. figuratively speaking that is..

You literally just gave him a boner with this reply. You literally just doused the troll fire with e-gasoline. You literally just threw the biggest sausage to the most annoying dog. You literally just added 10 pounds of cake mix to your least favorite cake. You literally just begged the fat lady to sing 10 more songs. I love you.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
The only thing Trubisky is learning is the speed of the game. He will have to learn an entire new playbook next year.

As far as taking sacks, sure he isn't throwing picks, but he needs to watch a ton of Tom Brady tape in the offseason to try to understand how to side step in the pocket and where to move to in the pocket based on the protection calls. Brady is great at alot of things, but that's what separates him from the best. Slow as hell yet avoids sacks by knowing where the pressure will be coming from pre snap and moving away from it.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
This is literally as good as most Yahoo articles I've seen.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Must clarify something brought up by BEAR PRIDES in another thread because he is too "chicken-****" to come into this thread, but he is right that Trubiksy turned the ball over on only 3 of the 8 fumbles so far this season meaning that someone on the bears even Mitchell himself got on top of the ball for the recovery, however I must also point out that the total number of yards lost on his sacks is 128 for the season which is 128% of an entire football field of play, and has him at 16 yards lost/games started on sacks which is not too bad until you look at Rex Grossman who was notorious for losing yards due to sacks who had a career average of just under 13 sack yards/game.

Could you please compare his Turnovers and sack yardage lost to other starting rookies so that I have a better sense of where he is at with his peers.. I think Watson and Kizer would be the only ones this year.. Kizer's team and coaches are similar but with Watson, his numbers should be handicapped some how because of the very good team and coaches around him. Thanks

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
Comparing an 8 plus year vet with professional receivers vs a 8 game rookie with wideouts that played on the practice squad is laughable.

Your threads continue to be so ridiculous it’s hard not to laugh

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
How can you claim that you had no idea it existed when I literally linked it in a posting I made in the other thread that you literally responded to, 12 minutes later, almost two hours ago? Nice try but you and your friend TEDDY KFC continue to prove my points about your credibility, time and time again and here is the proof right into your own face, Mr. PRIDE:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...lo-Right-Now?p=2911945&viewfull=1#post2911945

Vash, you dumb mf'er. If you want me to come to a thread, why wouldn't you just ask me like a normal person. Instead, you're a punkass bitch calling me out in a thread I didn't know existed. You have proved nothing! Bupkus! Nada! Stupid ass.

Yep, the only thing you have proved is that your a whiny little troll living in your fantasy World on the internet. Sad really. How do you fit all these stupid threads into your schedule with College and your 4 jobs?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could you please compare his Turnovers and sack yardage lost to other starting rookies so that I have a better sense of where he is at with his peers.. I think Watson and Kizer would be the only ones this year.. Kizer's team and coaches are similar but with Watson, his numbers should be handicapped some how because of the very good team and coaches around him. Thanks

Vash, what's the problem here? You are literally taking a lot of time.